Anthem 10/20 Review

WMQueenie

We had classic dining and started off with Silk in the rotation so we ended up in Silk 3 times and had three different menus but we liked them all, i loved the decor as well :-) I dont know why silk gets so much hate, our waiter says a lot of people complain its too spicy

Explorer is great from May to September. After that Explorer is a total misfit leaving from NJ. Outdoor activities are great but not whens it 28 degrees and sleeting. Quantum class was made for ports that dont always have ideal weather. Perfect fit for NJ IMO. I hope it's a blizzard when we sail out on 2/19 and I can watch it all from the cozy Solarium.

Edited by Moltar

Explorer is great from May to September. After that Explorer is a total misfit leaving from NJ. Outdoor activities are great but not whens it 28 degrees and sleeting. Quantum class was made for ports that dont always have ideal weather. Perfect fit for NJ IMO. I hope it's a blizzard when we sail out on 2/19 and I can watch it all from the cozy Solarium.

Boy you just painted a beautiful picture. That sounds pretty awesome!

Thank you for your post WMQueenie! It was great to read your review. We are in cabin #6552 on April 29, 2017 to Boston & Bermuda and had concerns about the "small" balcony. We like to be close to the steps/elevator so this cabin seemed like the best one for us. I also liked hearing that the bed was next to the balcony. Have a great day!

Thank you very much for your honest review :)

I understand what you didn't like, but for us it will make no difference: we don't drink more than one alcoholic drink per day, maybe less, so the price will not be a problem; we will have late seating so will not be hungry during the night (been in several cruise ships and never had to eat after 10 p.m. not even when we go to the disco until 3 a.m.); will travel during March so will appreciate indoor spaces :)

I appreciate when the OP say what liked and what disliked because what bothers ones, will not bother others...it's much better than the ones that only complaint and don't say nothing about the complaining ! The worst reviews that I keep reading about AOS are about things that don't bother us at all ;) Thank you once again :)

Edited by framboesa

Our 14th cruise was on the Anthem and we loved it. We also request a table for 2. And that is what we want, not another table a few inches from us! We have learned to ask for a "private" table for 2 & that usually does the trick!

Marg

Thanks for the tip. We had a table for 2 on our recent Allure of the Seas cruise and were inches away from 2 other tables for 2 (so it was a table for 6 with us in the middle). Find it quite a bit more awkward when you are at tables for 2 where no one is expecting to socialize but are sort of forced into it.

I was on the 10/20 sailing on Anthem as well. Loved everything about it except the shows. I sailed the Allure on 10/9, thought the shows were spectacular [emoji93][emoji93][emoji93] Maybe my expectations were too high??? Getting back to he Anthem, my husband and I enjoyed spending time in the Music Hall, Vintages and dinner at Silk. As far as the chair hoggers, they are on every cruise ship. I did see pool monitors removing towels and personal belongings from chairs ️. I definitely would sail on the Anthem again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums