Ncl jewel secrets

themnms

Just wondering is there are any secrets or tips? We are taking her through the Panama and want to make sure we don't miss anything!!

Thanks

Watch the Panama Canal documentary produced by PBS and The American Experience. Hope that the ship has a decent lecturer on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you're a reader, get the book "The Path Between the Seas" by historian David McCullough before you go. It's nearly 700 pages long, so it is a big book, but McCollough is a great author, and reading the history of the canal made me put a future Panama Canal cruise on my bucket list.

If you're a reader, get the book "The Path Between the Seas" by historian David McCullough before you go. It's nearly 700 pages long, so it is a big book, but McCollough is a great author, and reading the history of the canal made me put a future Panama Canal cruise on my bucket list.

thanks I read it an can concur it is a great read!!

Just wondering is there are any secrets or tips? We are taking her through the Panama and want to make sure we don't miss anything!!

Thanks

The Jewel:

(1) All the way forward on Deck 11 is a small room with a window that looks into the Bridge area. The window is usually opened from 1/2 hour after sunrise to 1/2 hour before sunset. There are certain other times when the curtains are closed to, probably through the Canal.

(2) All the way forward on Deck 13 is Spinnaker Lounge- lots of windows and seats for just relaxing. It is used for lots of activities such as Bingo and all the late night dances.

(3) The staff is outstanding

The Jewel:

(1) All the way forward on Deck 11 is a small room with a window that looks into the Bridge area. The window is usually opened from 1/2 hour after sunrise to 1/2 hour before sunset. There are certain other times when the curtains are closed to, probably through the Canal.

(2) All the way forward on Deck 13 is Spinnaker Lounge- lots of windows and seats for just relaxing. It is used for lots of activities such as Bingo and all the late night dances.

There is a deck 13? hmmm.. Will be on the jewel soon, will check that out

OP: we are on the Jewel's Panama Canal cruise right before yours. (I will wave at you in San Pedro when we disembark. :) ) We've sailed on the Jewel before. You've already been told about the Bridge Viewing Room portside on Deck 11 and the Spinnaker Lounge.

One of our very favorite places on the Jewel class ships is the Great Outdoors, in the stern on Deck 12. It has its own small buffet and a bar, and is just a fabulous place to sit outside, in shade or sun. We've been known to spend hours there on sea days.

We also enjoy leisure time on the loungers on either side of Deck 13, midships. Not as zooey as around the pool deck, and again, shade or sun.

Enjoy your cruise!

The Jewel:

that's for the help!! Definitely going to check out the Spinnaker Lounge!

OP: we are on the Jewel's Panama Canal cruise right before yours. (I will wave at you in San Pedro when we disembark. :) ) We've sailed on the Jewel before. You've already been told about the Bridge Viewing Room portside on Deck 11 and the Spinnaker Lounge.

One of our very favorite places on the Jewel class ships is the Great Outdoors, in the stern on Deck 12. It has its own small buffet and a bar, and is just a fabulous place to sit outside, in shade or sun. We've been known to spend hours there on sea days.

We also enjoy leisure time on the loungers on either side of Deck 13, midships. Not as zooey as around the pool deck, and again, shade or sun.

Enjoy your cruise!

I will certainly wave back as you get off. Thanks for the tips and I hope you have a fantastic trip!!

Thanks

I almost hesitate to mention it because it seems to be such a well kept secret, but as others mentioned, THE GREAT OUTDOORS is, indeed, great. You get to it by walking all the way through the buffet (which can take awhile!)...so maybe that's why it is relatively empty. On embarkation day (over the Christmas holiday, ship was sold out), we EASILY found several open tables. They have a bar, a small, dedicated buffet and very nice views. We went there late at night (buffet is open) and at a variety of times. Breakfast was the only challenging time. For me, it's an ideal spot to sit for sailaways, because you can see both port and starboard.

Mine too. Actually, I find the buffet to be quite extensive. And with the UBP, having a bar right there is very handy. But this place is far from a secret. At times I had to go into La Cucina to find a table to eat.

An alternative place for breakfast is O'Sheehans if you don't want to deal with the buffet and don't want the long wait in the mdr. Menu is limited but the full breakfast has always been satisfying and the muffins are great. Plus the window booths are great for Sea viewing.

Edited by cruise pup

Mine too. Actually, I find the buffet to be quite extensive. And with the UBP, having a bar right there is very handy. But this place is far from a secret. At times I had to go into La Cucina to find a table to eat.

An alternative place for breakfast is O'Sheehans if you don't want to deal with the buffet and don't want the long wait in the mdr. Menu is limited but the full breakfast has always been satisfying and the muffins are great. Plus the window booths are great for Sea viewing.

Good to know!! I did not know you could get breakfast there!!

Thanks

I'm on the same cruise! Thanks for asking this question...now you and I will be "in the know" on The Jewel!lol!

elaine