Nightly Diamond event with drink vouchers....

Quick question. I know the free drinks used to be auto loaded on your Seapass cards, but it has been awhile since I last cruised. Is this still the case, or has it changed to a new system? Is it still 3 free drinks a night? I will be sailing on the Indy in March. Any info would be appreciated.

Quick question. I know the free drinks used to be auto loaded on your Seapass cards, but it has been awhile since I last cruised. Is this still the case, or has it changed to a new system? Is it still 3 free drinks a night? I will be sailing on the Indy in March. Any info would be appreciated.

Still the case. 3 drinks on your card.

Timing wise - it's only during cocktail hours when the Diamond Lounge is open. Depending on the ship it could be between 5pm and 8 or 8:30pm. You can use the 3 free drinks in any bar on the ship. There have been reports that you can use them in the MDR on some ships - but again based on the reports it seems to be a ship by ship thing. Don't forget that in the Diamond lounge you can get as many drinks as you want. Also in the bars you're limited to the drinks that you can get in the Diamond Lounge so for example you wouldn't be able to get a Pina Colada.

Enjoy.

Is there still a time frame? And where can the drinks be redeemed at...any bar or only certain ones?

Our experience has always been from 5:PM to 8:PM. Check your Cruise Compass for your sailing. Most of our Cruises we elect to have our drinks in the Schooner Bar. Once in awhile if the DL isn't too busy we'll sit in there and enjoy our drinks. In the DL it's unlimited drinks during the specified hours.

Edited by davekathy

Our experience has always been from 5:PM to 8:PM. Check your Cruise Compass for your sailing. Most of our Cruises we elect to have our drinks in the Schooner Bar. Once in awhile if the DL isn't too busy we'll sit in there and enjoy our drinks. In the DL it's unlimited drinks during the specified hours.

If I get a drink in the DL, im assuming I can not leave with it....correct? Also, is there a list of the drinks available in the Diamond Lounge?

Edited by FLASHINGLIGHTS83

If I get a drink in the DL, im assuming I can not leave with it....correct? Also, is there a list of the drinks available in the Diamond Lounge?

Our experience has always been yes and yes there is.

Edited by davekathy

My experience has been that it is never (I know; never say never; someone will remind me of some cruise we were on together where it was, but.....) ;) 5 to 8. It is either 4:30 to 8:00 or 5:00 to 8:30.

My experience has been that it is never (I know; never say never; someone will remind me of some cruise we were on together where it was, but.....) ;) 5 to 8. It is either 4:30 to 8:00 or 5:00 to 8:30.

I know what you mean about saying "never". Very well could be as we start drinking at 5:PM. We are in the MDR or MTD for early dining long before the cut off. We only do pre-dinner and dinner drinks. Both sailings we were able to get wine with our vouchers with our meals. Go figure. Maybe on our April Jewel Cruise we'll get a pre-show drink as we'll be done eating before the cut off time. The last time we were on the Jewel (September 2015) and Explorer (September 2016) both Cruises the vouchers were only good starting at 5:PM. At least that's what we were told at the Schooner bar.

Just searched for and found a list of the drinks from an october 2016 posting. Anyone have anything more recent, or know how often the list is changed/updated? Im looking specifically for Disaronna. Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions...

Amaretto has NEVER been on the list, and I am confident that it never will be.

I always leave with a drink in my hand. It is only civilized to walk the ship trying not to spill red wine.

Joking, yes, I take a drink with me on my way to dinner or other activity. If not, I pick up a drink at a bar using my 3 free drinks.

JC