Sorry! Another UBP question

Jetlagged787

Reading through the T & Cs for the UBP, it says that excluded are, "select Lavazza coffee beverages". Can someone enlighten me exactly what is classed as "Select" please?

My Portuguese GF drinks very small, very strong, black coffee. If you have ever asked for coffee in Portugal, you'll know what I mean. I'm a simple soul and just take it with milk or cream. Are we going to be able to have the occasional coffee on our UBP?

How about tea? I cannot find it mentioned in the T & Cs, but again seem to recall it being mentioned in another thread as excluded but cannot find that now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Specialty coffee is not included. You can get regular coffee in the buffet or at restaurants.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. What qualifies a coffee as "Special?" For me there are two types of coffee; black or white. Honestly I have not the slightest idea what the difference is between a white coffee (what I drink) and a latte or cappuccino. Told you I was simple! I would have thought that special meant it had some sort of liquor included.

You mention the buffet and restaurants so does that mean that we are not able to use Café 49 on the Spirit? We were on Celebrity Summit earlier this year and loved to sit in the café with our 'simple' coffee and a pastry. We were hoping to enjoy a similar luxury on the Spirit.

You will be able to get American style brewed coffee (cream and sugar/sweetener) available in the buffet and MDR for free... anything with espresso (cappuccino, latte, etc) would be 'special'... my guess is your gf will prefer espresso. I think you'll have to pay for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Yes, it sounds like you are talking about an espresso which is chargeable.

Tea is free. There are tea bags in the buffet and you can get it at some bars as well. It's often not great though, so consider bringing your own tea bags.

Edited by KeithJenner

Reading through the T & Cs for the UBP, it says that excluded are, "select Lavazza coffee beverages". Can someone enlighten me exactly what is classed as "Select" please? My Portuguese GF drinks very small, very strong, black coffee. If you have ever asked for coffee in Portugal, you'll know what I mean. I'm a simple soul and just take it with milk or cream. Are we going to be able to have the occasional coffee on our UBP? How about tea? I cannot find it mentioned in the T & Cs, but again seem to recall it being mentioned in another thread as excluded but cannot find that now. Thanks in advance for any help.

The UBP does not include any coffees or teas served at the ship's coffee bar. Most ships sell Tea Forte pyramid teas at $2 per bag at the coffee bar.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems bizarre that we can drink as much alcohol as we want up to $15 a drink but a $2.50 coffee is excluded. Not to worry as our maximum intake is 3 cups a day between us, so this will certainly not be spoiling the cruise.

You are right SNJcruisers, Al Bacio was a lovely experience and we even had Captain Kate drop by for a chat one day.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems bizarre that we can drink as much alcohol as we want up to $15 a drink but a $2.50 coffee is excluded. Not to worry as our maximum intake is 3 cups a day between us, so this will certainly not be spoiling the cruise. You are right SNJcruisers, Al Bacio was a lovely experience and we even had Captain Kate drop by for a chat one day.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying for a coffee if that make you happy,,, hundreds of people do it every day on the ship.

You were spoiled by the Cafe al Bacio on the Celebrity Summit since their offerings were included in their drinks package. If you wish to indulge on a NCL ship with the same items, you will have to pay for them a la carte.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We looooved the Cafe on Celebrity. Between the "free" pastries and specialty coffees, we were there several times a day.

How is the coffee in the specialty restaurants? I assume we can get coffee with our desserts if we have the beverage package?

Thanks for getting back so quickly. What qualifies a coffee as "Special?" For me there are two types of coffee; black or white. Honestly I have not the slightest idea what the difference is between a white coffee (what I drink) and a latte or cappuccino. Told you I was simple! I would have thought that special meant it had some sort of liquor included.

You mention the buffet and restaurants so does that mean that we are not able to use Café 49 on the Spirit? We were on Celebrity Summit earlier this year and loved to sit in the café with our 'simple' coffee and a pastry. We were hoping to enjoy a similar luxury on the Spirit.

I guess one of the reasons Celebrity won the Best Value in the Caribbean award is the inclusion of the Coffee Bar in the Adult Beverage package. NCL excludes the coffee bar. I wish it were included too. I also enjoyed that Princess offered a coffee bar punch card so at least one could get a discount for being a frequent user.

How is the coffee in the specialty restaurants? I assume we can get coffee with our desserts if we have the beverage package?

You can get regular coffee whether or not you have the UBP. The best of the free stuff, IMHO is the French press at Le Bistro.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I guess one of the reasons Celebrity won the Best Value in the Caribbean award is the inclusion of the Coffee Bar in the Adult Beverage package. NCL excludes the coffee bar. I wish it were included too. I also enjoyed that Princess offered a coffee bar punch card so at least one could get a discount for being a frequent user.

Not only the coffee bar...No water, no red bull, no smoothies. Pretty much all that is included is your alcoholic drinks. IMO, it is far from a "Ultimate" package :rolleyes:

I accept that coffee is excluded from the UBP in Cafe 49 on Spirit, but can we still enjoy the pastries there? Please, pretty please with a cherry on top.

You can enjoy them all you want, but they are not free (included). Sorry!

They are cheaper than Starbucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can enjoy them all you want, but they are not free (included). Sorry!

They are cheaper than Starbucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if I bring a coffee and cake from the buffet, can I sit with them in Cafe 49 or will there be a charge for sitting down? Only joking! :D