No Smoking CoCo Cay

When I was a smoker I could never understand why non smokers had a issue with people smoking outside I really thought they were being petty and just uptight and mean. Fast forward 4 years of nonsmoking and now I totally get it. It really does stink if I happen to have to walk thu it I can smell it for hours it burns my eyes makes my lungs hurt if I happen to breath it in. I have no problem if you want to smoke. I just want to be able to not smoke with you. Smoking areas are a great idea thank you Royal.

I was also a good smoker when on the beach always had a baggie to put butts in and would toss them in the trash. Glad more and more people are doing this.

When I was a smoker I could never understand why non smokers had a issue with people smoking outside I really thought they were being petty and just uptight and mean. Fast forward 4 years of nonsmoking and now I totally get it. It really does stink if I happen to have to walk thu it I can smell it for hours it burns my eyes makes my lungs hurt if I happen to breath it in. I have no problem if you want to smoke. I just want to be able to not smoke with you. Smoking areas are a great idea thank you Royal.

I was also a good smoker when on the beach always had a baggie to put butts in and would toss them in the trash. Glad more and more people are doing this.

Isn't it nice to be a NON SMOKER. Congratulations

I made a similar comment--- a few months ago ( can't recall which board or forum)..... about smoking....

I had said....

""Not everyone hates smokers.. We hospice nurses love them, Job Security"

And I was torn to shreds by some readers.

Ahhh well....... to each their own.

Happy Cruising, and have a WONDERFUL 2017 !

Congrats for quitting smoking but I must say your post is over dramatic. I've found the most annoying smokers are x-smokers.

Congrats for quitting smoking but I must say your post is over dramatic. I've found the most annoying smokers are x-smokers.

Oh I agree we are the worst. I never ever thought I would be one of those people but I am. I really don't mind a quick wiff of smoke. My issue is with having to walk thu a group of people smoking it really does linger and kind of just hangs. There are times when I can be in a group of smokers and it wont brother me other times it just hangs out and its horrid. My hubby vapes and we laugh when we are on a ship he walks on the smoking side and I walk on the other side and we meet up at the end. LOL

Have not seen that at all. We were in CocoCay in Sept and there was no such thing

Really??? you are on a BEACH!!! tons of open area. I don't smoke but certainly don't think this HUGE beach should be smoke free. People need to get a life, it is a public area out in the open how much "second hand smoke" do you really think you are getting?????

We have asthma and people smoking near us on a beach is bad. It seems like we are always down wind of smokers. Yuk

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How's that any different than those who throw their bottles, cups, food trash, etc into the sand?

That's easy, clean-up. It's no different than any other trash except cigarette butts can be missed during clean-up and turn up later in your kid's sand castle.

Edited by Big_G

Rhode Island's state beaches have also gone 'No Smoking' for the same reason.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think many states are going that route. Would be nice not to see so many

gross non decomposing ciggy butts littering our beaches...and anywhere else for that matter.

Edited by island lady

That's easy, clean-up. It's no different than any other trash except cigarette butts can be missed during clean-up and turn up later in your kid's sand castle.

Trash is trash, big or little. Bottle tops and pull rings can just as easily be missed during beach clean ups.

Trash is trash, big or little. Bottle tops and pull rings can just as easily be missed during beach clean ups.

You could make that argument but weren't we talking about why smoking has been banned on beaches?