Norwegian escape balcony state room

Arwen

Hubby and I just returned a few days ago from a one week cruise on the Norwegian Escape (eastern Caribbean). This was our first cruise with NCL (and our 20th cruise). We have taken past cruises with HAL, Princess, and Celebrity.

NCL is a beautiful ship! I plan to write a quick overview and impressions, right after Thanksgiving.

Hubby and I made a stateroom tour video of our balcony stateroom #12744.

The link to the video is:

I really enjoyed your video. It should help many people who have questions about the stateroom.

My mom and sister also stayed on deck 12 in a balcony but they were on the port side and had a bed-by-balcony setup (12304).

I wrapped the video so people here could have easier access to see it...

[YOUTUBE]qOrAfg4ByyA[/YOUTUBE]

I really enjoyed your video. It should help many people who have questions about the stateroom.

My mom and sister also stayed on deck 12 in a balcony but they were on the port side and had a bed-by-balcony setup (12304).

I wrapped the video so people here could have easier access to see it...

[YOUTUBE]qOrAfg4ByyA[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you!

We just booked the balcony next door (12742) so I assume our bed will be next to the balcony. Is it difficult to get to the balcony in that configuration?

We just got back and out bed was near the balcony. It is a little tight, but I liked having the bed next to the sliding doors.

I haven't cruised (ever!) yet -- have balcony cabin 15860 booked on the Escape leaving January 7th, but I think I've figured out how to determine where your bed is located by looking at a view of the deck. If there's a "plus sign" on the diagram next to your cabin number, that means your cabin can sleep 4. Two in the bed (or beds), one on the couch, and one on a 'pull down' bed from the ceiling over the couch. If this is the case, the couch is closer to the closet, and the bed is closer to the balcony. If, however, there's a "triangle" symbol next to your cabin number, that means your cabin sleeps 3, so there's no 'pull down' bed, and the couch is located closer to the balcony doors (as, unfortunately, the case with our cabin).

If this information is incorrect, I'm sure someone who's got more (some) experience will correct me.

The above post is absolutely correct. Plus sign means 4 can be in a room with a Pullman bed and couch is by the closet and bed next to balcony. We have room 12274 on the Escape next year. I specifically requested it because I saw how tight the space between the bed and closet is in other balconies.