Upgrades and upsell....

chemmo

If you are lucky enough to be given an upgrade is there a conversation or an email first or does your room number just change if you go to details?

I assume if you are offered an upsell they must talk to you first as you will be spending more....When would a call usually be made? Before final payment date, after final payment date?....

What influences who gets the call? Does C&A level help?

Thanks for any responses.

If you are lucky enough to be given an upgrade is there a conversation or an email first or does your room number just change if you go to details?

I assume if you are offered an upsell they must talk to you first as you will be spending more....When would a call usually be made? Before final payment date, after final payment date?....

What influences who gets the call? Does C&A level help?

Thanks for any responses.

Were received a call from Royal Caribbean Revenue outlining the complimentary upgrade offer 3 days before embarkation this past March. 1st time it's happened to us, we are diamond but unsure if that mattered.

Were received a call from Royal Caribbean Revenue outlining the complimentary upgrade offer 3 days before embarkation this past March. 1st time it's happened to us, we are diamond but unsure if that mattered.

I've never received any upgrades. So tier rank does not really matter. Hoping some day. LOL

We are on the Independence in December. Two weeks ago, I received an alert that prices had gone down. . I called RCCL and was able to upgrade to a higher suite level at no extra cost.

It pays to moniter for price drops

We are on the Independence in December. Two weeks ago, I received an alert that prices had gone down. . I called RCCL and was able to upgrade to a higher suite level at no extra cost.

It pays to moniter for price drops

Thank you, how far away from your cruise are you?

Same as poster above (IOS & Dec sailing) - called TA who called RCI and got upgraded to a OS (from GS) and $50 OBC (which is really unusual). This is the 4th consecutive cruise, after final payment, we had the price drop alert and we were able to upgrade to a higher level for either a few $ or nothing. This is the 1st time we got OBC after final payment.

We noticed about 30 days from our sail date that prices had dropped. My husband called our TA and asked how much it would be to upgrade our room from inside cabin to a ocean view. He gave him some outrageous number that was more than what we paid for our trip. We said thanks but no thanks. About 5 minutes later the travel agent calls us back, he had Royal Carribean on the line and they were offering us an ocean view for free. All we had to do was say yes.

Received two upgrades, both within a week of the cruise. No notification, just noticed our stateroom had changed on the website.

I'm surprised this is how they did it. We have an aft balcony next summer - I would not want to be moved without being contacted first. :eek:

I know you can change your preference on the website, but I assume that change would apply to all cruises....

Same as poster above (IOS & Dec sailing) - called TA who called RCI and got upgraded to a OS (from GS) and $50 OBC (which is really unusual). This is the 4th consecutive cruise, after final payment, we had the price drop alert and we were able to upgrade to a higher level for either a few $ or nothing. This is the 1st time we got OBC after final payment.

What system are you using to be notified of price alerts? Ive used couple of online travel sites but it seems like I get multiple alerts and the price is different.

I'm surprised this is how they did it. We have an aft balcony next summer - I would not want to be moved without being contacted first. :eek:

I know you can change your preference on the website, but I assume that change would apply to all cruises....

I'd change your preference on the website to "no upgrade" at least a month before your cruise and then change it back right after the cruise.

Is and AFT cabin better than midship?

Is and AFT cabin better than midship?

Personal preference. Aft staterooms usually have much larger balconies that the same category side-facing stateroom. However, it's a long walk back there and vibration can be more intense.

Personal preference. Aft staterooms usually have much larger balconies that the same category side-facing stateroom. However, it's a long walk back there and vibration can be more intense.

Thanks,

we have an AFT cabin booked just wondered if there was un upgrade if it was worth it

Received the upgrade about 5 weeks before sail date.. I use a web site that charges $1 per ship/date for the alert

Don't know whether or not I can give the site. Have used it many times

Does the site work well? can you email me the site SUZYRN89 at yahoo dot com

I'd change your preference on the website to "no upgrade" at least a month before your cruise and then change it back right after the cruise.

We love being on the aft and have marked our profile "No Upgrades". The last few cruises we have been called about paying to upgrade. Offer was not lucrative enough for us to give up the aft balcony.

Did get a free upgrade to a JS from a d3 side balcony on our second cruise....not sure how that happened. I called Royal as I thought it was an error and didn't want to pay extra. Royal said we were selected for an upgrade with no extra charges. The price difference was over $800 when I checked before calling.

That's Royal!