Been gone for two years, anything new I should know?

Cruizlovers

Hello my fellow Cruise Critic Cruisers, we have an out of the cruising loop for two years due to our traveling the country in our motorhome. We just booked a transatlantic sort of last-minute sailing in April on Silhouette, and was wondering if there was anything new we should know about that changed in the last two years. I think I read somewhere that there was no more formal night, any new dress code rules? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Hello my fellow Cruise Critic Cruisers, we have an out of the cruising loop for two years due to our traveling the country in our motorhome. We just booked a transatlantic sort of last-minute sailing in April on Silhouette, and was wondering if there was anything new we should know about that changed in the last two years. I think I read somewhere that there was no more formal night, any new dress code rules? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Totally different dress code, no more formal nights replaced by evening chic.

From the website:

What is the onboard dress code?

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress

• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

• Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Totally different dress code, no more formal nights replaced by evening chic.

From the website:

What is the onboard dress code?

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

• A cocktail dress

• Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater

• Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Great thank you. I'm sure some folks did not like this, but for me and my family, we welcome the change. Any other changes? Can we still bring two bottles of wine!

Great thank you. I'm sure some folks did not like this, but for me and my family, we welcome the change. Any other changes? Can we still bring two bottles of wine!

Yup, two bottles of wine per cabin. Lots of drink packages, free gratuities and other stuff. Look around.

You are right some liked it, others did not, still arguing about it.

Edited by dkjretired

If you are in AQ class, the providing of 2 daily bottles of water has been discontinued. There is now a fee for zumba classes. There is only one cabin attendant, no assistant but he has fewer cabins, of course.

Yup, two bottles of wine per cabin. Lots of drink packages, free gratuities and other stuff. Look around.

You are right some liked it, others did not, still arguing about it.

I did not think X did "free" drink packages on transatlantic cruises ? I know NCL does.

If you are in AQ class, the providing of 2 daily bottles of water has been discontinued. There is now a fee for zumba classes. There is only one cabin attendant, no assistant but he has fewer cabins, of course.

Could you elaborate on how this has had an impact on your most recent cruise?

Could you elaborate on how this has had an impact on your most recent cruise?

Our TA in Oct/Nov cabin steward was fantastic and very happy with the change.

Got the 2 bottles of water in the cabin when we boarded and if the cabin steward saw they were empty he replaced them.

Although the drink package wasn't a booking perk option about 75 days pre cruise the drink packages were offered for purchase at a 30% discount. We heard about it on our Roll Call so keep checking your Cruise Planner.

Other noteworthy change is that the internet is much improved.

Have a great time, we did

Since Jelayne has answered with different results for her situation, I will elaborate on mine. We did not get any other bottled water other than the two in the cabin upon arrival. We drank the ship's water which was OK. We have not sailed since Celebrity has changed to one cabin attendant only.

I have stopped going to zumba, as have many others, because I refuse to pay $12 + 18% tip per class.

You will notice lots of small changes. Little things like no flower from Captains Club first night, far fewer bar servers which impacts on things especially in Oceanview, more sales staff touting everything, Quite a lot of loud music even in the shops etc, you have to vacate your room at 7am last day. Currently onboard after an 18 month gap, it's all quite different- but that's just one persons view

"Subject to corkage fees" (From their website). Can someone tell us how much the corkage fee currently is??

Upcountry - There is a $25 corkage fee if opening a bottle you bring, in a restaurant or bar. If you open it in your cabin - no fee