Beer Bottle Question - Screwed or Not?

Hi guys,

I haven’t cruised for a while and have a trivial question about beer bottles served on ship. If I remember correctly, bartenders are not allowed to serve unopened bottles. I’d like to take a couple/few bottles back to my room without having to pay room service prices (I have a beverage package). Do the bottles (glass & aluminum) have screw or pop-off caps? I’d like to bring my own screw-caps or bottle-stoppers to temporarily seal the containers for in-room consumption. I don’t think I’d be scamming RCI since I bought the drink plan. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I haven’t cruised for a while and have a trivial question about beer bottles served on ship. If I remember correctly, bartenders are not allowed to serve unopened bottles. I’d like to take a couple/few bottles back to my room without having to pay room service prices (I have a beverage package). Do the bottles (glass & aluminum) have screw or pop-off caps? I’d like to bring my own screw-caps or bottle-stoppers to temporarily seal the containers for in-room consumption. I don’t think I’d be scamming RCI since I bought the drink plan. Any thoughts?

Thanks

If you order domestic beers they are twist off, imports need an opener.

Hi guys,

Thanks

If you tip well, you may be able to take an unopened back to your cabin, maybe even two. We have been having our Mini Bar stocked with a 12 pack on our cruises.

Edited by troykahack

All I've had to do is ask. You're ordering and asking that before tipping normally happens, after all.

Sometimes I tip extra when getting booze or espresso, sometimes I don't. I'm always sweet and polite and I smile, and I get perfect service from the bartenders always.

Our first time on freedom we asked for a certain combo on our first night at the pub, then went back the last night and the bartender remembered that combo. And I promise we aren't huge tippers. Their service is just that good.

Now maybe if we were big tippers they would have grabbed that combo the moment they saw us and had it waiting. I'm glad they didn't, and that they waited and asked IF that's what we wanted. Because I am fickle and have broad tastes and do NOT always want the same thing. So I don't want that level of service anyway. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ask, most bartenders will let you take then without opening them. We always like to have some in our cabin for when we are getting ready for dinner and things. Bring a bottle opener or ask your cabin steward to borrow one. It can be an adventure finding a drawer pull or something to open it with. :) We always store the drinks in the refrigerator on a shelf to make room.

Like you, I enjoy having the convenience of a few beers in my cabin fridge before bedtime! (no judging here!) I have found on NCL, at least, we could bring back 2-3 or even a bucket with a few more for bedtime consumption. We enjoy the bartenders hard work and reward them with plenty of patience when it's busy and good tips overall but generally they are wanting to make us all happy on "their" boats! As long as you are not loud, obnoxious or causing problems, they will do what they can to keep the party happy! They have rules in place to protect the ship, other cruisers and themselves, just in case though! One ship a bartender said NO to a bucket because I had their UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package) but I wanted to sit and not have to keep getting up! Another bartender at a bar further from the pool said YES to the request. So you never know who holds on to what rules. I always end up with 4-5 beers in my fridge on the last night that makes for a rough disembarkation morning!! Good sailing and good dreams at night!! Cheers!!

If you look in the cabin bathroom on rccl ships bottle opener on the wall somewheres

Cool, I do not recall ever seeing one.:cool:

Like Cruising Nancy said, it is up to the bartender, but you learn real quick to stay away from the ones that won't give you an un-open bottle and to tip well the ones that are more interested in serving you.