Decided to upgrade myself

FloridaMommyof3

I had booked a Deluxe OV on my June cruise, but hearing on my last cruise how awesome it was to be on the Lido deck as well as reading about it here, I made the phone call. We know have a balcony on the lido - Cabin 10212.

I'm super excited. I cancelled Cheers as well because frankly having Cheers encourages me to drink more then I should. If I'm on the lido I can just buy a bottle and bring mixers and sip my own drinks at the pool.

It was about $500 more, which made me cringe a bit, but subtracting the $350for Cheers as well as the convenience of my kids being able to go back and forth to the pool and the ice cream without having to go up and down stairs (lol) makes me happy! As this is going to be our last cruise for a while, may as well make it a great one.

I had booked a Deluxe OV on my June cruise, but hearing on my last cruise how awesome it was to be on the Lido deck as well as reading about it here, I made the phone call. We know have a balcony on the lido - Cabin 10212.

I'm super excited. I cancelled Cheers as well because frankly having Cheers encourages me to drink more then I should. If I'm on the lido I can just buy a bottle and bring mixers and sip my own drinks at the pool.

It was about $500 more, which made me cringe a bit, but subtracting the $350for Cheers as well as the convenience of my kids being able to go back and forth to the pool and the ice cream without having to go up and down stairs (lol) makes me happy! As this is going to be our last cruise for a while, may as well make it a great one.

Congratulations on your first Lido balcony cabin! That is a very convenient location, and especially with kids. Have a great cruise and come back and tell us about it.

Great it's the best deck.

Did you upgrade using your PVP? I would like to do the same thing, but my PVP advised me against it. Instead I booked a balcony on deck 8. I sort of suspect he did not have my best interest in consideration while assisting me in my booking. Is there another way I could change my booking or does anyone know a good TA that could advise me if necessary? Thanks in advance!!!

Booked my first Lido deck cabin last year on the Breeze and have booked another one on the Vista for next year! It was great for us...esp traveling with a toddler. Quick trip out for food or something to drink, quick trip back to the cabin for a diaper change. So convenient. Before the last cruise, we would usually book on Deck 7 to be right between the Promenade and Lido. That's probably still my favorite location to be if it was just the hubby and I. But can't beat Lido with kiddos!