Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

The guy seated a couple stools down is on his phone - which to me, is like spotting a relative amongst an unfamiliar crowd.

I ask him if the wifi is killing him tonight, after my own experience of repeated connects and disconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cellular brother from another mother is on a family trip. Four brothers, and his parents.

I'll purposely steer vague in what I recollect - but as the conversation progressed, he admits it's a vacation with a purpose. A last wish, for a parent who's been diagnosed. I set my phone down, which is not a common occurrence.

We shared a moment. Not to sound too cliche, but it felt like we were meant to cross paths.

We shook hands, a pat on the back, and he left to make sure a younger brother wasn't getting in trouble.

My heart goes out to him and his brothers and I pray for a miracle for his parent. Unfortunately, I know all too well the type of vacation he is on. Thank you for sharing.

Or is it available for the lowlier room types as well? We're new to NCL and need to find all this stuff out? Doug, do you ever eat in the main dining rooms?

Your review is fantastic and you've already helped us decide what to do in NOLA pre-cruise---charbroiled oysters it is! I just hope I can get a good bowl of gumbo or etouffee to go with it!

Thank you so much for this fantastic thread. I'm loving every minute of it! We're sailing on the Dec 23 Dawn departure, staying in a 2-balcony Owner Suites on Deck 10. I'm a little worried about rough seas and wind, since we'll be right out in front, riding the waves!

Can't wait to see what's next.

We've been in those rooms. If it is windy you can just use the double length side balcony - it is hulled so a pretty good wind blocker.

My heart goes out to him and his brothers and I pray for a miracle for his parent. Unfortunately, I know all too well the type of vacation he is on. Thank you for sharing.

Doug, I echo Ricks sentiments. For whatever reason, I truly believe you are meant to meet certain people. For whatever reason you headed back out and had meaningful time with the other gentleman. I've been that guy and I've also been in your spot too.

Last might Sue was meant to meet the gummies.