Is Escape The Rubicon no longer included? Showing $9 in Cruise Planner

Yes, this was reported in other threads. Speculation is that it was done to cut down on no-shows.

Wow, I guess the RCI accountants arrived at $9 as the "show up" threshold? I would think a group of 4-5 paying $5 each would be enough motivation but RCI figures $9 is as high as they can go without going double digits on the price... :)

Will be curious if there will be a "sale" soon to cut down on the number of no-sign-ups?

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2422520

Discussed thoroughly on this thread.

Are there no-shows? Yes.

Easy solution.

Stop making it a huge secret. If you don't hear about it from friends or here on Cruise Critic, you probably don't even know that it exists.

They don't publicize it; they don't advertise it; it's not listed in the Cruise Compass. It often does not show up in the Cruise Planner.

If they made it well-known AND advertised that you can "go stand-by", it would be full every time. I guarantee it.

:rolleyes:

Having done it on the Anthem I would not pay $9 for it.

Maybe they should have a clause that states if you do not turn up after making a booking then you will be charged the $9. Seems that would be fairer.

Right now it is free on the Anthem, but they are charging a TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR no-show fee. :eek: :eek: :eek: (same for iFly)

Right now it is free on the Anthem, but they are charging a TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR no-show fee. :eek: :eek: :eek: (same for iFly)

good as they should! no different than missing anything else in life you miss it you pay for it

Edited by theboss7593

Wow, I guess the RCI accountants arrived at $9 as the "show up" threshold? I would think a group of 4-5 paying $5 each would be enough motivation but RCI figures $9 is as high as they can go without going double digits on the price... :)

Will be curious if there will be a "sale" soon to cut down on the number of no-sign-ups?

Agree, I was going to book a group of 12, but not anymore at $108 for the entire group.

And it's not like this activity requires a lot of staff resources to operate. The guests stay locked in a room for the majority of the activity.

I wonder if there's any complaints about this on their Facebook?

I did this activity on the Harmony TS. It is an excellent activity. I agree they should charge a fee for no-shows.

They do not need to advertise very much. On our TA I was in session # 76 of the cruise. I know several people that did not get to participate.

My session was at 2:30 on the day of the 3-sisters meeting. I was the only one from 14 to show up. However, 2 people that had been on a waitlist showed up and we enlisted 2 others. I think all of the others session had at least 10 people and many had 14. They are supposed to be full with 12.

If you are at all interested go ashead and do it--you will be glad you did.

I think Ovation as well.

Ovation and Anthem have the same puzzle room (Escape from the Future?) but the one on Harmony is different (Escape the Rubicon).

Charging is crazy. Having a no-show charge makes more sense. Soon they will charge for Broadway productions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was really looking forward to this and don't mind paying the $9. I just went to book it for next months sailing and my son won't be 14 til July. No where did i see an age restriction previously. Do you know how strict they are once on board? He loves puzzles has a number of different Rubin cubes and really want to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the response I received when I sent my email addressing the new charges and the general displeasure with it. I seem to have saved the day because surely this email means they will reverse the decision to charge right? hehe..

Dear Mr. Bunch:

Thank you for your email.

We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on how we can improve our guests' cruise experience. We endeavor to provide best-in-class service on every sailing. We are not able to be an industry leader without our guests' valuable feedback. Your suggestions have been shared with our operational teams for internal review. We sincerely appreciate your input, as this allows us to evaluate and make changes to how we deliver the WOW to our guests in the future.

Mr. Bunch, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Harmony of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Lisa Fieber

Royal Caribbean Customer Support