Cirque - Epic

Sissaaaaaa

I've done this show twice -- once in regular seats and once in premium seats. The premium seats on the FLOOR are the best option. You will not miss as much.

As mentioned above, get there early in order to get the best available seats. You also might want to try doing this at the beginning of the week since I think sometimes people are hesitant to book things earlier in the week -- the show might not be as crowded.

The show will go on all around you. When you are being seated, if you look down, you will see tape marks on the floor around the tables. These mark the area that the performers will be in, so if you have a child with you, you have to make sure they stay within the confines of the table. We saw a child interfering with the performers because they kept wanting to move around to see things better. Keep this in mind as you are being seated -- make sure your kids have the best site lines possible for the show.

As far as the food goes -- it is subjective. We enjoy the dinner shows more when we eat before or after the show. That way we can concentrate on the show and not worry about missing something while we're eating.

We sat upstairs and the view was great, you didn't miss anything. However you are not in 'the thick of it' with people swinging over your head etc. You will also not be picked to participate if you sit upstairs. So it depends which you would prefer!

As mentioned, the view from the standard seats is bad and not even worth going to sit in those.

Food was better than I expected actually. The main was some kind of steak and they obliged my fussy-ness with how it was cooked (I can't eat it half raw). It was fine but not great- we did eat again in the buffet later!

Show good. Food bad.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I loved this show probaly one of my favorite shows out of all my cruises my second would be Blue man group and both were on the Epic sailing I was on.

The food when I went was Fillet and shrimp. It was decent not great I was not impressed. But I must tell you my son has food allergies and did not want the shrimp so they made him 2 huge Fillets separate from where the other ones came from and he tore it up said it was the best he has had. I did grab a bite towards the end of his meal and it was real good.

I just got off the Epic 12/10 cruise. We had premium seats and were Haven guests. We were right up front.

I got pulled into the show , as did at least (3) other Haven folks.. so keep that in mind - if you're up close, you may be an unpaid performer. :D

We are sailing on the Epic in March and I was wondering how important it is to book this show a head of time? There will be four of us and we will need to be seated together but are in separate cabins. Also, does anyone know how this works if you want to apply one of your SD meals to this? Is there an upcharge?

We are sailing on the Epic in March and I was wondering how important it is to book this show a head of time? There will be four of us and we will need to be seated together but are in separate cabins. Also, does anyone know how this works if you want to apply one of your SD meals to this? Is there an upcharge?

Booking in advance is highly recommended. You are seated first come first serve. Show up together to be seated together. Seating is on banquets tables.

$15 upcharge for premium seats. Get the premium seats.

Enjoyed the show. As others have said, the food is just okay.

We sat in the balcony and had a great view--I wouldn't even consider getting floor seats, personally. I also don't want to be part of the show! The standard seats looked like quite a bit of the view was blocked by the overhang.

If you want to use SDP and you're booking ahead of time, it'll give you a discounted price for it. I think it was $11 or $14 when using my SDP for it.

We still had the old UDP, so the price for the Premium seating was something like $17. For that price, I thought it was great. I don't think I would have paid much more. I thought the food was fine, although I've read a lot of bad reviews about it.

We saw Cirque in Disney, and it was phenomenal. If it's anything like that, it will be well worth the cost! we booked the premium seats.

You can't compare it at all to a Cirque du Soleil production. The show on Epic is good, but it's nothing near Cirque du Soleil caliber. I've seen 6 of the Cirque du Soleil shows, including La Nouba at Disney, and they are all light years better than the unrelated Cirque on the ship. BUT the show on the ship is still good. Don't try to compare or you will be disappointed.

Edited by LrgPizza