Can someone clarify beverage policy?

squierjosh

Reading this page (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy), it says you can bring in pop (soda) as long as it's in your carry-on luggage? So you can't put it in your suitcase and check it in? It seems to me the last Carnival cruise I went on (7 years ago) we had it in our suitcase. Can any recent travelers confirm what is acceptable? It's kind of hard to fit 12 cans into a backpack!

Good to know. Good thing we have a couple days in Old San Juan before getting on the ship. So we can rearrange a few things and leave room for the pop in the backpacks.

You have to carry it aboard with you. They now screen the beverages brought on board. I have had them cut open my 12 pack of soda to check to contraband.

You are not allowed to check it with the porters.

Good to know. Good thing we have a couple days in Old San Juan before getting on the ship. So we can rearrange a few things and leave room for the pop in the backpacks.

San Juan is easy as you can come and go as much as you want. Just be back before sail away.

If you want drop off luggage and then head over to CVS, very convenient if taking Soda or Liquor on in SJ.

I understand that each person can bring 12 cans of soda and one bottle of wine when you board the ship. My question is, can you buy liquor at one of your ports of call and bring it back on board to take home with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand that each person can bring 12 cans of soda and one bottle of wine when you board the ship. My question is, can you buy liquor at one of your ports of call and bring it back on board to take home with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you can bring it back onboard, but they will take it and store until the morning you leave the ship. There are also limits to how much you can bring back without paying duty. I've always brought back more than the allowed, but have never been made to pay duty even though I claimed it on my form. YMMV

To clarify -

If I wanted to buy a bottle of vodka for my room, it needs to be pre purchased. I can not buy it in San Juan and carry it on? If I buy it on the ship, the bottle is kept until the end of the cruise?

Thanks.

To clarify -

If I wanted to buy a bottle of vodka for my room, it needs to be pre purchased. I can not buy it in San Juan and carry it on? If I buy it on the ship, the bottle is kept until the end of the cruise?

Thanks.

Correct. All liquor is collected in ports and held until debark am.

Sorry, one more question.

If I carry one bottle of wine on the ship in San Juan, will that be confiscated or can I keep it in my room? What about corkage fee? Does that only apply to bottles brough to the main dining room?

Sorry, one more question.

If I carry one bottle of wine on the ship in San Juan, will that be confiscated or can I keep it in my room? What about corkage fee? Does that only apply to bottles brough to the main dining room?

I'm assuming San Juan is your embarkation port right? If so, yes you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person on board at embarkation. You can indeed bring it to your room. Corkage is only charged when you bring the bottle to the MDR or Steakhouse. When I first started cruising, the MDR usually "forgot" to charge it and waiter got better tip...but as of late, they have been quite consistent with charging corkage, at least over the last 3-4 years. You always have an option to bring a glass with you to dinner.

I'm assuming San Juan is your embarkation port right? If so, yes you can bring 1 bottle of wine per person on board at embarkation. You can indeed bring it to your room. Corkage is only charged when you bring the bottle to the MDR or Steakhouse. When I first started cruising, the MDR usually "forgot" to charge it and waiter got better tip...but as of late, they have been quite consistent with charging corkage, at least over the last 3-4 years. You always have an option to bring a glass with you to dinner.

Yes, leaving from SJ. Thank you so much.