Hotels near Port of Miami

watergal

We will be driving to Miami as we plan to stay for several weeks post cruise. Are there hotels CC members would recommend for a Stay and Cruise package? I know we could use the parking facilities at the Port itself however we'd like to stay overnight pre-cruise in decent accommodations but one that offers safe parking for our vehicle.

Would appreciate any/all comments.

We've never driven to Miami, but a very close friend of ours recommends:

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/miami-springs/comfort-suites-hotels/flb13?source=gyxt

The folks on Cruise Critic sister site Trip Advisor seem to love Comfort Suites also.

The Hotel is smoke free and runs a free Shuttle to the Port, so it probably tics all of your boxes.

Good Luck!

We've never driven to Miami, but a very close friend of ours recommends:

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/miami-springs/comfort-suites-hotels/flb13?source=gyxt

The folks on Cruise Critic sister site Trip Advisor seem to love Comfort Suites also.

The Hotel is smoke free and runs a free Shuttle to the Port, so it probably tics all of your boxes.

Good Luck!

Thank you JimandStan for your very prompt response. As a member of TripAdvisor also I've read some absolute horror stories re parking at the Port itself - everything from keyed cars to smashed windshields. I would assume this is peak season for the hotel industry with folks fleeing cold weather to enjoy the blessed warm sunshine so prices are high everywhere and just want decent accommodations where our car can be safely parked until our return.

I have on occasion rented a car and driven to the airport or port and dropped the car off and taken shuttle or Uber to the airport or dock. If you are gone long, cheaper than parking fees often. Avis home town (I am only 20 miles from BWI but it is much cheaper to do the "local" avis with drop off in VA at Dulles the international airport). You drive down but in rental car. All depends on demand at the time. Don't forget various discounts like AAA and AARP.

Remember in Florida that the "toll booths" don't have people and you need that sunshine pass or you will be in a world of extra cost.:D Much easier to have the rental car with the pass mounted IMHO. So when you get back from cruise you rent in Miami. Sometimes in April/May they have drive it out sales for a few dollars a day if you will drive it out of the state of Florida.

Thanks folks for your help. However, in the interim and after much research, I was able to find a Hilton hotel that offers an inclusive package that offers accommodations, parking for the duration, evening reception, hot breakfast, and transfers to and from the Port - all at a very affordable price.

Thanks folks for your help. However, in the interim and after much research, I was able to find a Hilton hotel that offers an inclusive package that offers accommodations, parking for the duration, evening reception, hot breakfast, and transfers to and from the Port - all at a very affordable price.

Which Hilton? We're also driving down for our February Marina cruise. Thanks!

Would love to give you the name of the specific Hilton but not sure it would be allowed on CC. If you have a private message area perhaps that could be an alternative.

You can name hotels, airlines, rental car companies...whatever you want. You just can't name travel agents.

Would love to give you the name of the specific Hilton but not sure it would be allowed on CC. If you have a private message area perhaps that could be an alternative.

I think that we are allowed to name the hotel. If not, please email us. ruthnlarrys at gmail dot com No spaces, and correct format. Thanks!

You can give names. We always stay the the Hilton Miami Airport, Blue Lagoon.

Also, I'm guessing weve used the port parking 50 times in the past 10 years and have never had or heard of a problem.

Edited by Oville

You cannot mention travel agents but Hotels & guides are fine

ruthnlarry - thanks to OP re allowing names of hotels, etc. it is Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon and it's at the airport. It's a 'sister' property of Embassy Suites and suggested by the res agent who was incredibly helpful and personable. Hope this helps.

You cannot mention travel agents but Hotels & guides are fine

True, with a caveat:

Hotels and/or Guide mentions are only permitted in response to a specific request from a third party for a recommendation of that type of business or Tour.

Edited by JimandStan

ruthnlarry - thanks to OP re allowing names of hotels, etc. it is Homewood Suites, Blue Lagoon and it's at the airport. It's a 'sister' property of Embassy Suites and suggested by the res agent who was incredibly helpful and personable. Hope this helps.

Thank you & Happy New Year!!!

You can give names. We always stay the the Hilton Miami Airport, Blue Lagoon.

Also, I'm guessing weve used the port parking 50 times in the past 10 years and have never had or heard of a problem.

I am sure the Hilton at the airport is O.K. for a night or 2 but the thread was started by someone who wants to spend a few weeks in Miami post cruise and I can not see how that would make any sense. Should go to Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale and find a hotel on the beach. :):)

I am sure the Hilton at the airport is O.K. for a night or 2 but the thread was started by someone who wants to spend a few weeks in Miami post cruise and I can not see how that would make any sense. Should go to Miami Beach or Ft. Lauderdale and find a hotel on the beach. :):)

The OP is staying in the same complex as the Hilton in a Homestead hotel at the Airport. I do not believe the Homestead offers a restaurant for dinner and other than the Hilton, there are no restaurants in this area. From her first post my guess is she wasn't looking for a post cruise spot but rather a hotel to head off to the port and leave a car.

Perhaps you should go back to OP's first post and reread her travel plans but I know for a fact the Homestead Blue Lagoon is indeed at the same Airport location as the Hilton. Google Map Blue Lagoon Miami Airport and you'll see the hotels.

Edited by Oville

• 6 months later...
The OP is staying in the same complex as the Hilton in a Homestead hotel at the Airport. I do not believe the Homestead offers a restaurant for dinner and other than the Hilton, there are no restaurants in this area. From her first post my guess is she wasn't looking for a post cruise spot but rather a hotel to head off to the port and leave a car.

Perhaps you should go back to OP's first post and reread her travel plans but I know for a fact the Homestead Blue Lagoon is indeed at the same Airport location as the Hilton. Google Map Blue Lagoon Miami Airport and you'll see the hotels.

We just spent 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Breakfasts were included and the location is superb. It has a Metromover station , too. Whole Foods, CVS & Walgreens are close in case you forget anything. Our taxi cost $11 to the port. If you have time in Miami, consider the Miami to the Max tour. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hilton Downtown which is on Biscayne has also Sleep, Park and Cruise offers. It depends what date you want to book. The hotel itself is nice, you can use the metro mover for free to reach Bayside Market Place.

We just spent 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. Breakfasts were included and the location is superb. It has a Metromover station , too. Whole Foods, CVS & Walgreens are close in case you forget anything. Our taxi cost $11 to the port. If you have time in Miami, consider the Miami to the Max tour. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it offer a deal on parking while you're gone on the cruise?