Decorating your door

BeverlyS

Well we thought that congratulations were in order.

Esp for someone that is so, so judgemental.

But congratulations, Your typing with your FEET has really come along in leaps and bounds.

Next step Sell-Check.

Once again CONGRADS, on your achievement.:):):)

Sometimes it's hard to type with a hand injury.

BTW, it's congrats.

No its congrats, as you would have noticed in my post,

Congrads is ma (MY) street talk.

But who would you think I was talking about.

And what is BTW, a subway sandwich maybe, or your attempt to be funky.LOL.

BTW = By The Way

Haha, well, uh, with the dry erase board we wrote "write something" and just left it at that. So it was fun seeing it at the end of each night what people had written on it before we cleaned it off for the next day. Things like "we're from Boston!" Or things written in Portuguese signed as 'Brazil'.... Or just random "hello!" I don't know. If you don't like it, don't do it. :) Lots of 'go (team)' things too.

What a great idea with the white board! Thanks for that. It must have been loads of fun to see the different messages and responses. I love the tasteful, Christmas theme of your door. No one could be offended by that!

We will do the same thing on upcoming cruises. Did you simply attach the white board with magnets?

We will do the same thing on upcoming cruises. Did you simply attach the white board with magnets?
Yeah, it came with magnets on the back and we just used a string to attach the marker to one of the magnets.

Read enough threads on CC and you will realize this: There is always someone looking for a reason to be offended :) And if they can't find a real reason, they can always fabricate one ;)

Duh. That's why I posted a photo of it :P Some people here seem to lose their minds over the littlest things

• 7 months later...

We saw several decorated doors on the Grand Princess last October, mainly from a travel agency group (300 passengers) here in our state, and we met a large group from Hawaii and they also had door decorations.

On the Regal a few months ago we saw a smattering of decorated doors as well.

I've seen whiteboards for messages and the occasional relatively minimal decoration, usually for an event (like a wedding anniversary). It really doesn't bother me, and sometimes, it's even nice to know about (like, "Wow, 50 years, how sweet") or something. I've even used other people's as a navigation aid (oh yeah, it's down the hallway with the Halloween pumpkin on the door...). It doesn't ruin my cruise.

Having said which, some of these (like this last one) really seem to be pushing the boundaries of acceptability. Crew members need to get in and out with cleaning equipment and linens and stuff--it seems like it'd be easy to knock stuff off. I also don't feel like the door frame should naturally be included in the definition of the door, for decoration purposes.

Really enhances the cruise line decor doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Wonder what their house looks like!

Wonder how much packing space that thing took up! It was probably made by people who cite baggage limits as the reason for not packing nice clothes for formal nights. It lends a lot of credibility to that old saying, "Let them have an inch and they'll take a yard".

That decoration is why people don't like them and think it makes the ship look like crap. Sometimes less is more. I don't mind the signs wishing Happy Birthday or are just one sign or balloon. Who cares. But, let's not get obnoxious. I agree, these same people probably use that excuse. You pay how much money for a cruise and then whine about paying for the clothes to wear on it. I believe there are people that can pack in a carry on and don't wear dressy clothes and I don't care. But please don't blame it on the cost of the suitcase. That is just BS.

Last cruise, and this cruise again, I am traveling with my 9 YO autistic DGD. We are trying to get her more confident and giving her some freedom. Someone here suggested that we use car magnets to put on their door. I thought that a great idea. Not really noticeable (we barely noticed) and she could find her door in a hallway of thousands upon thousands of doors on every - single - deck :) . This year I am traveling with a 12 YO, the 9 YO and an 8 and 6 YO. I made up one for each kid that they can put on our and also their door. I made two and the second one the kids use to put by the bed they are sleeping in that night. It turned out to be a really fun idea.

This year we are going to Alaska. For the past year I have been collecting bears from yard sales. Lots and lots of bears. Black bears, brown bears, white bears, green bears, blue bears, polka dot bears. We are bringing them on the cruise. I have one that we are going to attach to the outside of the door (or at least try). If it gets stolen then so be it otherwise I hope everyone has a laugh when they walk by. The stack of bears will not be going home. The girls can pick a few but the rest are going to the kids center to be used by them how they see fit. I'm thinking if a kid gets on board and is sad or sick that a new bear might come in handy for them. Our girls can't give that much love to all those bears so I'm sure there are other kids that will.