No Smoking CoCo Cay

Have not seen that at all. We were in CocoCay in Sept and there was no such thing

Really??? you are on a BEACH!!! tons of open area. I don't smoke but certainly don't think this HUGE beach should be smoke free. People need to get a life, it is a public area out in the open how much "second hand smoke" do you really think you are getting?????

Have not seen that at all. We were in CocoCay in Sept and there was no such thing

Really??? you are on a BEACH!!! tons of open area. I don't smoke but certainly don't think this HUGE beach should be smoke free. People need to get a life, it is a public area out in the open how much "second hand smoke" do you really think you are getting?????

The beach may be huge, but the lounge chairs are very close to each other.

The beach may be huge, but the lounge chairs are very close to each other.

Agree with Clarea. You can be in the biggest outdoor space in the world and still be bothered if someone is smoking 10 feet away from you.

Also, the cigarette butts on the beach never decompose and are unsightly. Nothing like digging your toes in the sand to find a tar stained cigarette filter...

I don't! I bring a plastic ashtray with me everywhere. ( I bought a case of them on Amazon) I also bring plastic bags with me to empty it into, if there is not a garbage can handy. If there is no garbage can handy. I tote the plastic bag with me, until I find one. Not all smokers are beach polluters! :)

I don't! I bring a plastic ashtray with me everywhere. ( I bought a case of them on Amazon) I also bring plastic bags with me to empty it into, if there is not a garbage can handy. If there is no garbage can handy. I tote the plastic bag with me, until I find one. Not all smokers are beach polluters! :)

Awesome!!! This makes me so happy. I live five minutes from St. Pete Beach and in elementary school we used to do beach clean ups for community service projects...the number of chigarette buts we had to pick up created a vengeance :D Happy to see there are those who care!

This is what I do too

There are beaches here in Florida that have gone non smoking. It is not the

smoke itself, but the smokers that don't care about the environment that toss

their non-decomposing ciggy butts into the sand that became the reason they

implemented this new policy.

There are signs all over the state that proclaim "Our state is not your ashtray".

Most are considerate. It is the few inconsiderate types that ruin it for all. :(

Think children playing in the sand building a sand castle with used ciggy

butts for decorations. Yuck. :(

Yeah, and I don't like it when they throw their dead cigarettes in the sand either.;)

YES!

When we were in Hawaii on Waikiki Beach, there were signs posted, no smoking on the beach.

They did have a designated smoking area to the side away from the entrances.

I was a smoker then, and the rules were really strict, very few places outside left that you could smoke.

They had smokers butt pots on the curb in areas where smoking was permitted, far away from door entrances to any building.

Just saying

Has less than nothing to do with fresh air or being downwind. It's the damn litter left behind by people who are too lazy to use an ashtray or can nausea the beach with one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Using that logic, I guess we can do away with the washrooms and all just pee in the sea! :eek: