Cruise cards or cruise bands

beezercatz

Looking forward to the change. The current schedule for the Medallion rollout is:

REGAL PRINCESS®

Starting November 13, 2017

ROYAL PRINCESS®

Starting January 19, 2018

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS®

Starting March 18, 2018

Does Princess still use cruise cards or have they adapted to the newer cruise bands? We are leaving on the Ruby 1/28/17 and it's been a couple years since I cruised on Princess. Just wondering if I need to bring a lanyard :D

Regular cards.

We always use a lanyard but hook it through a belt loop and put it in the closest pocket.

Will Majestic have them on from the getgo?

Princess hasn't said anything about that so nobody outside of Princess can answer that question. One would think it would be done before the ship sails but the only info that has been provided is what I posted above. 3 ships to start - Regal, Royal, and Caribbean.

I hope I can opt out because I really am offended by big brother watching me.

It isn't big brother. More like a friendly uncle.

You can opt out of most (but not all) of the services. From what I've read, you can basically turn off everything except: staff will know who you are when you board/disembark/attend muster drill, open your door.

I like the idea that the ship personnel can find you if you "forget" to leave the ship at the end of the cruise. Been there/done that...on several B2Bs there have been some passengers who "forgot" to leave and kept everyone waiting for the reboard. :(

It isn't big brother. More like a friendly uncle.

You can opt out of most (but not all) of the services. From what I've read, you can basically turn off everything except: staff will know who you are when you board/disembark/attend muster drill, open your door.

I like the idea that the ship personnel can find you if you "forget" to leave the ship at the end of the cruise. Been there/done that...on several B2Bs there have been some passengers who "forgot" to leave and kept everyone waiting for the reboard. :(

I want my good ole cruise card to put in my scrap book which clearly states the ship name, date dining table and time. I want a receipt when I make a purchase and I don't want my name or information available to be "read" by all staff as I sit around in the Piazza. Cruising is becoming impersonal , smaller lines are in my future.

Edited by cruzsnooze