My March (Asian) Cruise is sold out

downundermatt

Have been watching a cruise on the Constellation in March 2017 and it shows sold out, which surprised me a little.

Just wondering if this is likely to open up ??(am assuming some Asian Tour Operators may have large blocks of cabins they are holding onto for now)

It was our top cruise for next year, its just we only just got the time off from work together approved.

Sorry to be posting here, but I guessed this was as good a place as any.

Cheers

Edited by downundermatt

Have been watching a cruise on the Constellation in March 2017 and it shows sold out, which surprised me a little.

Just wondering if this is likely to open up ??(am assuming some Asian Tour Operators may have large blocks of cabins they are holding onto for now)

It was our top cruise for next year, its just we only just got the time off from work together approved.

Cheers

These Asian cruises seem really popular at the moment. We are booked on the Millie in October and there haven't been any suite rooms left for ages. The odd one pops up and goes again immediately....I would add at a more expensive price than when the itinerary was released and we booked.

Have you contacted cruise travel agents to query availability? Worth a few phone calls and browsing the net to see if anyone is advertising your cruise. That would be my first step if I was you....Just see if there are rooms available....If there are your problem is solved.

If the answer is it is sold out there will be, I'm sure, a dribble of rooms back onto the market with (if it follows a usual pattern) several near to final payment. It depends then on how room faddy you are. If you are happy booking within a wide range, for example any veranda room, you could be lucky. The only snag we have seen over the years is if only a few rooms come up they maybe more expensive than they were.

Maybe worth looking at alternative cruises too or looking at the same cruise but a year on...

Sincere good luck on your search, let us know how you get on.

Have you checked the roll call for the particular sailing? You may find it's partially chartered or perhaps a large group (convention) cruising together? Not saying it is, but you may gain more of an insight and even an early chance for openings becoming available ;). Pop over and ask a few questions, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist :).

Yes my cruise on Connie in February is completely sold out; it's no longer even on the website when you search for it - tried waitlisting for an upgrade and my TA told me they even closed the waitlist. Waiting for final payment date to pass in the hope that there will be SOME cancellation.

Which cruise is it?

I'm on the March 19th sailing and can confirm it was selling slowly until they slightly changed the itinerary, then it began to sell out inside about 4 weeks. The steady reduction in cabins over that period would seem to indicate no block booking - but I couldn't say for sure.

We are also booked on Connie for March and for the Japan cruise on Millennium in October.

The cruise on Connie is sold out for a while already. Mostly due to great prices offered sometime around April this year when we booked. It will be our cheapest Celebrity cruise ever. I received an email one morning in April telling me about an Asia-Special Sale: 1499 Euro for Aqua Class, less for others!!! That morning I could see 14 AQ available ... one by one they went and the evening of the next day AQ was sold out. We got one of them :)

I think the cruise to Japan only has some suites left and is otherwise also sold out.

I know a lot of people booked for Asia next year with the Specials.

So yes, the cruises are sold out and not blocked. Our friend and TA confirmed that they sold fast.

Keep looking our ask to be put on a wait list. Some cancellations might occur...

Edited by Miaminice

Thanks for the responses !

The cruise is on the Constellation on 05 March 2017 from Singapore, am hoping Cabins open up after final payment is due.

Fingers Crossed:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for both of us then, although we cruise a month earlier. Who would have thought these would bo so popular! I don't even know what to do yet for the port of Manila (we dock there) as it is not frequented by many ships at all!

Hi there is an inside and a RS available on US site and Aus site

Liz

A couple of years ago, we decided to take an Around Japan cruise on Century. We booked one for the March/April 2015 timeframe. This was the only Around Japan cruise at that time of the year.

The cruise was cancelled, since Century was sold, and we replaced it with a Singapore to Dubai cruise that turned out great.

Here is my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

We still wanted to do Around Japan, so we booked one of two Around Japan cruises on Millennium for September 2015. That cruise was cancelled due to a charter, in fact both the only Around Japan cruises were cancelled due to charter.

We were very frustrated, so I checked other cruise lines and Princess had an Around Japan cruise, but it was in the Summer. Did not want to do Japan in the Summer. Didn't see one on HAL or RC.

There was a Japan and China cruise with most of the ports on the cruise Japanese, but it included one port in mainland China, requiring us to pay $500 for new Chinese visas for one port. We had been to Shanghai before and didn't care about stopping there, but we didn't gamble and paid for the visas.

The cruise was great, it included five Japanese ports (one was in Okinawa), Shanghai and two days in Taiwan, ending in Hong Kong. Loved the cruise as well as our 8 days pre-cruise in Japan.

Despite all the cancellations, both cruises were wonderful and we call 2015 our Asian year.

Here is my review of the Japan and China trip.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Google "cruise price tracker" and you might find a website that can keep you notified of any changes. Just tell them what you're looking for and you'll get an email if something becomes available.

As you get closer to final payment, you'll see some openings happen but you'll have to move fast because other people are probably doing the same thing.

We are on Connie in Feb 2017 there was a great deal on and they sold out almost immediately. We got a suite for an amazing price[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] very happy bunny.

Congratulations! Did the deal just come on? I really should be looking at CEL's website everyday!

Hi Chemmo

What cruise are you taking on the Millenium in October of 2017?.We are booked on the Japan and China

Enrichment Journey from OVC from 10/01/17 through 10/26/17. The ship days are 10/05/17 thru 10/19/17. The rest is precruise in Tokyo and 9 days post cruise on a land tour of China.

It seems that these cruises sell out very quickly. We booked this one back in May of 2017. There is not much chatter on the message boards from these passengers. At least not yet.

We will be with you on this Antarctica cruise. Also a very popular, once a year cruise.

Hope to meet you there.

Pat

Edited by rphpcf
double writing

• 1 month later...