Queue for two hours to board !

lovescarborough

We stood that long in semi darkness in Buenos Aires when the electricity failed. This was about four years ago. No Celebrity personnel to be found until about an hour had passed. They finally came out and passed around glasses of water. All we could do was wait for power to come back.

We are on the same cruise, Elite were combined with Concierge, Elite Plus with Aqua and Zenith with Suites. Easy for us as we're Elite Plus and in Aqua.

Arrived by taxi just before 11am it was chaotic outside but once in the terminal we were given Priority 2 card and checked in with no delay. We waited about 20 minutes before the ship was ready to board. However there were no boarding announcements and there was suddenly a mad charge to board, number was collected but not checked. Overall our boarding experience was not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My worst boarding experience was also in Buenos Aires, where there were two ships boarding at once out of the same building -- and somebody thought it would be a good idea for the queues to intersect! The signage was terrible and there was no one to direct passengers. It's a wonder people didn't get on the wrong ship. That one seemed to take a long time, too.

Buenos Aires cruise terminal is only large enough for one ship at a time. We had three and Celebrity's departure was last, so we waited a long time to be processed.

If you go out of BA, be prepared for the worst embarkation. I didn't blame Celebrity for most of the delay, it was the overcrowded terminal as the main problem.

Not sure about Abu Dhabi?

If you go out of BA, be prepared for the worst embarkation. I didn't blame Celebrity for most of the delay, it was the overcrowded terminal as the main problem.
Our disembarkation at BA was dreadful too, a chaotic mob scene with no organization whatsoever at the overcrowded cruise terminal.

We looked around for the taxi line, but there was no "line" at all, only the large crowd of people pushing and shoving that extended all the way up to the taxi sign.

As disembarking passengers we had no choice on timing.

But if I needed to embark there, I would try arriving later in the day, well after all the disembarking passengers from the previous cruise and their luggage are gone.

I also try to avoid the mob of eager beavers for the new cruise; the ones who arrive early so they can be the first ones on board, even when it means sitting or standing around for a long time waiting before they are allowed on the ship.