First Night Done WHAT???

delluser

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!!

So just don't do that package and go the main dining room. I' love Allure, but only do specialty dining once, rarely twice a cruise.

We had never done Chops on 6 cruises, but DID buy FNDR this time, got assigned to Sabor but changed to Chops while we were waiting in the terminal to board. The "strolling waiters" took care of it for us. It's a GREAT promotion IMHO to get traffic into those restaurants that people may not know about until day 2 or 3. We went back on Thursday night too.

Geez Louise, I really must be having a Bad Day; I don't generally Post Rants, but here goes.

I really Tire of people who constantly complain about the lack of this and that, they charge for this and that, etc etc.

Every purchase and for that matter, decision, one makes comes with a perceived Value . If paying $100 for a concert is too much, I don't pay it. If I get "crap" for service I don't go back. My Bar may be higher or lower than yours, I get that.

Geez, RCCL is not lining us all up and demanding we board their ships. We have Choices. Have I perceived a decline in the MDR over the years, no question, IMO. So is it enough for me not to sail RCCL, apparently not yet, given my Cruise History.

So either quit complaining, get off the Pot, and go Sail elsewhere. If not, it clearly hasn't persuaded you enough to make a change.

I feel Better now.

Amen!

We purchased FNDR on our February 2018 Oasis cruise knowing full well the rules and directions. Our hope is to snag dinner at 150 CP. that's not our assigned restaurant, I am prepared to invest 5 or 10 minutes to hopefully change the venue. Still worth the $15pp investment.

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!![/quote]

Perhaps using a travel agent would be a better option for you.

Edited by ewenix
damn typos.

It's funny that you can see from posts who's going to have a good time on a cruise and be relaxed and who's going into expecting issues. And who desperately NEEDS a vacation. :)

First time cruiser here and I'm hoping to go with the flow. Set my expectations at being flexible and enjoying all the new experiences. I hope all this angst isn't what happens when you become jaded by multiple cruises.

Sailing for my parents' 60th anniversary and totally looking forward to every aspect of our vacation.

On the one hand, I thought OP's post was a little OTT. But, then I realized how terrible RCL is generally in explaining anything clearly. Last summer we traveled with friends. Because I learned so much on these boards, I had a leg up. They were completely mystified by so much. These boards are a require resource...

I had no clue what it was so googled. I signed up and am looking forward to whatever they give us...it's only $15, heck of a deal! I just don't understand how it works if we get Izumi's on Explorer but I'm game to find out!

I would only do it again if I could get the times I wanted at booking. I took the 8:30pm seating (all that was left) hoping to change once onboard. When I got onboard, they had me at 9pm :eek: both nights. I was able to change my times and one restaurant, but I didn't have a lot of options. One night was completely booked for one of the restaurants.

Lots of people say it's no problem to change but ymmv, so at least be happy with the times they are offering online.

Big deal or not, I guess is debatable.

Confusing- yes. I saw this in my cruise planner over the weekend and it was unclear to me what I was even paying $15 for. The stock photo used on the paged looked like sushi, but beyond that there was no mention of specific restaurants and not much explanation to help, either.

I think they could present this better.

Maybe you needed to do more clicking. I have a time frame, looked at menus and will confirm restaurant choice when I board . You are paying $15 for one of the speciality restaurants - not $35 or $29 whatever they are.

Outstanding deal and service. I am on Oasis and signed up for FNDR. Got a call to my room saying we had a reservation at the Italian place. Got a call a few minutes later from Park 150 recruiting us for it. We went there since it was the most expensive. Final bill 0 no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But the only thing you have to pay for is an additional tip, correct? And you should probably tip based on what the full price of the meal would have been. Just want to make sure I'm understanding FNDR. I understand you have to pay additional as well if you choose two entrees or anything special listed on menus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you purchase a Balcony Guarantee - you get a Balcony, but you don't get to pick which one. That's why you get the discount, you are willing to take what you get. Same with this dinner package. If you don't like that Royal chooses for you and don't want to be troubled to try and change it then don't buy the package. Generally most ships offer discounts when you board for 1st nights, not quite as deep a discount, but you can choose. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.