King bed or leave them single?

c'mon

What's a better formation for main bed when using 2 pull down bunks for the most room. We're bunking with the kids so this a G rated vacation! Interior cabin on the Fantasy' date=' thanks![/quote']

I've not been in an interior cabin, but on the Fantasy class ships, we prefer to split the bed into 2 twins and move them to separate walls. Gives more walking/moving room in the cabin.

I've not been in an interior cabin, but on the Fantasy class ships, we prefer to split the bed into 2 twins and move them to separate walls. Gives more walking/moving room in the cabin.

We have never done this, but have read many times that this is the way to go...SPLIT them...:)

Edited by mrpayroll

We've only had one experience with this on another cruise line but there are only so many ways a cabin can be configured so I guess it would apply here. If you have a Pullman on each bulkhead than the beds on the floor need to be apart in order for you to have any floor room, so the steward can make all of the beds without being a gymnast and so the person who is sleeping against the bulkhead doesn't have to crawl across the whole bed (and the other person) to get in and out of bed.

What's a better formation for main bed when using 2 pull down bunks for the most room. We're bunking with the kids so this a G rated vacation! Interior cabin on the Fantasy' date=' thanks![/quote']

On the Fantasy class, we used to always request them made to a king at night, and returned to the two walls in the day for more floor space. In fact this was the norm without asking on the Holiday class as well.

Having more than 2, and G rated, I would probably leave them along the walls the whole cruise.

We've done both ways now and I prefer keeping them seperate. I actually requested to have a king on our last cruise in September when we did the online check in but once we boarded and went to the room they were not together yet. There was more room to move around for the 4 of us that way so we just kept them apart.

This is a quad inside with one bunk down and king bed.

P1000129_zpsncvgrn8j.jpg

This is an inside quad with beds separated:

P1000011_zps66efwiyz.jpg

This was our inside with twins on the same wall:

P1000003_zps5znvkco5.jpg

We moved my bed to the opposite wall and gave us lots of space:

P1000020_zpshm5phyiy.jpg

Not sure if the wood from the bunk would allow the one twin to be on the back wall. EM

Thanks for the pictures. Every picture I've seen is like the first one with both bunks down, just seems it would make getting in and out of the far side of the bed very difficult. I think twins under the bunks is the way to go