First Night Done WHAT???

delluser

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!!

While everyone else is shelling out money and chasing down restaurant managers keep your money in your pocket and go to the MDR. You'll know where and when you are eating and no hassles.

It's a game. You're taking a discount for a GTY specialty dinner.

Um, so, they offer you a promotional price so they can fill whatever restaurant they need to and tell you up front that they will choose for you. Then you take the offer and it's OK the $15 for you but not OK for them to choose for you.......

Sounds simple enough. You want your cake and eat it too.

Good thing Royal is cool with letting you choose after they said they wouldn't. Enjoy your cruise!

Um, so, they offer you a promotional price so they can fill whatever restaurant they need to and tell you up front that they will choose for you. Then you take the offer and it's OK the $15 for you but not OK for them to choose for you.......

Sounds simple enough. You want your cake and eat it too.

Good thing Royal is cool with letting you choose after they said they wouldn't. Enjoy your cruise!

For $15, I want more than cake! :cool:

I purchased the 3-night package for $85. I can see in my planner that it begins on Day 2, which is perfect so we don't have to deal with formal night in the MDR. This is what they state, (which would also apply if you were only purchasing the FNDR deal): On Day 1, you will receive your reservation confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend or to complete your additional dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Doesn't seem too inconvenient. A tad maybe, but I can deal with that over having to be at the office! I agree that it would be better if we could tell them our preferences because I am not interested in all of their specialty choices. No sense booking me in a spot to fill their roster, just to have me unbook on day 1.

I don't see any mention of which restaurants won't be included among the choices, though. We were hoping for Chops, Giovanni's and 150 Central Park. Are there certain ones excluded? Where is that info found?

Thx.

I purchased the 3-night package for $85. I can see in my planner that it begins on Day 2, which is perfect so we don't have to deal with formal night in the MDR. This is what they state, (which would also apply if you were only purchasing the FNDR deal): On Day 1, you will receive your reservation confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend or to complete your additional dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Doesn't seem too inconvenient. A tad maybe, but I can deal with that over having to be at the office! I agree that it would be better if we could tell them our preferences because I am not interested in all of their specialty choices. No sense booking me in a spot to fill their roster, just to have me unbook on day 1.

I don't see any mention of which restaurants won't be included among the choices, though. We were hoping for Chops, Giovanni's and 150 Central Park. Are there certain ones excluded? Where is that info found?

Thx.

I bought the 3 night for $85 pp for our Oasis Dec. 18 and selected 2nd night for package to begin. I PRINTED a copy of the package when I purchased it as it included Chef's Table, 150 Central Park and Chops. When we boarded I went to the Desk they had set up in front of the Pub/across from Sorrento's.

They said the had never heard of this package and that I did not have Chef's Table. Immediately produced my printed copy of package and man said "I am the Coastal Kitchen Manager and there is so such package." I asked him to please get the Food & Bev. Manager for me. He called someone on phone and then told me that indeed I did have Chef's Table and that we could attend any night we choose. While making my choices, I also purchased the 1st night at Giovanni's for $15pp. I was happy. If I had not had my printed copy of what I paid for I would have been out of luch.

Enjoy your cruise and your dining choices.

Allure-and it is a big deal. Why not give the paying customer the option to select what we want up front. I don't want to try and track down how to change a reservation on the first day. Not to mention it's doubtful we could then get the time we'd like. Regretting our decision to cruise with this line. Every single thing is a hassle!!!

They do give the paying customer the option to select what they want, when they pay full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still don't know why you can't do the hibachi grill at IZUMI, it has a fixed price structure if you are so inclined to choose it.

FWIW, if we are committed to the MDR schedule, I really want to go there the first night anyway. That being said, I'm hoping to get CK as often as i care to, so specialty dining has lost some of it's appeal.

Agree there as to OA specialty. CK is by far better atmosphere, service, and

food IMHO. ;)

I PRINTED a copy of the package when I purchased it as it included Chef's Table, 150 Central Park and Chops.

When I made my purchase, I did print the confirmation, but it doesn't list the participating restaurants. In fact, if 150 CP isn't included as an option anymore, then I don't think I want the 3-night package.

I just signed back in and looked for fine print. I found this line as the last sentence: "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater."

I guess 150 CP should be acceptable, right?

When I made my purchase, I did print the confirmation, but it doesn't list the participating restaurants. In fact, if 150 CP isn't included as an option anymore, then I don't think I want the 3-night package.

I just signed back in and looked for fine print. I found this line as the last sentence: "Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater."

It worked for me on FNDR.

She Who Must be Obeyed and I did a B2B on the Allure about this time last year. We hate the thought of trying to figure out what nights we want to which show or eat when and where, and we haven't even boarded the ship yet. So, we tried something. We didn't pre-book anything. Once on board, we reserved that evenings MTD. Since we had two weeks to try the specialty restaurants that we were interested in, we would catch the maître 'd when we were near one of the venues and see what was available. Shows were no problem either, we reserved those from the room with the interactive TV.

It was one of our more relaxing cruises since just went with the flow and we weren't all in knots trying to fill each day's schedules weeks ahead.

I thought FNDR was a great deal.

Half price.

That's all I needed to know.

Trade off? RC choose the restaurant BUT... and this is what makes this so amazing... if we don't like the restaurant and the allocated time then we just go ahead and change it anyway!

Complaining that you are offered a lovely meal at half price AND you don't want RC to put in a token effort at pretending there is a trade off?

And you'd choose not to sail with RC because of that?

Thank you to those of you who are helpful and kind in explaining how this "new to me" line works with the FNDR

Our experience has been significantly different with other lines, therefore, it's been a bit challenging to understand all of the RCL rules-will it change my cruise experience, doubtful, as I enjoy every single cruise I'm blessed to take. I will simply make the choices that are a better fit for me and my family.

Thank you again to those who offered positive, pleasant advice!

Outstanding deal and service. I am on Oasis and signed up for FNDR. Got a call to my room saying we had a reservation at the Italian place. Got a call a few minutes later from Park 150 recruiting us for it. We went there since it was the most expensive. Final bill 0 no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you to those of you who are helpful and kind in explaining how this "new to me" line works with the FNDR

Our experience has been significantly different with other lines, therefore, it's been a bit challenging to understand all of the RCL rules-will it change my cruise experience, doubtful, as I enjoy every single cruise I'm blessed to take. I will simply make the choices that are a better fit for me and my family.

Thank you again to those who offered positive, pleasant advice!

If it wasn't clear how FNDR worked before you paid then shoot Royal a note.

• 5 months later...

Myster Dinner Theatre? Is this something available on the Allure, or is it another ship?

But, wasn't this disclosed in writing when you purchased the deal? I recall seeing that RCI would choose the restaurant and that was the reason why I chose not to buy into the dining deals. While it may not be a big deal, I personally didn't want any aggravation IF it was a problem to switch once in board, and so, I chose not to buy it.