Kids C&A Status

Debitoo

I think I've seen this question before but I couldn't find it doing a search. My daughters kids (both under 18) are Platinum and are linked to her C&A profile as a "Guest". There isn't any other info about them there except for their C&A numbers. How do we find out if their point totals are correct? Also should they be listed as "Guests"? Seems odd.....

Thanks!

I think I've seen this question before but I couldn't find it doing a search. My daughters kids (both under 18) are Platinum and are linked to her C&A profile as a "Guest". There isn't any other info about them there except for their C&A numbers. How do we find out if their point totals are correct? Also should they be listed as "Guests"? Seems odd.....

Thanks!

I believe you still cannot create C&A accounts for those under 18. If this is true, then the only way to check points and cruise history is to call C&A.

I believe you still cannot create C&A accounts for those under 18. If this is true, then the only way to check points and cruise history is to call C&A.

Thanks Bob, that's kind of what I was thinking. I just find it odd that they list them as "Guests" on her profile. I'll have my daughter call C&A to make sure their points are up-to-date.

I am curious, with all the readings about earned status, how does one obtain D or D+ without having a C&A Account?

I am curious, with all the readings about earned status, how does one obtain D or D+ without having a C&A Account?

Kids can have a C&A number, but they cannot create a C&A login on the website.

Update:

I just called C&A and the kids being listed as "Guests" is correct. When they turn 18 they will supposedly drop off of her profile. At that time they can set up their own account. He confirmed their points.

By the way, this agent I spoke to was one of the worst employees I've ever encountered on Royal. No thank you for being a Royal Caribbean C&A member; no nothing. Didn't seem to care about anything. He seemed like I was bothering him with my questions. He never even said good bye after we finished. He just hung up! No WOW for me today I guess!

Kids can have a C&A number, but they cannot create a C&A login on the website.

Yes, same here. We have a 12yo and she has her own account and points, but does not have a login to check her point total. She shows up as an additional family number on my link, but can't do anything with it. You have to call C&A to check their point totals.

Hmm, I don´t see my DD under my account although I did enroll her (as well as DH). Some time ago I did receive a notification being logged in that I can create an account for her. I did so. So my DD does have an online account but the only she can see is her cruise history and her points. She can´t access any bookings or do online check-in.

As we all have the same number of points I definitely know that our accounts are combined. My DH has more points sailed than I have. And both of us have more points sailed than DD has. So both me and DD have inherited points from my DH.

BTW it works the same with Celebrity. In summer I was on a cruise on my own and was wondering why I did not get the full amount of points for this cruise. I checked my cruise history and realized that I did inherit and old cruise point (converted into 30 new points) from my DH who was on a cruise on his own. So before my summer cruise I had 30 inherited points. Now that I have cruised I gained new points but lost the 30 inherited. Now my DH has inherited points from me.

steamboats

Hmm, I don´t see my DD under my account although I did enroll her (as well as DH). Some time ago I did receive a notification being logged in that I can create an account for her. I did so. So my DD does have an online account but the only she can see is her cruise history and her points. She can´t access any bookings or do online check-in.

As we all have the same number of points I definitely know that our accounts are combined. My DH has more points sailed than I have. And both of us have more points sailed than DD has. So both me and DD have inherited points from my DH.

BTW it works the same with Celebrity. In summer I was on a cruise on my own and was wondering why I did not get the full amount of points for this cruise. I checked my cruise history and realized that I did inherit and old cruise point (converted into 30 new points) from my DH who was on a cruise on his own. So before my summer cruise I had 30 inherited points. Now that I have cruised I gained new points but lost the 30 inherited. Now my DH has inherited points from me.

steamboats

As long as you are all linked as a family you will all show the points of the highest person. When the kids turn 18 their accounts will then show their actual sailed points with their inherited status. C&A does actually keep track of points individually it's just that you don't see them.

Doni you Know if for the kids to get parents status doni they Have to sail in the same cabin as you?

I think my girls who traveled in an adjoining cabin to us didn't get our status.

Kids that are linked to their parents get the same C&A level no matter what stateroom they are in.

If you go to your profile in your c&a account you can register your kids C&A number, etc. Go to profile and then the third choice in the column on left is crown and anchor enrollment. You register them there with their C&A numbers. I still have my kids listed there so i can find their C&A numbers for future cruises.

As for your kids status, they get points too. They get one point for every night THEY sailed and 2 points for any suite. They share your status if you have more points and a higher status. They are under 18?

Edited by dasi11

Kids that are linked to their parents get the same C&A level no matter what stateroom they are in.

Assume two parents, two children, one parent and one child have a Suite (2pts) and the other parent and child share a S Balcony. How are the points tabulated as far as the two children go???

Assume two parents, two children, one parent and one child have a Suite (2pts) and the other parent and child share a S Balcony. How are the points tabulated as far as the two children go???

We had this happen many times. The suite guests get 2 points. The Balcony guests get one point. My husband has more points than me because we got 2 rooms. One a suite and one a balcony. Since the kids are underage, they need a person over 18 or 21 depending on the rep in the room with them. Then, we let the kids have the room together. Got an extra key for each room and we did not care about the balance in the points.

Just make sure on future cruises you don't switch off who gets the suite. That way one of you moves up faster. No big deal since you share status anyway as a married couple. You can always switch off kids registered in the suite so you keep their points equal if you want...

C&A level is different than points. kids under 18 match their parents level. Once they turn 18 the level they were at stays the same until their OWN point level allows them to change C&A status.

We took a cruise 4+ years ago because we were 2 points from D+ and my son was turning 18. We cruised for 4 days and all got D+. Then he turned 18. Now his points are D+ anyway, lol.

Edited by dasi11

Just make sure that the adult with the most points continues to be booked in the suites. That way they will collect the points quicker and the other adult will always share their status.

We alternate the kids in the suites do that a they both build their actual points equally. One cruise child "a" gets double points for the suite and the next cruise child "b" gets the double points. It will only matter after 18 when they revert to their own points but keep their inherited status.

We had this happen many times. The suite guests get 2 points. The Balcony guests get one point. My husband has more points than me because we got 2 rooms. One a suite and one a balcony. Since the kids are underage, they need a person over 18 or 21 depending on the rep in the room with them. Then, we let the kids have the room together. Got an extra key for each room and we did not care about the balance in the points.

Just make sure on future cruises you don't switch off who gets the suite. That way one of you moves up faster. No big deal since you share status anyway as a married couple. You can always switch off kids registered in the suite so you keep their points equal if you want...

C&A level is different than points. kids under 18 match their parents level. Once they turn 18 the level they were at stays the same until their OWN point level allows them to change C&A status.

We took a cruise 4+ years ago because we were 2 points from D+ and my son was turning 18. We cruised for 4 days and all got D+. Then he turned 18. Now his points are D+ anyway, lol.

Good info. So when the children reach age x, do they revert to their own points or continue to assume their status from their parents??

I know it is probably easier to explain as couples being married share status, but this also applies to partners living together at same address. Marriage is not a requirement. Unfortunately, the world has changed from what it once was.

Good info. So when the children reach age x, do they revert to their own points or continue to assume their status from their parents??

I know it is probably easier to explain as couples being married share status, but this also applies to partners living together at same address. Marriage is not a requirement. Unfortunately, the world has changed from what it once was.

When they reach age 18 they convert to their own points and they retain their parents last status.

For example a child that has only sailed once on a 7 day cruise with diamond parents who had 140 points, at age 18 the child, now an adult would be a diamond member with 7 points.