Case of water, told no by CSR

Harambe

Hello!

I just booked my first cruise for my wife and I. The CSR at Celebrity that I spoke to on the phone said that the only drinks I could bring onboard with me were 2 bottles of wine. I asked if I could bring a case of water and he said no. I asked him to confirm as I've read countless threads of people bringing water and he placed me on hold, returned after a bit and confirmed -- no, they will not allow me to bring my own water onboard.

I realize that the cruise line should be the 'authority' on this information, but I'm seeing so many threads where empirical data says otherwise.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks!

My thoughts are that if you want an incorrect answer make sure to contact the CSRs on the phone. :(

I just had a phone call from a friend panicking about another bit of misinformation from a CSR (this one was even in the Captain's Club).

I feel badly for people who don't even know about Cruise Critic and just take what the phone reps tell them as fact. :(

Edited by chamima

Bring a case of water with a Celebrity luggage tag securely taped to it. Also put shipping tape around the shrink-wrapped plastic so it doesn't break open when it gets delivered to your room. Leave the case (or two!) at the pier with the rest of your tagged luggage and it will get to your cabin just fine. I do it all the time on Celebrity and HAL. Remember to tip the porter at the pier that takes all of your luggage, including the case of water. Enjoy your very cheap water!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello!

I just booked my first cruise for my wife and I. The CSR at Celebrity that I spoke to on the phone said that the only drinks I could bring onboard with me were 2 bottles of wine. I asked if I could bring a case of water and he said no. I asked him to confirm as I've read countless threads of people bringing water and he placed me on hold, returned after a bit and confirmed -- no, they will not allow me to bring my own water onboard.

I realize that the cruise line should be the 'authority' on this information, but I'm seeing so many threads where empirical data says otherwise.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks!

So the CSR with whom you spoke will not allow you to bring water onboard, but he will not be at the pier when you check in. ;)

Passengers do bring cases of water onboard, and the people who actually work at the ports and on the ships certainly do allow it. They are the ones who matter.

(Don't worry, they won't tell the CSR. :D)

Just pick up a handful of luggage tags at the pier and write your cabin number on a few of them. Then peel off the backing and stick them on all around the case of water to help hold it together.

Check it in with the porters at the pier who take the luggage, and it will be delivered to your cabin.

No need to carry it on yourself.

Edited by fleckle

On our last cruise, a two week TA, I purchased a well used small suitcase for about $4 from goodwill and packed two 12 packs of coke and bottled water, threw the bag away after the drinks were gone.

I had no problem checking it with a luggage tag and no call to the "naughty room"

I felt safer with a bag than putting a tag on the water itself