New Layout on CNL Boards Being Forced Is Unreadable

zqvol

I don't know who designed this new forum skin, but it is unreadable. Up until today you could select the skin you wanted on your PC, now that option seems to be locked. Someone needs to figure out that you have to have different versions for PCs and mobile device, and the gurus at CC haven't done that yet.

Funny that I have not noticed any change and I use Chrome. Unless it is because I have it bookmarked and the old one is still viable that way.

It is being rolled out slowly. I'm still using the old version on two different computers using two different browsers.

I had switched my devices back to the old version the other day, but today was summarily switched to the new interface and the option to chose a skin is non-functional. I HATE the new format. It is incredibly off putting. I don't know yet if it will cause me to leave permanently but I am aware that after a few minutes of trying to scroll, I leave the site. Come back to try to get used to it, and leave again.

Here's how it looks for me now with a few changes: https://www.screencast.com/t/Cdwn6NW0CD

I installed an extension to Chrome to increase the font contrast (called "Font Rendering Enhancer") because many of the sites have grey on white text now that my aging eyes can't see, and increase the font size to 110% by holding down CTRL and tapping the + key on the 10-key portion of the keyboard once.