Celebrity Reflection January 14 to 21 2017

Bimmer09

I've crossed everything that I can in the hopes your video issues will be resolved. I'm anxious to see the subway video. As I recall Carol was quite adept the last time you did them. She was Speedy Gonzalez on that machine.

Looking forward to another Norris epic !!!

I am also working on photos of last year's trip to Italy, in Lightroom . Finding it challenging as I'm no expert either !

Going to sit on a lounge chair & cruise along with Carol & yourself .

Cheers

Beth

If this works then it's all thanks to Carol as she helped me though a very frustrating couple of days trying all sorts of working around the fact that Youtube stalls out uploading from iMovie....

LET THERE BE CRAB! (THE MOVIE)

[YOUTUBE]AmdtGpMrX8c[/YOUTUBE]

I daren't look so I am covering my eyes so let me know if you see anything...

We had to offload the files to a Passport storage unit then Carol had to upload them to Youtube on her laptop to a Youtube channel she created and send me the link in an e mail. We had success 5 hours ago after midnight.

So now I can proceed.

Thanks for your patience-and for those of you sailing on Feb 4th we'll be on the ship later today after I get home from work.

Norris

I awoke without an alarm at 4.30 a.m, having gone to bed at 8p.m on our first day of our vacation.

Before 5 a.m I was out in the pitch dark of South Beach scouting for coffee as I recalled a Starbucks a few blocks away during my pre-dinner walk.

There were people in the streets but they seemed to be the opposite of people who went to bed early but rather were towards the end of their evening.

As I walked I took a few photo opportunities while keeping my eyes peeled for potential muggers/camera snatchers.

31581943464_930a014ee8_b.jpg

31581951794_a58bf0c879_b.jpg

32304208671_6faf198fca_b.jpg

32425221535_8c60815fef_b.jpg

I found the Starbucks around 5.40. The staff were inside prepping for business but the sign on the door said I was 20 minutes early. It began to softly drizzle so I stayed put as their building has a patio raised off the street and I was covered by it's roof.

10 feet away a young man was settling down on the concrete in his sleeping bag, his rolling suitcase nearby. 5 Feet away but inside the lobby of one of the businesses sharing the building was a young man who dreamed of one day having a sleeping bag, fast asleep on the floor.

I was the first customer at 6 a.m and enjoyed my simple cup of Pike's Blend and waited until the drizzle stopped before walking back to the hotel. I didn't go in as Carol would still be asleep so sat on a wall down by the beach entrance and took some more pics. I knew the dawn would come around 6.50 and stayed at my post.

Norris

Well done Norris, you are a very patient man to keep plugging away until you got it to work. Enjoyed the video and also delighted to hear that you have retained your lovely Northern Irish accent :)

Thanks Eloise, but without Carol's analytic mind (Analysis is what she does) I was prepared to just go ahead without video and it pained me as I got some good stuff, including stage shows and sailaways on video. I also messed with the staff in Murano while keeping a straight face and even I laughed when I saw the playback and I don't usually laugh at my own schtick.

So, although I will have to work in a labyrinthine way to show the videos I at least can.

Thanks to Carol.

Thanks for the comment and for recognizing the accent!

I can say that without the video it would still be a review worth tuning in for as I have plenty of photos to help the narrative but now there's icing on the cake!

Norris the relieved.

I've crossed everything that I can in the hopes your video issues will be resolved. I'm anxious to see the subway video. As I recall Carol was quite adept the last time you did them. She was Speedy Gonzalez on that machine.

Barky, welcome! I will upload the Segway video when I get home at 6 p.m Central time. Carol is indeed adept and likes to Segway-you'll see us on Segways again in Cozumel. Both Segway rides were her idea.

Norris

Following along. We leave on the Reflection for our first ever cruise February 4th. I really enjoy your writing style. I can't wait to see some pictures of the ship! :)

Your wait will soon be over-sometime this evening.

Thanks for joining us here and congrats on having the good sense to book passage on this ship!

Norris

Driver Rescued After Car Goes Into Biscayne Bay Wednesday Morning

4ae93502-c267-4bae-b669-28d2a2180506_zpsuvvwe3ph.jpg

Miami Fire Rescue

A driver had quite an adventure Wednesday morning when their car went into Biscayne Bay.

Miami Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene near the north side of the Rickenbacker Causeway before the William Powell Bridge before 8 a.m.

The driver of the BMW was unhurt in the incident, but could not tell officials how his car went into the water.

Published at 11:11 AM EST on Jan 25, 2017 | Updated at 11:50 AM EST on Jan 25, 2017

Source: Driver Rescued After Car Goes Into Biscayne Bay Wednesday Morning | NBC 6 South Florida http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Driver-Rescued-After-Car-Goes-Into-Biscayne-Bay-Wednesday-Morning-411765315.html#ixzz4WsA1HxVp

Follow us: @nbcmiami on Twitter | NBCMiami on Facebook

We heard that there was a bimmer in Biscayne Bay recently , are you OK ? :) :D

I'm alone down by the beach in the dark.

31613567473_b4d2ef783e_b.jpg

I am loving how this camera sees in the dark. ISO at 12,800 for camera buffs.

31613574653_a18649fdb9_b.jpg

I am liking the warm breeze off the sea and the waves rushing ashore so am happy to sit and wait for the sun.

31613553073_520882b51f_b.jpg

And my reward

32385426416_2ceba587e9_b.jpg

32425240235_808e804ab6_b.jpg

Well of course it began to rain on me so I only had time for one more pic before retreating to the hotel to dry the cameras off.

32274119902_251cd90e77_b.jpg

Back to the room to pack my luggage and pack the faulty camera for shipment.

It was 7 a.m and in 3 hours or so we would be heading to the Port of Miami....

Norris

Norris,

Next time into Miami, take a look at Casa Blanca, IMHO, Carol, as we were, would be in Stone heaven! They have a great patio that overlooks the Miami River, and locals stop for dock side pick up!

Plus all you want half shell with a drink!:eek:

IMG_0182.jpg.aca1e46b2df8992d74da900fe1d39cb5.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg.ad0727d1954c1e64e84e50611a80da59.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg.0ba2df38c971460bead6d1600fb47592.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg.f5556a308e74a2471e0bdf8777254267.jpg

I'm alone down by the beach in the dark.

31613567473_b4d2ef783e_b.jpg

I am loving how this camera sees in the dark. ISO at 12,800 for camera buffs.

31613574653_a18649fdb9_b.jpg

Norris[/size]

Good Day Sunshine ........The Beatles Do I see pillow mints in my future? Heck I'll just take the rum

So here was our itinerary ......

More to follow....

Norris[/size]

Norris,

I have only read the first post of this review and you already have me hooked. I love what you have done to show the itinerary with the use of photos. So much so that I am going to steal that idea for my forth coming March Equinox Trip Report.

I know it was this time last year that you sailed on your first Celebrity Sailing. I know that because I was sitting at home recovering from Triple By-pass open heart surgery. Your 2016 dates were the same period I was in the Hospital. I was so jealous of anybody cruising that period last year that I could not even visit cruise critic. That period is behind me and looking forward to your review.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

This is my first "Norris" review and I'm hooked! Thanks for taking the time to post and include all of the terrific photos as well. We visited Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach for lunch before our Reflection cruise in 2015. We have visited the Joe's at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas which is actually owned by the Lettuce Entertain You Group in Chicago and have enjoyed the stone crabs there many times. We discovered a hidden gem for anyone who is budget minded and still wants the Joe's Stone Crab dining experience in Miami Beach. They offer a half fried chicken dinner on both the lunch and dinner menus for $6.95! It is the best fried chicken we have ever eaten. Still plenty of $'s left for a stone crab appetizer if desired. Thanks again for posting.

We had time (and a need) for breakfast before heading off to the Port of Miami and using her phone and Yelp, Carol found a place with outdoor dining just a couple of blocks away. It was called The Social Club in the Beachcomber Hotel and we were immediately sat at a small (too small) table for two in the shade on a lovely bright warm morning.

Carol ordered Cuban Cafe con Leche and I had regular man coffee and a glass of iced water. Her ginger-carrot juice, the Rise and Shine was way more colorful and refreshing.

31691465714_dda8eeed9f_b.jpg

We pretty much had the same breakfast dish of ....well just look at the plate- there is nothing exotic about it but it's a belly filler and would tide us over until lunch in Luminae.

32412570841_5f188d5af5_b.jpg

The view from my chair

32156056000_b49d019a7c_b.jpg

A good enough repast to stay the hunger pangs and get us quickly back on the road to....well the ship. The bill including tip was $70.

We stopped into a Hotel called the National and I am kicking myself for not having the bag of cameras-the above photos were iPhone as the others were charging in the Ritz. Next time in Miami I am in the National lobby and eating breakfast-the outdoor patio overlooks the longest swimming pool in Miami.

Back in the Ritz and that stunning lobby

32047191550_ed40975713_b.jpg

The gorgeous bar

32425272125_833cd5df9b_b.jpg

There's a little area for kids with crayons to pass the time, so cute!

32425265285_83c38b0942_b.jpg

Next... I get excited, even though I am not excitable by nature. I don't think I've ever uttered the words "woo-hoo!" or "yee Haw". I'm British, remember?

Norris

Hey, Norris, very happy to see another review from you. Best wishes for success with your tech problems. Meanwhile, I'm waiting with bated breath for the next installment...

Cheers from the Aussie contingent.

Susie-ALL AUSSIES welcome. I shared a house with some (and some Kiwi's) back in London in the 70's. Never met one who (a) I didn't instantly like and (b) who didn't have a drink in their hand.

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy reading what's to come as much as I am looking forward to writing about it.

Norris

Norris,

I have only read the first post of this review and you already have me hooked. I love what you have done to show the itinerary with the use of photos. So much so that I am going to steal that idea for my forth coming March Equinox Trip Report.

I know it was this time last year that you sailed on your first Celebrity Sailing. I know that because I was sitting at home recovering from Triple By-pass open heart surgery. Your 2016 dates were the same period I was in the Hospital. I was so jealous of anybody cruising that period last year that I could not even visit cruise critic. That period is behind me and looking forward to your review.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

My dear Kevin, sorry to hear about that surgery and hope you are mended and the future looks bright. Did you read my Silhouette review in hospital? I think I gave you a mention in it when talking about the good photographers I like on CC. Scubacruiser2X (Joe) was another, Little Miss Magic, Gambee, Lou the Glue and Oliver (Miaminice) also make me try harder. I sat Carol down to read your Silhouette review before we sailed her and that review convinced me to get a Go Pro Hero 3.

So I am thrilled that you are well and are reading this. I am so excited by the photos I have waiting to be worked on in Lightroom-they are all RAW so need tweaking but I am never going back to jpegs.

Feel free to use my "Story Board" technique in your review. I have told my lawyers to "Stand Down". LOL!

Best wishes,

Norris

Driver Rescued After Car Goes Into Biscayne Bay Wednesday Morning

4ae93502-c267-4bae-b669-28d2a2180506_zpsuvvwe3ph.jpg

Miami Fire Rescue

A driver had quite an adventure Wednesday morning when their car went into Biscayne Bay.

Miami Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene near the north side of the Rickenbacker Causeway before the William Powell Bridge before 8 a.m.

The driver of the BMW was unhurt in the incident, but could not tell officials how his car went into the water.

Published at 11:11 AM EST on Jan 25, 2017 | Updated at 11:50 AM EST on Jan 25, 2017

Source: Driver Rescued After Car Goes Into Biscayne Bay Wednesday Morning | NBC 6 South Florida http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Driver-Rescued-After-Car-Goes-Into-Biscayne-Bay-Wednesday-Morning-411765315.html#ixzz4WsA1HxVp

Follow us: @nbcmiami on Twitter | NBCMiami on Facebook

We heard that there was a bimmer in Biscayne Bay recently , are you OK ? :) :D

Joe, so good to see you here!

No it wasn't me and for two reasons;

1 I would never drive a black BMW (see below)

30130083423_cf3a5f6fff_b.jpg

(the one on the right is my favorite car ever and is 13 years young!)

2 My car has a steering wheel and brakes, which apparently this guy's lacked.

Cheers!

Norris