Packing list

Tasm3n

We are preparing for our trip this coming January and I'm curious what type of things should be on our packing list. We are sailing on the Escape and in the Haven.

I'm assuming things like sunscreen but am curious if there are other little things people have found it's helpful to have once on board.

Use the search function and put in the words Packing List. You'll probably get 5 hits at least.

Actually I did that before I made my post and got a lot of posts that had 'packing' or 'list' in them and had nothing to do specifically with the Escape.

Actually I did that before I made my post and got a lot of posts that had 'packing' or 'list' in them and had nothing to do specifically with the Escape.

Packing lists are pretty generic, unless you are talking about a cold weather itinerary like Alaska. I can't think of a single thing about the Escape which would require a unique item on the packing list. Any packing list you find will probably work.

Ummm, closed toe shoes if you want to do the rope's course? Best I can come up with:).

We are preparing for our trip this coming January and I'm curious what type of things should be on our packing list. We are sailing on the Escape and in the Haven.

I'm assuming things like sunscreen but am curious if there are other little things people have found it's helpful to have once on board.

Not sure how many electronic devices you use, but there are never enough outlets. Ever. Packing a charging hub is a MUST. Google "charging hub" and you'll see the one I use. It's circular and on sale at a very popular shopping channel. Not sure if I can mention the name here [emoji848]. We were on the Escape in January, also in the Haven. The Bvlgari body lotion isn't the best, so pack your own. The shower gel is nice though. I can mention a few small items that you won't need to pack. No need to pack cotton balls, q-tips, body sponge, or slippers. There's really nothing that I can think of that's specific to the Escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is really nothing you need on a ship that you won't need for ANY vacation to the same climate. Yes...sunscreen is a must...but other than that...you normal stuff is more than sufficient !

We've NEVER needed "over the door" holders or power strips.....plug and unplug as needed. It's one week...you can make do for 6 days!

Edited by cb at sea

There is really nothing you need on a ship that you won't need for ANY vacation to the same climate. Yes...sunscreen is a must...but other than that...you normal stuff is more than sufficient !

We've NEVER needed "over the door" holders or power strips.....plug and unplug as needed. It's one week...you can make do for 6 days!

On my first cruise I believed all the packing lists saying you needed power strips, over the door hangers, duct tape, pegs, bungee cords, magnets, highlighters etc.... we never took any of it out of the suitcase! When I told my seasoned cruiser friend he couldn't stop laughing at all the stuff we took. It's a cruise, not a camping trip in the 3rd world :rolleyes: Next time I'll know better!

Oh, although what was useful was a water filter bottle as the tap water in the cabin can taste a little funky, and a small coffee beaker to fill up at the buffet and take away :)

When I saw the list of suggestions for first time cruisers I decided to take some for the fun factory! We had a laugh the first night when I did a Mary Poppins and started to get various items of our case! Actually the fun started at the airport when my bag was over weight so I had to take things out to put in other bags. The funniest was explaining though to the check in person at the airport wa why I had a big roll of green frog tape with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love the Escape - you will have a great cruise

Not unique to the Escape but it gets pretty windy on the sun deck on deck 17. -- I used to think only chair hogs brought those big towel clips until I realized how great they were for windy decks or identifying your chair at a beach excursion

Also a beach bag or tote -- you need it on the ship as well as for excursions

Don't forget to pack your sense of humor and patience for the little glitches that always happen in airports etc on vacation

Have a great time!

We take those compression bags. Once they're closed, you can roll them up and it pushes all the air out. Those are our laundry bags. At the end of the cruise we roll them up and use the extra space in the suitcase for souvenirs and the compressed clothes act as protection for anything breakable!

Love the Escape - you will have a great cruise

Not unique to the Escape but it gets pretty windy on the sun deck on deck 17. -- I used to think only chair hogs brought those big towel clips until I realized how great they were for windy decks or identifying your chair at a beach excursion

Also a beach bag or tote -- you need it on the ship as well as for excursions

Don't forget to pack your sense of humor and patience for the little glitches that always happen in airports etc on vacation

Have a great time!

My dd-22 loves the big towel clips and has a pair for herself. She is not a char hog and just hates when the towel gets blown off top of chair.

I pack a beach bag.

I also go to the gym every day, just like at home, and I use a small long packing cube for my head phones and gloves and downlod a couple of tv shows or movies to watch on my Kindle while running on treadmill since tvs dont always work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by js

I read an idea someone posted one time and tried it last year.

He suggested taking one (or two) of those BIG ziplock bags. We're talking the XXLarge ones, and a trial size Tide or some other clothes washing liquid.

If you need to wash a few items, put bag in shower or bathtub, add clothes, cover clothes with warm water, add detergent and zip it closed.

Tumble around a little bit, and let soak. Tumble a bit more, rinse, ring out what you can and hang to dry. We did this with T-shirts and shorts. Worked great! ;)

Enjoy the Escape! We have done two cruises on the Escape. Most recently in the Havens in May. The ports of call and the ship really don't require anything special. Sun screen. Mosquito repellent for Zika (the ship has some complimentary spray, but I would never try something like a repellent for the first time on a ship and potentially have a reaction - I would always try it at home first). The Havens is beautiful and the concierge staff will take good care of you.