Departure port and itinerary changed.

NCLfamily

Wow. I mean, I can see about an itinerary being changed. That's one thing, but changing the departure port is a completely different ballgame. People who book flights and such get boned.

Yeah, the itinerary I can handle. But the departure to a different country? Come on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we feel your pain

due to hubby having to have hip surgery we are having to cancel a cruise and because we booked under UK conditions we lose deposit

I don't think a lot of US residents realise that whereas they can cancel and rebook easily with no penalty we incur financial penalties

and no those so called ABTA protection rights don't amount to much

From Rome,Italy to Barcelona, Spain. Almost completely different itinerary. What do NCL offer me? $50 OBC.

Just rebooked flights at a cost of £350/$425

Shocking that they can do this.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you but NCL normally offer to reimburse flight change costs up to £200 per person .I would phone and ask about this as it has happened to us a few times and NCL have always paid us the difference . Fingers crossed for you x

From Rome,Italy to Barcelona, Spain. Almost completely different itinerary. What do NCL offer me? $50 OBC.

Just rebooked flights at a cost of £350/$425

Shocking that they can do this.

This is crazy. I would have kept the flights and asked for a full refund so I could just get a hotel in Rome. I get that itineraries change for reasons that may be outside NCL's control, but I expect a cruise that is supposed to sail from point A to point B to do exactly that, regardless of whether all the points in between are different. Imagine if an airline said they were changing your flight leaving from Rome to one leaving from Barcelona??

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Sorry to hear this has happened to you but NCL normally offer to reimburse flight change costs up to £200 per person .I would phone and ask about this as it has happened to us a few times and NCL have always paid us the difference . Fingers crossed for you x

Hi. That's interesting. You're UK based?

op- depending on the country you booked, this may be a false statement. Also NCL will sometimes pay an airline change fee even for USA site booked passengers. Sorry about your situation and good luck.

Thanks for the info. My wife calling tomorrow. Hopefully they'll offer to compensate further. If not, I'll just go daft with the UBP [emoji5]

Sorry to hear/read about that ... NCL seemed to do that every now & then, at random, nothing intentional or personal - it's just business (hmmm, like charters are more profitable or fleet re-deployment, things like that)

Just more reasons for us to not book cruises 9, 12+ or 18+ months out when we can't price out the overall package costs, things like airfares & hotels, away from home ports - nor, incorporate into vacation plans (until we are fully early-retired) as we don't get to put our requests into HR's calendar for 2018 until next year.

Not to mention other unexpected surprises on things like azipods ... and given the dynamic geo-political global climate for safe travel ... anyone have a umbrella travel insurance plan to cover/reimburse for losses incurred when travel providers make changes & then waive the cruise contract document ... that we - apparently - digitally signed & consented to.

Or, consider doing what some of the folks did recently with the Star, cancel & take the refund offers - switch to a land-based vacation/tour. But, register one's disappointment & frustration with NCL management. Good luck & hopefully, NCL will do more - now, go tweet Andy Stuart directly :D

I'll yield time & post for the cheerleading "comrades"

The change affects the previous sailing, too, obviously, and actually a few more cruises. Looks like they originally planned to stop the staggered embarkation (Barcelona on Sunday, Rome on Wednesday) on October 8, by doing a 4-day cruise from Rome to Barcelona. Then they were supposed to do four one-way cruises back and forth each week between Barcelona and Rome (with several extra Spanish and French ports) until the TA on November 5. Now they are going to continue with the familiar staggered itinerary all the way to the end.

I wonder what happens to the people who booked the October 4-8 one-way cruise, maybe they get to stay on for 7 days all the way to back to Rome for the same price…

Kind of a mess, and not the first major change they have had to announce for the Epic's 2017 Med season. Remember this thread?

If you have travel insurance, I can't imagine them not covering this if NCL doesn't do the right thing. There is absolutely no excuse for them to not pay your airline change fees, and while I've certainly seen plenty of people come on here in this situation, that is the minimum that you should get. And frankly, a heck of a lot more OBC than $50.... Def call them back and be persistent. Not sure why people are being haters, people book international air a lot earlier than domestic air. Good luck!