Is there anyway to go from ES to another?

cocacola86

Some of Carnival's sister lines - HAL & Princess have started non-refundables on certain fare codes, and I don't even think you can change it at all. Now the HAL non-refundables are only offered to I think travel agents, as they don't appear on their website. They were known as "limited-clearance" rates. Princess's rates are available on their website on certain sales.

Always ALWAYS ask your TA if the rate is non-refundable. We booked a HAL cruise online and wasn't aware till we tried to cancel. Ultimately, it wasn't our online TA's fault, but HAL's and they gave us a $200 OBC if we stayed, but still -- We were not aware.

I'm avoiding non-refundables from now on unless it's a small deposit $50>. We don't book rental cars, hotels, or anything prepaid unless it's completely refundable.

I would prefer to try Celebrity or RC maybe Disney

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Disney is not affordable at all. Your comment about "I can only afford to cruise once a year". I'm guessing, but if you cruised with them, you would be able to take a cruise every three years. :rolleyes:

Hurricanes can really happen at any time but the "Hurricane Season" starts in June and ends in November.

So if you cruise at the end of October you should be ok in theory

Not sure how you got that from that. October is smack dab in the middle of Hurricane season and at high risk for changes.

Just as an FYI, when people come on other cruise lines comment it's usually about how frustrated that they are that their cruise's price dropped dramatically after final payment and they are frustrated that they can't get the price drop or OBC. That is what Early Saver's benefit is. If you like to book trips far out you get a decent rate and then can take advantage of price drops via OBC after final payment when no one else can.

What you give up for it is the ability to cancel and get a refund prior to final payment. It's all give and take like anything else. When you booked, you could have no booked early saver, that's always an option. If you have trouble making commitments far out or like to change your mind often, Early saver clearly isn't for you. It's not Carnival's fault you didn't know the terms you were booking under. And I have a feeling that when you book with RCI or NCL and your price drops dramatically after final payment you will be equally mad that you can't take advantage of the price drop, like you could have on Carnival. You can't have it both ways.

But if there's a hurricane they just move you somewhere else

Generally. If you are cruising out of Miami for western Caribbean and a hurricane is scheduled to hit there, they will move you to Eastern. If you are cruising out of Miami for Eastern Caribbean and a hurricane is scheduled to hit there , they will move you to Western. So, as long as you are open to going to completely different ports (or on a short cruise with few ports, no ports), not a big deal. Only becomes a big deal if you are cruising out of Miami and the hurricane is scheduled to hit Miami during the embarkation/debarkation period. Those have been known to leave late or return early. Almost certainly your cruise will leave and return as scheduled, just be aware that you itinerary could completely change.

I do have a better idea one which I think it might take me over Valentine's Day is either the triumph/Dream and stay for Mardi Gras I think this might be a better idea cause always wanted to do that and they've got a Mardi Gras thing onboard and it covers valentines day

I would like to the abc islands

I do have a better idea one which I think it might take me over Valentine's Day is either the triumph/Dream and stay for Mardi Gras I think this might be a better idea cause always wanted to do that and they've got a Mardi Gras thing onboard and it covers valentines day

From New Orleans you could visit the RBCs on the 7 night Dream (Roatan Belize Cozumel) or the CPs on the 5 night Triumph (Cozumel Progresso)

Exactly that's what I was thinking but heard negative things about Progresso

Negative things are posted about every cruise ship port in the world including Venice, the Greek Isles, Aruba, Bermuda, Maui, St Maarten and Juneau Alaska.

It's Spanish for Progress. Go with an open mind and as sense of adventure I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

Progreso's beaches are world class with palapa restaurants popping up everywhere. Take a taxi into Merida (Note: Vans leave approximately every 5-minutes from the town square for Merida that only cost $1 each direction.)

Also, Progreso is the jumping off point for tours to Uxmal and Chichen-Itza, two of the Yucatan's most popular Mayan ruins.

The Malecon Beach right in town is a wonderful place to spend the day if you do not want to leave Progreso and just want to enjoy the wonderful weather and ocean.

When we booked they put us under the ES and hate that your money is held

They really get you

They didn't put you under anything. You selected an ES price. Also, Carnival doesn't get you on anything. Select a different type of rate when booking a cruise.

Edited by Computer Nerd

We'll never bee in in the military and does your pvp suggest more ES over others

My PVP doesn't suggest anything. I do my research ahead of time and tell her exactly what I want to purchase. I only use a PVP because she maintains all of my information instead of me having to type it in every time I book a cruise. She's also a nice lady and we share cruising stories in between cruises.

Carnival is also the only cruise that let's you lower the cost of your cruise after booking it.

Not quite accurate. Carnival is the only cruise line that will lower your price after final payment if you booked Early Saver only. Many other lines will lower you price if it goes lower before final payment. Our Celebrity cruise fare went down 2 times before final payment and we got the lower price. It ended up the same price Carnival was charging.