Carnival Ships @ Princess Cays

CRLess

I didn't see this posted anywhere on the Princess Boards, so I thought I would pass this along....

http://carnival-news.com/2017/01/10/private-bahamian-destination-of-princess-cays-added-to-itineraries-of-six-carnival-cruise-line-ships-beginning-in-may-2017/

If you take into consideration Princess' current usage of Princess Cays....1 ship a week on average... it is a totally wasted resource. Not surprised about this announcement. I know Carnival ships often stop next door at Half Moon Cay (Holland America's Island). Truth be told, I would not be surprised if Princess Cays gets renamed in the not to distant future to be more Carnival specific.

When we were at Princess Cays in November, the locals that work on the island were lamenting that Princess had really pulled back on visits to the island. If you look at the past cruise seasons, virtually every Regal/Royal and which ever jewel class ship(s) were in the area stopped there. Currently, the Regal stops there on the Western run, and the Royal stops on most itineraries....that's it.

I guess my point is that there is an obvious conscious decision by Carnival to reduce Princess visits to the island for whatever reason. When you go from 3-4 Princess ships per week in past years, to 1 per week, it isn't by accident.

When we were at Princess Cays in November, the locals that work on the island were lamenting that Princess had really pulled back on visits to the island. If you look at the past cruise seasons, virtually every Regal/Royal and which ever jewel class ship(s) were in the area stopped there. Currently, the Regal stops there on the Western run, and the Royal stops on most itineraries....that's it.

I guess my point is that there is an obvious conscious decision by Carnival to reduce Princess visits to the island for whatever reason. When you go from 3-4 Princess ships per week in past years, to 1 per week, it isn't by accident.

Not quite. Regal calls in on both E & W voyages. CB is also working the Caribbean and has many calls there. For the near term, those are the three ships regularly working the zone. Princess used to have a 4th ship with regular runs. So they are using it, but less opportunities to call in.

Not quite. Regal calls in on both E & W voyages. CB is also working the Caribbean and has many calls there. For the near term, those are the three ships regularly working the zone. Princess used to have a 4th ship with regular runs. So they are using it, but less opportunities to call in.

We were on the Eastern Caribbean in December on the Regal. We stopped at Amber Cove instead. Didn't Carnival Corp. develop Amber Cove for their ships?

Not true. The Regal does not have any remaining stops at Princess Cays on voyages other than Western itinerary. Since Amber Cay opened, the Regal has used this port stop rather than Princess Cays on the Eastern itinerary. The Caribbean Princess has no stops at Princess Cays scheduled for the balance of the season. A quick search on the Princess website verified this.

We're on a 14 day Circle Caribbean in March of next year. No stop at PC. It will be our first Caribbean and I was a bit surprised that we won't be stopping there.

Looking forward to this cruise. It is the first one on CB to have the new medallions.

We were on the Eastern Caribbean in December on the Regal. We stopped at Amber Cove instead. Didn't Carnival Corp. develop Amber Cove for their ships?

Not true. The Regal does not have any remaining stops at Princess Cays on voyages other than Western itinerary. Since Amber Cay opened, the Regal has used this port stop rather than Princess Cays on the Eastern itinerary. The Caribbean Princess has no stops at Princess Cays scheduled for the balance of the season. A quick search on the Princess website verified this.

Correct for this season. However, for fall 2017 and winter 2018 the Regal is back at Princess Cays instead of Amber Cove.

With Carnival stopping there it might increase the number of fish swimming around. I've hear that vomit makes good chum.

Sorry. Have just read and heard so many stories of drunks puking on Carnival - something I have never seen or heard of on Princess (aside from folks who get ill from causes other than alcohol).

I'm sure the folks who work there are happy as heck. The renewed revenue will certainly be most welcome.

Oceania stops at PC as well.

Are you sure about that since Oceania is owned by NCL holding, it would be rather surprising that Carnival would give access to a competing company.

Oceania I believe stops at Great Stirrup Cay, NCL's private island.

Are you sure about that since Oceania is owned by NCL holding, it would be rather surprising that Carnival would give access to a competing company.

I know the purchase was in Sept 2014.

They still stopped there as of early 2015. I am sure now it's GSC. ;)

In my prior post I should have said stopped. :o

Princess/Carnival gave them access to PC for a year or 2 and they were a competing company then.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Oceania does stop at Great Stirrup Cay.

And why couldn't they keep the name Princess Cays when a Princess ship is there and call it Carnival Cays when a Carnival ship is there? It actually seems silly to have two different "private islands" when they each aren't used as much.

There is plenty of signage there that says "Princess Cays." Would have to change it all.