classic drink package - What is included... Molecular bar

BuckeyeMan

I know it is for drinks up to $8 but when I look at the drink menus many do not have a price that I can see.

As an example, the drink in the molecular bar looked very good. Anyone have any ideas if drinks like Coming up Roses or Hawaiian Lava, etc would be included in the classic beverage package? Thinking of upgrading to premium if most drinks as such are not included.

The beverages covered by the packages are available on the Celebrity website or do a search here. The Molecular Bar was replaced with the World Class Bar similar to the Molecular Bar; limited drink menu, they do not serve beer. Wine or drinks not on their menu. The prices of the drinks are at the Premium package level & some exceed the premium package.

Thanks all. Sorry for the name mistake. Looks like my best option might just be to drink for a day or two and see how it works and then upgrade on the ship if needed. One can still upgrade on the ship correct? Wish I could do a single upgrade and not both in the cabin. One doesn't drink much.

I know it is for drinks up to $8 but when I look at the drink menus many do not have a price that I can see.

As an example, the drink in the molecular bar looked very good. Anyone have any ideas if drinks like Coming up Roses or Hawaiian Lava, etc would be included in the classic beverage package? Thinking of upgrading to premium if most drinks as such are not included.

Hello from a fellow Buckeye! :) I was born and raised in Warren, OH, which is in the NE corner of the state by Youngstown. I graduated from BGSU many moons ago. GO BUCKS!!!

Try this link:

http://www.thepreismans.com/silhouette_ta_16_menus.htm#elite

This couple does AMAZING reviews on their Celebrity cruises. The page you'll reach on this link has all the drink prices.

Another poster mentioned the Molecular Bar is gone--this is true. It was (sadly:() replaced by the World Class Bar. I say "sadly" because we miss the MB menu. My husband and I just cruised on the Reflection in December and we just didn't care for the WCB drink menu. But the bartenders were such great guys we went nonetheless. We signed up for a Mixology class and it was at the WCB, so we got to know one of the bartenders pretty well. Celebrity definitely puts its top notch bartenders at WCB. Niksha and Lazar were amazing.

I concur with the other poster--we ALWAYS get the Premium package. We prefer to have the freedom to enjoy whatever we want.

And here's something else: when you get the Classic you have a cap, i.e., your glass of wine is covered only up to $9. If you order an $18 glass of wine you pay...$18! Whereas with the Premium the cap is $13 for a glass of wine. If you order an $18 glass of wine you ONLY PAY THE DIFFERENCE ($5). Crazy isn't it?

I speak from experience having traveled with my parents who had the Classic. My dad ordered a high end single malt Scotch and was charged for the whole thing (it was over his Classic package cost cap). Mind you, my parents are not big drinkers at all but they like the worry-free aspect. And my mom loves the Aqua Spa smoothies and froo-froo Cafe al Bacio coffee drinks. These are totally covered with Premium.

If someone knows this policy has changed, please let me know.

Personally, and this is just me, when I'm on vacation I don't want to have to pull up the mental calculator every time I order a cocktail. Add to that, my husband and I are water-guzzling fiends. Each of us drink 4-5 large bottles of Evian every day when we sail (we go to the gym every day). Yeah, health nuts by day and martini pigs at night. Go figure. :D

Some of our bookings have included the Premium package for free when we signed up, others have included the Classic and on those occasions we upgraded to Premium without hesitation. It made sense for us. It's not necessarily about quantity but about quality and not having to stare a scary beverage tab in the face at the end of our vacation. The ability to "splurge" on a $30 flute of Champagne and only pay the difference of $17 is really nice.

Oh, and here's something else...

On Embarkation Day when a bartender sees your SeaPass card with the Classic beverage package code, he or she will try to sell you a Premium package. So maybe you could haggle with them and just get it for yourself? Just a thought.

Edited by sparkopotamus

Try this link:

This couple does AMAZING reviews on their Celebrity cruises. The page you'll reach on this link has all the drink prices.

Thank you very much for this link! I read the review they did of the Equinox TA cruise and it's fantastic!

Dan

Hello from a fellow Buckeye! :) I was born and raised in Warren, OH, which is in the NE corner of the state by Youngstown. I graduated from BGSU many moons ago. GO BUCKS!!!

Try this link:

From the other side of the state. Indiana state line but on the Ohio side. I attend all the Buckeyes games :) Go Bucks

I plan on upgrading. Just trying to plan my best path. My wife doesn't drink much so I was hoping I could upgrade my to premium and leave her's classic. I will probably try to do it on the ship either the first or second day. The price is so reasonable to upgrade to premium why not upgrade.

The WCB menu looked very good.

Thank you very much for this link! I read the review they did of the Equinox TA cruise and it's fantastic!

Dan

Yeah the Preismans rock. I would love to meet them I'm person! Their reviews are AMAZING!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the other side of the state. Indiana state line but on the Ohio side. I attend all the Buckeyes games :) Go Bucks

I plan on upgrading. Just trying to plan my best path. My wife doesn't drink much so I was hoping I could upgrade my to premium and leave her's classic. I will probably try to do it on the ship either the first or second day. The price is so reasonable to upgrade to premium why not upgrade.

The WCB menu looked very good.

The WCB menu is good but MB was better. In any event it's a great bar--=X= puts only their top notch bartenders there so you'll have a great evening. They really get to know you. Total professionals.

Try this link:

Another poster mentioned the Molecular Bar is gone--this is true. It was (sadly:() replaced by the World Class Bar. I say "sadly" because we miss the MB menu. My husband and I just cruised on the Reflection in December and we just didn't care for the WCB drink menu. But the bartenders were such great guys we went nonetheless. We signed up for a Mixology class and it was at the WCB, so we got to know one of the bartenders pretty well. Celebrity definitely puts its top notch bartenders at WCB. Niksha and Lazar were amazing.

I concur with the other poster--we ALWAYS get the Premium package. We prefer to have the freedom to enjoy whatever we want.

And here's something else: when you get the Classic you have a cap, i.e., your glass of wine is covered only up to $9. If you order an $18 glass of wine you pay...$18! Whereas with the Premium the cap is $13 for a glass of wine. If you order an $18 glass of wine you ONLY PAY THE DIFFERENCE ($5). Crazy isn't it?

I speak from experience having traveled with my parents who had the Classic. My dad ordered a high end single malt Scotch and was charged for the whole thing (it was over his Classic package cost cap). Mind you, my parents are not big drinkers at all but they like the worry-free aspect. And my mom loves the Aqua Spa smoothies and froo-froo Cafe al Bacio coffee drinks. These are totally covered with Premium.

If someone knows this policy has changed, please let me know.

Personally, and this is just me, when I'm on vacation I don't want to have to pull up the mental calculator every time I order a cocktail. Add to that, my husband and I are water-guzzling fiends. Each of us drink 4-5 large bottles of Evian every day when we sail (we go to the gym every day). Yeah, health nuts by day and martini pigs at night. Go figure. :D

Some of our bookings have included the Premium package for free when we signed up, others have included the Classic and on those occasions we upgraded to Premium without hesitation. It made sense for us. It's not necessarily about quantity but about quality and not having to stare a scary beverage tab in the face at the end of our vacation. The ability to "splurge" on a $30 flute of Champagne and only pay the difference of $17 is really nice.

But if you add $11.80 to $17 you come pretty close to the "splurge" price of $30. Granted you are probably drinking lots of other premium drinks, but it does pay to look into the cost effectiveness of these packages especially if you have to pay full price.

But if you add $11.80 to $17 you come pretty close to the "splurge" price of $30. Granted you are probably drinking lots of other premium drinks, but it does pay to look into the cost effectiveness of these packages especially if you have to pay full price.

The $11.80 is a one time per day cost of the upgrade.

The red wine my wife liked last cruise was $13.50 + 18% grat = $15.93 ea without the upgrade. Times 3 glasses at dinner alone would have been $47.79.

With the up grade they were .59 cents ea. A no brainer.

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167294&page=4

Just stumbled on this thread. It is mega-informative. Specifically look for post #552 (posted by ailetoile) who put together an incredible FAQ sheet. I've skimmed through most of the pages and learned a ton. She (ailetoile) even has a link to the Preisman's super-duper webpage in the .pdf

The beverages covered by the packages are available on the Celebrity website or do a search here. The Molecular Bar was replaced with the World Class Bar similar to the Molecular Bar; limited drink menu, they do not serve beer. Wine or drinks not on their menu. The prices of the drinks are at the Premium package level & some exceed the premium package.

On past cruises, I was able to order a screwdriver or wine at Martini Bar while DH enjoys his martinis (He gets premium/I get classic)

Since the World Class Bar doesn't serve drinks or wine, would it be acceptable for me to carry my drink from another bar there to enjoy with DH who would order one of their drinks?

On past cruises, I was able to order a screwdriver or wine at Martini Bar while DH enjoys his martinis (He gets premium/I get classic)

Since the World Class Bar doesn't serve drinks or wine, would it be acceptable for me to carry my drink from another bar there to enjoy with DH who would order one of their drinks?

We have done it on every cruise, even when it was the other name :D

Yeah, I believe on most/all cruise ships you can carry your drink around anywhere you want.

The only potential off limit locations would be near the pool or other barefoot areas for reasons of broken glass.

I could be wrong though, but that's been my experience.

Dan

Ours, too!

We go to the Martini Bar before dinner and often walk to dinner still nursing our [emoji483]

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2167294&page=4

Just stumbled on this thread. It is mega-informative. Specifically look for post #552 (posted by ailetoile) who put together an incredible FAQ sheet. I've skimmed through most of the pages and learned a ton. She (ailetoile) even has a link to the Preisman's super-duper webpage in the .pdf

Some good stuff in that link. I have read and enjoyed the information. Thanks for sharing.

Go Bucks!

I don't know if Aspen Coffee is considered a "froo froo" coffee drink, but isn't that covered under the Classic Pkg?:confused:

My understanding is that "Espresso-based" coffees are covered with Classic, as are smoothies from Aqua Spa Cafe. Oddly these are referred to by =X= as "Premium Coffees". Regular ol' drip coffee is free and available to everyone.

Coffees not included with Classic are the ones with alcohol. They are referred to as "Specialty Coffees".

If someone knows otherwise please correct me.