Anthem weather end of March

We always leave out of south Florida or Orlando, and are considering the March 26 sailing of anthem. Leaving out of New Jersey scares me weather wise. Itinerary is one day at sea, then Orlando, then coco cay, then Nassau. I know no one can dictate weather, but I'd like to hear experiences or opinions.

No one can predict the weather. :)

March is a very fickle month in the northeast. We can have early spring; we can have long winter. It can alternate back and forth every few days.

Past performance is not a predictor of future experience.

:)

No one can predict the weather. :)

March is a very fickle month in the northeast. We can have early spring; we can have long winter. It can alternate back and forth every few days.

:)

This is exactly right. No predicting Jersey weather. I've experienced tshirt and shorts days in February and snowstorms in April. Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Went on Anthem last March 27 (and going on March 26 this year). I just checked my journal and apparently it was kind of cold the first day - which surprises me because last winter was so mild. The second day was windy and cool, but not as bad as the first day, according to my notes.

Of course, no one can predict the weather, as others have already said. The best part is that winter will be over!

Susan

Just did your exact itinerary 2 weeks ago! Here was what I experienced.

Day 1 Cape Liberty FREEZING!

Day 2 Sea Warm... started off around 65 and got warmer as we went on.

Day 3 Cape Canaveral 80s

Day 4 Coco Cay 80s

Day 5 Nassau 80s

Day 6 Sea Warm... around 75-70

Day 7 Sea getting cooler... started off about 70 and by the end of the day it was about 45. This was in December so it should be warmer in March! Although nothing is fixed. Oceans can be rough as well.

We always leave out of south Florida or Orlando, and are considering the March 26 sailing of anthem. Leaving out of New Jersey scares me weather wise. Itinerary is one day at sea, then Orlando, then coco cay, then Nassau. I know no one can dictate weather, but I'd like to hear experiences or opinions.

Leaving from NJ/NY/Baltimore is definitely an adjustment. But one we think is worth it. Our first 2 cruises were out of Florida, and Our last two out of Baltimore then NY. We don't like to fly, so to us it was worth it and are trying NJ in April.

When we left on our cruise out of Baltimore to the Bahamas in April 2015, day 1 and 2 were cold. Downright cold, couldn't go outside or use our balcony. But days 3,,4,5,6 were nice and warm. Day 7 again was coat weather. I don't think we would do a bahamas or Florida trip again unless it was at least May but thats just us. Too many days cooped up or in a coat. But it depends what you like to do on the ship. If you are content to gamble, eat, see the shows, shop, etc. then you'll be fine. If you're an immediate poolside, swimsuit, margarita type person you may have a harder time. We are doing Bermuda this time like last time out of NY, because it warms up much quicker, Usually by morning of the 1st sea days its at least in the 70's when traveling to Bermuda..

Edited by jetta8300

Of course it is - how do you think weather computer models work?

That's just a disclaimer the SEC makes all fund companies put into their prospectus to avoid lawsuits. People buy funds, houses, cars and take all kinds of decisions based on past performance.

Biker, who thinks it will be about 50F on departure day for the Anthem March 26 sailing based on past performance.

Of course it is - how do you think weather computer models work?

That's just a disclaimer the SEC makes all fund companies put into their prospectus to avoid lawsuits. People buy funds, houses, cars and take all kinds of decisions based on past performance.

Biker, who thinks it will be about 50F on departure day for the Anthem March 26 sailing based on past performance.

Yes, I was aware that I was quoting a financial adage. ;) :)

And my daughter is a meteorologist, so I know better than many that there are computer models.

All of that notwithstanding, there is no way to tell dogsambam what the weather will be like on his/her cruise in March.

:p

All of that notwithstanding, there is no way to tell dogsambam what the weather will be like on his/her cruise in March.

Sure you can, and when proven wrong by the actual weather on that day, you can blame the computer models.:p

Biker, who wonders why people so quickly dismiss a 2 month weather prediction but believe a 50 year one.

Anthem was built to sail in the cold. We did a similar cruise on Quantum and it was great. The first day and last day was cool like high in 50's but you never know.

The Solarium is always wonderfully warm and the sports plex give the kids and kids at heart tons to do inside.

By lunch time on day 2 it will be warm and sunny. Think of it as a 3 or 4 season cruise.