Eurodam. SS. verses Neptune suite

Jacqueline

I am looking at options and am trying to figure out what benefit there is to the Neptune category.

We are thinking of a spring break cruise out of Ft. LAuderdale. It has been several years since we sailed HAL and I am starting from scratch with my mental database.

I don't think the Neptune lounge is a deal breaker. I am wondering more along the lines of the cabin and especially the veranda and the veranda furniture. Are they covered ?

My daughter and fiancé are traveling with us and hopefully I can. Find an inside cabin close by for them.

Thanks in advance,.

Edited by Jacqueline

I am looking at options and am trying to figure out what benefit there is to the Neptune category.

We are thinking of a spring break cruise out of Ft. LAuderdale. It has been several years since we sailed HAL and I am starting from scratch with my mental database.

I don't think the Neptune lounge is a deal breaker. I am wondering more along the lines of the cabin and especially the veranda and the veranda furniture. Are they covered ?

My daughter and fiancé are traveling with us and hopefully I can. Find an inside cabin close by for them.

Thanks in advance,.

IMO, the SS (or any Signature suite category) is a better value than the Neptune suites, as the fare is generally so much less. We normally book this category and then watch for upsells (about 2-4 weeks prior to sailing) to a Neptune for a reasonable price.

Since you are traveling with others, remember than if you do book a Neptune, they will not be able to visit the Neptune Lounge with you, nor join you for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, plus they may not be invited to a couple of VIP/Suite cocktail parties that you will be. Thus, some of the Neptune perks may be lost to you.

Since you are traveling with others, remember than if you do book a Neptune, they will not be able to visit the Neptune Lounge with you, nor join you for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill, ...
Nor benefit from priority embarkation/tendering/debarkation, nor the free laundry/pressing.

OTOH, a Neptune suite will have a much larger balcony and more seating. It will even have a table and chairs for four.

You might want to consider a SB class Neptune located on the stern. Most of the Neptunes are either aft wraps (SB) on the stern or standard SA located along the sides of deck seven. Just considering deck seven (Eurodam), the insides are also located towards the rear. You could book an aft wrap and one of those interiors but you would have a longer walk to the Neptune Lounge.

If you're thinking of this spring, you could also consider a cruise out of Tampa on Oosterdam. Oosterdam has aft wrap suites with absolutely huge balconies. Look on deck five. These are also fully covered. The other decks have smaller balconies with variations in cover.

SS is a good deal IMO as DaveOKC says.

More space and a decent price compared to the Neptunes.

Of course the Neptune Suites offer more space - easy to entertain/have company and perks but I think you can easily get 4 in an SS for drinks, etc.

I take Dave's strategy - on the ships that have SS's, I will book them, wait and see if I can get an upsell. The SS's (Signature Suites) are very nice on their own ;)

On the smaller ships, it becomes a bigger challenge - verandah or NS, no in between.

My wife and I were on the Eurodam Jan7-14 , booked a signature suite and received an updrade to a neptune suite 1 day before sailing . Extra space was really nice , huge balcony Other that that Not sure it would be worth the extra cost , we were on deck 7 close to the lounge .Did not use it a lot really. :)

Is there a general rule of thumb for he cost of an upsell to the Neptune Suite? We are going on the NA in April and I moved us from SS to a NS guarantee for $500 additional total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$500 for two is a great price (assuming it is for a 7 day). Well worth it IMO. Most SS to SA upsells seem to go for $299 to $399 pp, but of course there are alot of variables involved.

Is there a general rule of thumb for he cost of an upsell to the Neptune Suite? We are going on the NA in April and I moved us from SS to a NS guarantee for $500 additional total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you know the old price of the Neptune Suite and your SS, calculate the difference. It it is less than 50% it is a fair deal. If it is less than 30% it is a great deal.

It sounds like you got a great deal to me :). Enjoy :)

Can you tell me if there is a shower door on the separate shower in the Neptune Suite on the Eurodam?

Nope, it's the dreaded shower curtain and a very tiny shower. You will have much more room if you shower in the tub. That said, they did a very nice job with the refurb in the bathrooms. There is also an automatic LED night light in the ceiling (think full moon!).