Ruby Princess Specialty Lunch

Momma Rene

Is there any specialty lunch offered on the Ruby for embarkation day? We loved Alfredo's. Could not find Vines on the ship. Are all the specialty restaurants only at night?

Other than the IC/Buffet/burgers/pizza there really is no specialty lunch.

It appears that the DR lunch may have been a private function in Dec for Princess Corporate, thus a one time deal. So the DR should be open for a nice quiet lunch. That's what we do.

No Alfredo's on the Ruby.

I find it unfortunate that most ships don't have Alfredo's. The pizza is sooooooooooo much better than the stuff on Lido deck. Our next cruise is 28 days on Emerald. 28 days without any decent pizza. Sigh.....

(Such awful first world problems... :rolleyes:)

I find it unfortunate that most ships don't have Alfredo's. The pizza is sooooooooooo much better than the stuff on Lido deck. Our next cruise is 28 days on Emerald. 28 days without any decent pizza. Sigh.....

I think the opposite.

We have dined in Alfredo's a few times and I will take the deck pizza anyday over it.

Did not care for it at all. :(

Thrak -

Our next cruise will be sans Alfredo's as well. We share your misery.

But look at the positive side - perhaps a few fewer calories...

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

I think the opposite.

We have dined in Alfredo's a few times and I will take the deck pizza anyday over it.

Did not care for it at all. :(

Sorry, have to go with Thrak on the pizza comment. Alfredo's isn't the Plain-Jane type pizza like on the Lido. More of a specialty type pie. No complaints about the Lido pizza, it is really good, too. Alfredo's is just a step above. YMMV. :)

We always try to get aboard as early as possible so as to be able to eat in the MDR. Usually those lunches are the best of the cruise. Hope Princess continues them.

Edited by ar1950

Sorry, have to go with Thrak on the pizza comment. Alfredo's isn't the Plain-Jane type pizza like on the Lido. More of a specialty type pie. No complaints about the Lido pizza, it is really good, too. Alfredo's is just a step above. YMMV. :)

I figured as most like Alfredo's. I like the PJ pizza. ;)

Too much goop on the other. Ahh to each his own. :)

We will be traveling on the Ruby this summer- with a first time cruiser. While I prefer the MDR lunch I'm debating for our first time cruiser friend doing the grill or buffet so they get to see more of the ship? What say you CC? If bringing along a first time cruiser where would you take them for embarkation lunch?

We will be traveling on the Ruby this summer- with a first time cruiser. While I prefer the MDR lunch I'm debating for our first time cruiser friend doing the grill or buffet so they get to see more of the ship? What say you CC? If bringing along a first time cruiser where would you take them for embarkation lunch?

First time or seasoned cruiser with us we would always go to the MDR for embarkation lunch for a nice start to the cruise. Plus in that setting it's easier to have a conversation about the upcoming cruise, make some plans, answer questions, etc. You can always tour the ship after lunch.

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

First time or seasoned cruiser with us we would always go to the MDR for embarkation lunch for a nice start to the cruise. Plus in that setting it's easier to have a conversation about the upcoming cruise, make some plans, answer questions, etc. You can always tour the ship after lunch.

Have never done the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. We are generally traveling to the ship from a hotel near by so have a nice breakfast then once on board graze at the buffet just to see mainly I love checking out the different foods. Then unpack and ready for vacation :). In April I hope they have the MDR open as going with first timers and want them to try everything :).

Thanks to everyone on the replies! I loved Alfredos for the personal service and enjoyment of having a glass of wine with lunch. Wonderful way to start a cruise.

Anyone know if Vines is open on the Ruby? We are bringing friends who have never sailed Princess before. I would have liked to introduce them to the wonderful lunch at Alfredos but I know they love wine and a light lunch in Vines may be terrific for them.

Thanks to everyone on the replies! I loved Alfredos for the personal service and enjoyment of having a glass of wine with lunch. Wonderful way to start a cruise.

Anyone know if Vines is open on the Ruby? We are bringing friends who have never sailed Princess before. I would have liked to introduce them to the wonderful lunch at Alfredos but I know they love wine and a light lunch in Vines may be terrific for them.

Depending on your hunger level, lunch at Vines might be very light. ;) I believe they serve things like tapas with a wine or cocktail purchase. I would suggest the MDR for a more relaxed way to start your cruise on Ruby Princess.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/vines.html