Diamonds in December

BillOh

Had to book in dec 2015 for cruise on allure or oasis in suites during june through august 2016. You received double cruise points so 4 points each night. One couple on oasis was on b5b in a js to hit pinnacle. They got their 140 points in 5 weeks. The price of suites during the summer were quiet pricey.

You meet my brother and sister in law??? Lol. She works from the ship.

I have magnets from Diamonds in December events that were in 2010 & 2012.

They actually held Diamonds in December for 4 years, 2009 through 2012. However, the first year it was limited to those Diamonds (and above) sailing on Oasis, as that was the debut year for Oasis. The next 3 years they opened it to all ships cruising in December.

This past summer if you sailed in a suite (I believe it was CL or above) on Oasis class ships you recieved double points (4 per night). The promo came out early winter.

We had already booked a CL2, and to cancel and re-book for the promotion was almost $2200 more.

We kept our original booking.

To us they were selling points.

Not worth the $$

However there were people that sailed with us that did get the promo benefits because they booked during that time.

Later

Edited by Lionesss

Ok thanks. I know about book in December and get double points or something like that. I have family who booked B2B 7 night JS and 56 points.
Your points aren't even close for the B2B even when they did have the diamonds in December promotion.:confused:

Yes, yes.... thank you... they did B2B Allure. I just confirmed 58 pts, they were in JS over the summer. My cousin even cramed into the room for the 58 pts. They are on MJ tonight and are pts chasers....
You had quoted diamonds in december, different formula, when it was around. Edited by Thetrail

It only existed for three years. (people acted like some centuries-old tradition was chopped down in its prime)

They actually held Diamonds in December for 4 years, 2009 through 2012. However, the first year it was limited to those Diamonds (and above) sailing on Oasis, as that was the debut year for Oasis. The next 3 years they opened it to all ships cruising in December.

I don't count 2009 because it was only for Oasis. ;)

You had quoted diamonds in december, different formula, when it was around.

Here is what I said

Ok thanks. I know about book in December and get double points or something like that. I have family who booked B2B 7 night JS and 56 points.

I know 3 got 56 pts each for B2B Suites on Allure/Oasis this summer.

With the way some December cruise prices are dropping, maybe RC will bring back Diamonds in December and Ellen can get to Painacle quickly!;):p

I was thinking the exact same thing. We have a CLS for the price we paid for a GS (which was a steal anyway as I booked it when bookings opened with a senior discount) on the Oasis in Dec. I'm thinking I may add another cruise for next Dec for a B2B just in case. We sailed all the Diamond in Dec years and have two big crystal diamonds for top cruisers on two of the cruises in 2011 and 2012. By 2013 or 14 too many people caught on and we sank in the rankings!! After 2013 the party was all over I think.

Edited by torpeedo

This past summer if you sailed in a suite (I believe it was CL or above) on Oasis class ships you recieved double points (4 per night). The promo came out early winter.

We had already booked a CL2, and to cancel and re-book for the promotion was almost $2200 more.

We kept our original booking.

To us they were selling points.

Not worth the $$

However there were people that sailed with us that did get the promo benefits because they booked during that time.

Later

It was any suite (junior suite and up) that qualified for the double points promo.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It was any suite (junior suite and up) that qualified for the double points promo.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you. Probably not Diamonds is December but I thought bookings in December for Summer cruises on Allure/Oasis, so 28 for 7 days and B2B 56 by my math.