Anthem formal night?

ETski

Hi. Do you have any of the new menus that you can post? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll try to take some and post them. We were in American Icon last night and it seemed like the same menu that I've had on other ships.

BTW, I think the Windjammer on this ship is the best I've ever been too. Love the stir fry and grille station.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On Anthem now (12 day) and as stated the first formal night was last night. We have been dining in coastal kitchen which has been very good. I do not agree about the Windjammer - it has been extremely crowded for both breakfast and lunch and impossible to find a seat.

On Anthem now (12 day) and as stated the first formal night was last night. We have been dining in coastal kitchen which has been very good. I do not agree about the Windjammer - it has been extremely crowded for both breakfast and lunch and impossible to find a seat.

What night of the cruise was the first formal?

Is formal night observed in all 4 complimentary restaurants or just Grande? On our recent 12 day (prior to menu change), I enjoyed American Icon because it did not require the more formal dress.

Formal night would be in all the "free" restaurants that comprise the MDR function.

I'll try to take some and post them. We were in American Icon last night and it seemed like the same menu that I've had on other ships.

BTW, I think the Windjammer on this ship is the best I've ever been too. Love the stir fry and grille station.

Did dinner go smoothly in the 4 MDR restaurants? Any obvious lines for tables ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did dinner go smoothly in the 4 MDR restaurants? Any obvious lines for tables ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our reservation last night was for 7:30pm but we were there around 7:10pm and there was no line. Great service.

Maybe it depends on the time. Today we went to lunch around 1pm and found a table quickly. I must say that a lot of guests tend to linger after their meals which definitely causes issues with finding a table. And with nothing but sea days so far there will be crowds.

I'm on the Anthem now as well. I was advised we'll have 2 formal nights. Being that we have 3 at sea days on the return, the 2nd formal will be on day 9 or 10.

Yes, the days at sea that we've had, the Windjammer has been quite crowded. Especially if you're looking for a table for a full table for 4. Sharing a table, if you're a party of 2, seems readily available.

I bought the BOGO dining package which forces specialty on day 1 and 2.

...Did I pay money to miss out on lobster!?

I doubt it since the lobster typically is served only on the last formal night which should be day 11, the second to last sea day. It has been this way for all of the RCI cruises we've been on with traditional dining and sea days at the end.

Edited by robtulipe

I'm on the Anthem now as well. I was advised we'll have 2 formal nights. Being that we have 3 at sea days on the return, the 2nd formal will be on day 9 or 10.

Yes, the days at sea that we've had, the Windjammer has been quite crowded. Especially if you're looking for a table for a full table for 4. Sharing a table, if you're a party of 2, seems readily available.

I very surprised that you were told that there would be only 2 formal nights. A 12 night cruise traditionally has 3. So does a 11 and even a 10 night cruise. Who advised you of this?

Also remember that day 1 is embarkation day so day 9 is when Anthem will be in port, St. Kitts, so I highly doubt there will be a formal night that evening if there are really only two formal nights with three sea days following that port stop.

It will be on day 10 or 11 which are the first two sea days back to Bayonne and my money is on it will be the evening of day 11 or the middle sea day back. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I very surprised that you were told that there would be only 2 formal nights. A 12 night cruise traditionally has 3. So does a 11 and even a 10 night cruise. Who advised you of this?

Also remember that day 1 is embarkation day so day 9 is when Anthem will be in port, St. Kitts, so I highly doubt there will be a formal night that evening if there are really only two formal nights with three sea days following that port stop.

It will be on day 10 or 11 which are the first two sea days back to Bayonne and my money is on it will be the evening of day 11 or the middle sea day back. ;)

Upon reading the Anthem Dining FAQ's regarding the discontinuing of Dynamic Dining, I see that it specifically says that Anthem will have either one or two formal nights, depending on the length of the cruise. For the 12 nighters, I'm guessing one at the beginning and one at the end, to eliminate issues with the port days in the middle.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/Dining_FAQs_2016