Voyager post refurbishment

flossie009

HI Flossie

I appreciate all the info you have provided. One question I have is what time of day did you have your causal Meet and Greet? Our upcoming cruise has a very small group. We would probably have it the first sea day.

11am - bar opening time

Internet on Voyager for the whole of this cruise thus far has been significantly worse than on Mariner in October

Thanks for all this wonderful information Flossie. I have a question about smoking. Have they changed any of the policys? I'm hoping they have limited the smoking areas.

No change as far as I am aware. Connoisseurs Club is still there and smokers also have a small area on the Pool Deck

Technological troglodytes that we are, we don't own a lap-top or iPhone or any of the other gizmos which would allow us to check our email; each of us has an iMac at our desks at home, that's it. It'd be real tough for us if we had scant access to the computers on board. Not good news.

• 2 weeks later...
Our thanks as well for taking the time to post the information as we will be on in April.

The information about having to wait for a table for 2 is a little disappointing as we often dine like that. In the past we have been offered a table for four for just us. To me that is as it should be on a luxury cruise when you arrive at the dining room within 15 minutes of it opening.

We are on the cruise from Bangkok to Abu Dhabi. We are from Florida.

Elaine and Allan

I agree with Flossie, if Regent is going to be a top tier line they need to meet the needs of the cruiser. A table for two isn't that hard to do-Regent needs to know when to bend the rules. If they have tables not filled, I can't see any reason not to seat 2 people that want to eat my them self. So they have to take two place settings away-big deal.

Just realised that we have been a little remiss in not reporting on Sette Mari, the Italian themed alternative dining venue that La Veranda becomes in the evening

As reported previously the buffet area has been revamped and improved, although this is not as noticeable in the evening as only one side is used

There is new carpet, the chairs have been re-upholstered and there are new serving/clearing stations

No noticeable changes to the menu - could probably do with refreshing for regular Regent cruisers

The main issue for us, and others, in Sette Mari is the lighting. Forget having an intimate meal in an Italian Bistro; Sette Mari is like sitting in a brash Diner. There are so many non-dimmable ceiling down lighters, which bathe the venue in glaring bright white light :confused:

I am a bit surprised that the Voyager (post refurbishment) does not offer lunches in P7 and Chartreuse. Also, no one has mentioned whether there is a brunch extravaganza on Sunday (sea days). It appears that Regent is trying to make the Explorer different and "special". IMO, they succeed!

As an addition to flossie's post, we are also currently on the Voyager. We found out that the reason for the bright lighting in Sette Mari has to do with the refurbishment and the transformers they put in for the lighting. We were told that if they try to dim the lights, they begin to strobe like a disco....so their only choice is to have them turned all the way up.

Also, the pizza maker in La Veranda is broken and they can't seem to get new parts, so they are serving dim sum out of the pizza "hutch" instead.