Harmony LIVE, November 12th - 19th. Happier Than a Seagull with a French Fry!

A&L_Ont

Haha. This is one of the greatest posts of all time.

Well, I'm glad you found it entertaining!![emoji6]

And to the other poster, I think I'm the one losing it! LOL!!

And a big Congrats to Andrew on your win!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by rkkunk

It is now what RC calls Day 8, also known as don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I will be posting pics tomorrow on the way home, from the airport and plane. Post cruise wrap up will happen early next week.

We just tucked into our cabin and placed our luggage into the hallway. Post cruise wrap up will happen early next week.

96a040a17f9ecf0b61d1531fffeeb255.jpg

For those that are used to seeing Owen in these reviews here is a quick Owen update. It sounds like we will be attending some of this weekend's Silver Stick hockey tournament that Owen is playing in. The final games are on Sunday. His team won 8-2 today and he got 2 goals and player of the game.

7b8587681f44b226fffc73fd0ed41c0f.jpg

See you in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Congrats on your win! to Owen too.

Is the board only signed by winners of BOTB? I noticed Tino's signature on there (activities mgr). He was a great AM too on the transatlantic.

It is signed by only the winner of the Best of the Best. Perhaps the activity manager signs to acknowledge that they had the position, otherwise I have no idea. :)

They are fully ripe, off season is approaching....but there are strikes in Mexico price went up to almost $2 each locally.[emoji14]It is just speculation, but I think it has more to do with cost, rather than maturity. :rolleyes:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/restaurants/2016/10/28/strikes-mexico-lead-avocado-shortage-increased-prices-dallas

Blame it on Trump. Mexico will pay for the wall with increased revenue from avocados

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

I am just at the beach pool and the band is playing. I'm pretty sure you can hear it fairly well. The beach pool is salty but as not salty as on Allure and Oasis. The rest of the pools are fresh water. The pools have been nice and warm all week. I'd say the jacuzzi is nice at the suite lounge. Hole punching is frowned up. You can use the clear pouch though.

So what do you consider warm when it comes to pool temperature? We are driving up the keys to FLL right now to board Harmony and it is a little chilly out! Are the pools warm enough for this Florida girl? Warm to me is above 85! Above 90 is ideal!

Edited by kaylie44

I'm not Andrew and have never done this before but I have started a page where I will be posting our cruise compasses and menus from our cruise that begins as soon as HOTS kicks Andrew off the ship ;) sorry Andrew it's my turn.

LIVE 11/19/16 Harmony of the Seas Western Cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424547

So what do you consider warm when it comes to pool temperature? We are driving up the keys to FLL right now to board Harmony and it is a little chilly out! Are the pools warm enough for this Florida girl? Warm to me is above 85! Above 90 is ideal!

It was around 85. We heat our pool at home and it was right where we like it on the ship.

I'm not Andrew and have never done this before but I have started a page where I will be posting our cruise compasses and menus from our cruise that begins as soon as HOTS kicks Andrew off the ship ;) sorry Andrew it's my turn.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424547

Thanks for finishing helping to carry the information torch. Have an amazing week.

Congratulations on wining BOTB. I'll let the Princess know that you'll be defending your Title in March.

We scoped my ride so she might have seen it live. Say hello to her for us. We look forward to seeing you both in March.

Noooo, it's over. I so enjoyed your live review and Scopes. Thank you for bringing us and safe trip home. Just in time for snow!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Sadly, all good things come to an end.

Thanks for finishing helping to carry the information torch. Have an amazing week.

We scoped my ride so she might have seen it live. Say hello to her for us. We look forward to seeing you both in March.

Sadly, all good things come to an end.

The board for our western cruise is being moved

Sorry about that guys.

LIVE - 11/19/16 - Harmony of the Seas - Western

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2424575

So we are at our gate and board in minutes. More to come when we are airborne.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

its still a nice tepmperature up here, out raking up the last of the leaves in a t shirt this morning. Had to get them up before the snow tomorrow.:eek:

As always another fabulous review.

Thanks.:)

Safe travels to you and Lisa! Enjoyed meeting you for that beverage! We are waiting for our flight from Miami to Chicago.... not looking forward to the 28 degree wind chill that awaits us [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safe travels home. We are wheels up and have some miles behind us.

its still a nice tepmperature up here, out raking up the last of the leaves in a t shirt this morning. Had to get them up before the snow tomorrow.:eek:

As always another fabulous review.

Thanks.:)

I'm not liking tonight's forecast either. How many days until we board Harmony? 111 days is way too many days.

Edit: next time you will be with us. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Just running through the last of the pics from the ship. A few new firsts by the pool. They had a fresh fruit being carved by the beach pool. Watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melons. This lovely treat of ice cream was delivered lounger side. That was some wow.

aa5cacfd40db64a2137a55cc26b5f80d.jpg

We noticed a few more differences from Allure/Oasis and Harmony. There is no terrace platform beach chair seating at the forward port pool.

b7093d45cfe20396979e6eba32eba3a7.jpg

They also changed the "normal" rail system that looks down from deck 16 onto the pools. Parts are the typical metal rails and then it switches to glass. It seems to have reduced the amount of wind that blows down onto the pools. The first picture shows you the change from close up.

c13d119cb3fc568d24761db6b870f776.jpg

This second photo shows how it looks from the distance.

e98bad24b7d45c3468a8a7685800d554.jpg

I should have brought the Mophie battery along last night. There was some classic singing both good and bad at On Air last night. I scoped a bit but my phone almost failed me. 1% charge, ouch.

f504161bfdc3d4a371028fadd69383a3.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

It didn't fail me though. I snapped a few pics on the walk back to the cabin. GS were backed up as normal on the last night. It was swamped almost all week.

cb1529a21886019d3dbba4991c8b8309.jpg

This photo was in front of the Servitude Bar, opps I mean the Schooner Bar. I wonder how often an inebriated guest stops here for a nap as they saunter their way back to their cabin. A little snack at Sorrento's and some sleep in the row boat makes it all good. I had a few friends back in college who might have spent the night sleeping there. Oh those were the days.

03eb5dd7d80d356449ab3e2354f1fdf2.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

How much was the drink package this week?

Sorry, I have no idea. I got my drinks through the D+ perks and in the suite lounge. You should/can try asking on the main RC boards or ask someone who might be "live" this week.

Hockey update. Owen's team won both games today. 12-4 and 15-1. Owen got another play maker award too. Looks like the hockey arena will be our home tomorrow for semis and possibly finals.

So much for a leisurely return to normal life. Oh wait, the arena is normal for us. The ice show was the the first time in a week that we were that close to ice, other than the cubes in our glass.

Landing soon, and there is just the post cruise shake down to come.

Edited by A&L_Ont