Freedom Nov 4th 2018 cabins being sold

In case anyone was planning spending time on Freedom of the Seas in early November of 2018, here is some information that I came across while trying to locate any information for my February 16th, 2018 cruise on the Serenade which is apparently now earmarked as a charter.

Freedom of the Seas 6 night western Caribbean Nov 4-10, 2018 will be an Alternative Lifestyle Cruise. The company is already taking deposits for cabins It is a full ship takeover and it is not yet posted to any theme cruise website.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

This sailing isn't on sale yet anyway as it's November 2018 so no one can have it booked via RCI yet

This is what RCI should do and get the charters worked out before putting the sailings on sale to the public

To them though it's too many $$$ to ignore

I honestly feel there should be a thread on the RC board and once anyone sees confirmation online about a charter taking place, they should post it. In many cases, it can be weeks to months after a sailing first shows up as sold out before those already-booked-via-RC passengers are "officially" notified.

I honestly feel there should be a thread on the RC board and once anyone sees confirmation online about a charter taking place, they should post it. In many cases, it can be weeks to months after a sailing first shows up as sold out before those already-booked-via-RC passengers are "officially" notified.
Agree -- although we have gotten some good OBC when RCI has booked charters.

• 3 months later...

This is interesting, thanks for posting. I hadn't seen your post earlier and booked the new Southern itinerary for the Freedom 11/4/2018 the day they opened it. The cruise is now showing sold out. I called, but they have no information. I'll have to wait and see if we get bumped!

• 2 months later...

I just booked this cruise and came across this thread and panicked.

Absolutely nothing against those wanting to book an alternative lifestyle cruise but not one I personally wanted to be part of.

From what I can tell the FOTS is all open booking and googling Freedom charter for that date I came across a website indicating this has been changed. This also makes sense because the original poster had this listed as a 6 day western and the Freedom is now 7 day southern.

Best wishes all,

Scott

-----

Freedom Bliss Cruise 2018

Previous Ship: RCCL Freedom of the Seas Bliss Cruise

New Ship: RCCL Independence of the Seas Bliss Cruise

Previous Date: November 4-10, 2018

New Date: November 11-17 2018

Does this mean that the one listed on website as a 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise is being replaced with a 6 night Western chartered cruise? I've been eyeballing the Nov 4th 7 night for a while just haven't pulled the plug. I don't want to book it then it be changed a) for western, and b) for shorter.

The charter is on Indy Nov 11-17, 2018. I tried to let people know on the Roll Call for a chartered week. I was given nothing but grief. I didn't know what I was talking about or I was lying. People were calling RCCL only to be told their sailing was still on. It took about 3 weeks to a month before they were finally told. After that reception, I haven't looked at a roll call since.

The charter is on Indy Nov 11-17, 2018. I tried to let people know on the Roll Call for a chartered week. I was given nothing but grief. I didn't know what I was talking about or I was lying. People were calling RCCL only to be told their sailing was still on. It took about 3 weeks to a month before they were finally told. After that reception, I haven't looked at a roll call since.

Its a shame when people like yourself know information and people poo poo it.

Did anyone apologize?.

Its a shame when people like yourself know information and people poo poo it.

Did anyone apologize?.

Yes they finally did. I told them I wasn't trying to be a bad guy but if it were my cruise, I would want to know. I think their anger was with their vacation plans being trashed and RCCL giving them lip service.

I don't know why they let charters book ships that are already sailing. Except they are guaranteed a certain amount and a lot of charters spend lots on board. Because of the prices of charters, I am sure they get maximum money they can out of the company. For example, a three day cruise on NCL charter next spring is $1900 for a balcony! But you are also paying for the bands' salaries (Sail Across the Sun). For that kind of money I think a B2B Alaska/Pacific NW would be a better choice.

Yes they finally did. I told them I wasn't trying to be a bad guy but if it were my cruise, I would want to know. I think their anger was with their vacation plans being trashed and RCCL giving them lip service.

I don't know why they let charters book ships that are already sailing. Except they are guaranteed a certain amount and a lot of charters spend lots on board. Because of the prices of charters, I am sure they get maximum money they can out of the company. For example, a three day cruise on NCL charter next spring is $1900 for a balcony! But you are also paying for the bands' salaries (Sail Across the Sun). For that kind of money I think a B2B Alaska/Pacific NW would be a better choice.

I'm pleased to hear at least some apologized.

It is great that you took your time to fore warn people even if they threw it back in your face.

Thanks for the heads up. I know it's possible for any cruise to become a chatter but better to know before booking. My husband and I once ended up on a Princess cruise that had a Santa and Mrs. Claus convention going on. Took us a few days to catch on to why everyone looked like the jolly old elf. We still had a great time but it was a little awkward.