Just a little rant about nothing, really...

What I really value about CC is concrete, factual information and generous help people take the time to give. For example, two posters helped me sort out how to take the train from Venice to Rome and then to Civitavecchia. They told me how, where, and when in such exact detail that I couldn't go wrong, and their instructions were perfect. I've had dozens of other very kind assistance from people, and I am very grateful.

Less useful are people's opinions about food, service, decor, other passengers, and so on. We all have different tastes, and different doesn't mean wrong, - it just means different. I take these opinions with a grain of salt.

As for the Serenade, I love that ship. I'll be seeing her again in Feb, lucky me!

Getting ready to take our annual cruise in January. I am starting to think that I just need to stay off these message boards! Now' date=' I'm worried that 1. Park-N-Go in Ft Lauderdale is awful (I never got a response from the person that posted they were when I questioned their comment), 2. Embassy Suites has bedbugs, 3. the Serenade of the Seas is seemingly looking worn, right down to tattered MDR chairs, 4. the quality of MDR food fleetwide is awful, 5. even though I have the drink package--it seems I will be hard pressed to get a bartender to make me a drink, especially if I don't tip extra, 6. Diamonds and Pinnacles will look down on me because I don't share their status, 7. there won't be any freshly ground pepper on board, 8. my Balcony neighbors will smoke like a chimney with Royal refusing to do anything, 9. the previous occupant of my balcony room will have spent every night sleeping my room's mattress, which he pulled out onto the balcony nightly, and 10. (something I conveniently forgot about)--I am going to be pestered about giving all "5's" on some dumb survey that I usually don't bother with anyway! Seriously, none of these things matter to me. However, I am disappointed that these message boards have evolved into a forum for members to voice complaints and bicker amongst each other. I will continue to weed through the drama, and I will admit that it can be entertaining at times. I miss the days when these forums were packed with tour suggestions, and invitations to meet up for drinks, dinners, or tours. Rant over...[/quote']

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, that you are concerned about requires an extra ounce of worry. We used Park 'n Go for our Allure cruise last week (second time we've used them) and they were outstanding in every way. No one, and I mean no one, "looked down on us" due to our lowly Diamond level, nor did we look down on anyone who hadn't reached that level. And most importantly, there WAS ground pepper in the MDR.

All that said, your tongue-in-cheek post absolutely reflected the tone and tenor of posts on CC recently. All in all, I'd say we are a very fortunate group of people who have only these first world "problems" to be concerned about.;):) Have a great cruise. Serenade is a gorgeous ship!

Edited by KeywestK

I totally get it! I have been trying hard to ignore the posts too as I leave on Saturday and as much as I try to ignore, I get anxiety. I actually had one disappointing cruise and it took us a long time to start up again. So I start feeding into the fear that might happen again. But I get the tongue in cheek-ness of your post!

Some people take the name Cruise CRITIC too literally. ;)

One time on a cruise, one of the women had a Cruise Critic sign on her cabin door. Throughout the cruise she was getting pieces of paper attached to the sign....she was getting notes from people complaining about things on the cruise. I guess they thought that she was an "actual" cruise "Critic"! A lot of people we talk to don't even know about Cruise Critic.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You had me in pieces :D:D:D:D so funny.

Really puts it into perspective, that we bicker about freshly ground pepper. First world problems :rolleyes:

Ah Ha. I found the lost fresh pepper grinder. I only wish I had my camera to proof it. The old fashion wooden pepper grinder is alive and well at Chops Specialty Restaurant on the Liberty of the Seas.

Atlas Giovanni and the DR has the new Amazon grinders that fit in the back pockets of the servers. Makes me wonder just how sanitary they are.

Ah Ha. I found the lost fresh pepper grinder. I only wish I had my camera to proof it. The old fashion wooden pepper grinder is alive and well at Chops Specialty Restaurant on the Liberty of the Seas.

Atlas Giovanni and the DR has the new Amazon grinders that fit in the back pockets of the servers. Makes me wonder just how sanitary they are.

Ah, topic for another thread, perhaps? :D

Edited by travelgoddess1

One time on a cruise, one of the women had a Cruise Critic sign on her cabin door. Throughout the cruise she was getting pieces of paper attached to the sign....she was getting notes from people complaining about things on the cruise. I guess they thought that she was an "actual" cruise "Critic"! A lot of people we talk to don't even know about Cruise Critic.

Gwen [emoji3]

That's funny.:)

Food - The MDR food is nasty, The Windjammer Food is Nasty, Sorrento's Pizza is Nasty, Johnny Rockets is Nasty, Chops is Nasty, Giovanni's Table is Nasty, Café Promenade is Nasty! To read the reviews on CC I guess I will have to fast on my cruises because there is just nothing good to eat on a Royal Caribbean Ship!:rolleyes: