AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

10 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I tried three times with three different credit card to check out with my cards on the AARP website and gave up.

What is the problem?  First thought I have is the AARP account in the same name as the credit card?  Not sure if it makes a difference, just trying to brain storm for you.  

3 minutes ago, tw67 said:

What is the problem?  First thought I have is the AARP account in the same name as the credit card?  Not sure if it makes a difference, just trying to brain storm for you.  

It didn't work with my husband's cards either. Tried two of his.  All of our cards have plenty of credit on them, are up-to-date paid, etc.  Tried three different cards and finally gave up.  It kept telling me to call, but I hate call centers/talking on the phone and I don't like giving my credit card number out to a person over the phone because it is too easy for them to copy it down and steal it. I may try again tomorrow. It seems like it is their website.

Edited by Eli_6

4 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Are AARP cards also 10% off like Allstate? Thx!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

It didn't work with my husband's cards either. Tried two of his.  All of our cards have plenty of credit on them, are up-to-date paid, etc.  Tried three different cards and finally gave up.  It kept telling me to call, but I hate call centers/talking on the phone and I don't like giving my credit card number out to a person over the phone because it is too easy for them to copy it down and steal it. I may try again tomorrow. It seems like it is their website.

Sounds like a problem at AARP.  

I won 1000 points on the spin game!  No gift cards on the AllState site, but I won more Points!

• Like 1

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

Do you need to accrue points like Allstate?  Or can you buy them (hopefully) without?

As long as you are a paying AARP customer you don’t need to accrue points like Allstate.  At least not for the Carnival Cards.  There are other cards you need points for.

• Thanks 1

Do NOT use the AARP website today.  I tried again using paypal and then went and checked my cards.  Only 1 card for $100 went through and yet my cards were charged 4 times!  Ugh. What a mess! 

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Called AARP and they said the over charges are just pending and will remove in a few days. Let's hope that happens.  

The charges should fall off, but keep an eye on it. AARP had trouble with this in Sept and their rewards site was basically down for a month because of charges being added without product delivery. I had trouble getting a purchase to go through when I was buying my daughter some gift cards trying to use her CC on my account. It didn't work until I used my card that matched my AARP account name (my name). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoveFamily said:

They weren't there about an hour ago, but they've since popped up. Make sure you're using the search feature to find them

Thank you.  I find them when using the search feature, but they aren't listed under merchandise, etc.  

This is great!  I need to see how much more I need for my cruise later this month!!

Just now, tw67 said:

Thank you.  I find them when using the search feature, but they aren't listed under merchandise, etc.  

This is great!  I need to see how much more I need for my cruise later this month!!

Glad you found them.  Happy shopping 🙂

• Like 1

I am so annoyed.  I still have over $600 pending on my credit cards from AARP that didn't go through!  When I called, they said it would fall off in a couple of days. Only it hasn't and it has been 4 days. 

40 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I am so annoyed.  I still have over $600 pending on my credit cards from AARP that didn't go through!  When I called, they said it would fall off in a couple of days. Only it hasn't and it has been 4 days. 

Charges can take up to 10 days to fall off. It isn't AARP it is your bank that takes that long for them to fall off. Just like all the Carnival holds that people think is Carnival's fault. 

• Like 1