Happy Post!!! What are you looking forward to most on your next cruise??

Wow CCers!! I posted this last night and had to go to sleep after seeing only the first great post. I then proceeded to have a very physical, trying, difficult 12 hour day at work lol and just got home. Imagine my surprise to see so many great responses! I read every single post and every single one made me smile! It's so nice to hear all of your personal stories and those little things that bring happiness! Thanks for sharing everyone. It was such a great pick me up!

Karena1 and NeilD thank you so much!!! :D:D Your posts made me feel great and I appreciate your kind words!

Happy cruising!

We have many cruises behind us and we have booked balcony cabins only for many years. This year we had the ability to grab a great deal on a cruise that leaves the day after Christmas. We've been all over the Caribbean, the Med, Hawaii...but never been on a cruise when it's decorated for Christmas. We will be flying on Christmas Day. No cooking, no cleaning, no cold weather. We have inside cabins because we are taking my Grandson and he's taking a friend. She's never been on a cruise before and never been to the Caribbean. We love her and can't wait for her to become addicted to cruising. When we take someone new, it's like it's the first time for us too. We LOVE IT! She is so excited and is counting the days. So are we! I'm going to relax while my the the explore the islands. I can't wait to hear them at dinner every night. In fact, we've already booked another cruise for June for all of us. I've already told her about that feeling I get when I hear the "ding" of the card...lol

I'm looking forward to my DH's reaction when he realizes I upgraded our room. Fingers crossed I can upgrade again for little or no money - ship still has a LOT of unsold cabins and we are just a little over a month away. And looking forward to being in the water. I would live at the beach if I could. :D

I'm looking forward to my DH's reaction when he realizes I upgraded our room. Fingers crossed I can upgrade again for little or no money - ship still has a LOT of unsold cabins and we are just a little over a month away. And looking forward to being in the water. I would live at the beach if I could. :D

I did that once. We were in a balcony and was able to up grade to a Grand Suite. DH husband loved it but we can never go back now :eek:

I did that once. We were in a balcony and was able to up grade to a Grand Suite. DH husband loved it but we can never go back now :eek:

That's my biggest fear. ;) Although we did recently take a river cruise and managed to survive in a 135 square foot cabin. :eek:

This is the most upbeat, positive post I have seen. I feel good for you. May all your cruise wishes come true! Good luck with the wedding. You are a breath of fresh air.

I agree! This is a great thread! Thanks OP for starting it!

Cruise -Anthem November 10-20. Three weeks ago my answer would have been finding great beaches and partying. But since I shattered the bones in my left wrist last week I will just be happy if I can go on cruise. Having lymphedema in my right arm kind of makes me very dependent on my hubby and friends to get around. Surgeon will let me know next Thursday if I am cleared for travel.

Thanks OP, a great positive post.

After a serious illness earlier this year (which involved cancelling a cruise) I have the go ahead to fly and cruise in January. First evening, post dinner I will be seen on the carousel on the Oasis (the bear is my favourite character).

I am old enough to be retired but young enough to be seriously looking forward to that carousel!

Thanks again for a great post idea!

It's not my next cruise, but in a year from now I am bringing my mom on her first ever cruise, her first ever real trip. She has been by my side through multiple brain surgeries and radiation, multiple hospital stays ( even flew to Europe when I was there for 3 months ), she is the very best mom ever and I can't wait to make happy memories on a cruise of a lifetime.

This is so incredibly sweet! I know you and your mom will have a wonderful time together!

For me, it is the excitement of being on a brand new ship (Harmony) in less than 30 days now! Time for me and my sweet husband to just be together and relax. We've been to all the islands and don't even plan on getting off the ship.

Since our room cards will be waiting at our room, I will miss that "DING" sound when we walk on board. I always love to hear that little sound. It's amazing how that one little sounds can make you feel.

Thanks tlatrice and chemo! <3

These posts make me smile and on top of that they remind me of things that I'm looking forward to that I hadn't even thought about! For all those that are just cruising again (or fingers crossed cleared for cruising!) I'm so happy for you that you will be able to enjoy your vacations!

I am looking forward to being on the Harmony, knowing that it will be the very last time I have to get off the ship and return to work. The following months will fly by while packing to move and counting down my last work days. Our next cruise will be my first post-retirement cruise :D.

Things I'm looking forward to (not necessarily in order):

1. Getting away from ALL the daily stress.

2. Having quality time with my husband.

3. Listening to the ocean.

4. Not having to be "Mom" to everyone around me.

5. Spending time with my youngest daughter and grandson's, ages six and nine.

But I think what I'm looking forward to the most is watching the boys on their first cruise. To be able to see the cruise through their eyes. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bstevens

Getting to share my love of cruising with my 5 year old. DH and I have taken our soon to be 11 year old once, but January with be our 5 year old's 1st cruise - I know it will be WAAAY different than any cruise before and I am looking forward to seeing it from her point of view! Bring on the pool, pizza, and fruit!!!!! (and forget about "fancy dining" as she can't sit still!).

Also, sharing new ports with both of the kids - new countries, new cultures, new memories.

Harmony has sayings hanging from the ceiling in the windjammer, and one says something about travel being the only thing that makes you richer and I agree with that thought!!!

We will be on the Oasis Dec 23rd sailing. We'll have 3 full sea days (always so relaxing!) and we booked a Guarantee Jr. Suite.

We're still waiting for our room assignment, but it will be some sort of suite.

On our last RCCL cruise (Jewel out of Puerto Rico) we only had 1 sea day. We love those days since they are the most relaxing of all.