What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Does anybody know about this situation. As previously mentioned we won a bid for an ocean view upgrade. If I book the Oceanview directly, which would now include 2 perks, would I get another option to bid on an upgrade to a balcony.

I am confused. If you bid and won as you said, you do not get more perks, and you do not get another chance to upgrade again.

BUT, if you book the OV directly, you would have an option to bid on an upgrade to balcony like everyone else.

But, if you booked an OV directly, you would now have two rooms????

We booked inside cabin and bid on OV and BA. Won OV upgrade but really want Balcony. We are going to purchase dinner package which will run about 200 dollars total. If i have my TA just purchase directly with NCL we would now have an OV with 2 perks. But would we also get another option to bid on a balcony as their balcony inventory is very large right now. That is what i am trying to find out.

Why won't they let us bid on the spa balconies or spa minisuites? There are many spa balconies open on our sailing. We already have an angled balcony. I contacted them today to get a price for a spa minisuite and was quoted $280pp. A spa balcony was $180 per guest. No bidding on either of these only on the Haven Spa balcony with the lowest bid of $400 pp.

I have no idea why, that is just how it is set up. I would have bid on a spa balcony or spa mini-suite if I had the opportunity, but I did not. All it stated as far as mini suite was concerned was a regular mini suite. I bid on a Haven suite and got that instead. I am quite happy even though I spend more than I had originally planned for this cruise. This was to be our cheap sailing...but that is the whole purpose behind this bidding, for NCL to generate more $$$$.

We booked inside cabin and bid on OV and BA. Won OV upgrade but really want Balcony. We are going to purchase dinner package which will run about 200 dollars total. If i have my TA just purchase directly with NCL we would now have an OV with 2 perks. But would we also get another option to bid on a balcony as their balcony inventory is very large right now. That is what i am trying to find out.

Too late. If I understand this, you booked an inside, bid on OV which you got. You are in an OV. You cannot go back and cancel that reservation, book an OV or balcony to get more perks and a better price. If you really really wanted a balcony, you should not have bid on the OV.

I am waiting to hear about my bid on Nov 25th Escape. Is there a specific time of day that the emails are sent out notifying the winners? So I can stop checking every 30 minutes. lol

I'm in the exact same boat.

I'm ON the exact same boat! Lol! Still waiting to hear back too.

Too late. If I understand this, you booked an inside, bid on OV which you got. You are in an OV. You cannot go back and cancel that reservation, book an OV or balcony to get more perks and a better price. If you really really wanted a balcony, you should not have bid on the OV.

You are not understanding my situation. I am not looking to cancel anything. I am simply looking to book the full oceanview through my travel agent, which will give us a 2nd perk and am wondering if that will get me an option to re bid on a Balcony.

You are not understanding my situation. I am not looking to cancel anything. I am simply looking to book the full oceanview through my travel agent, which will give us a 2nd perk and am wondering if that will get me an option to re bid on a Balcony.

If you won the OV through the upgrade system, you’re done. Your bid was accepted. You won. You don’t get another chance to upgrade again. If you bid on multiple cabins for an upgrade, you may get one, but then it’s finished, and the other bids go away.

After the upgrade, you can’t purchase the cabin you won to upgrade again - you already have it.

When your bid to upgrade to an OV was accepted, you’re in an OV. You can’t change your room after that (as far as I know.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, if you pay full price to upgrade to go from Inside to Oceanview, you should get the opportunity to upgrade and you'll get the 2 perks.

Obviously you don’t understand that you can only upgrade once. What your asking is not possible now if you already won an upgrade!!!

Obviously i DO understand you can only bid once on each reservation. Which is why i am asking if i purchase the full price oceanview package from NCL would i get a different bidding option on Balcony and Mini Suites since this would be considered a different reservation, and not just a bidding upgrade.

Obviously i DO understand you can only bid once on each reservation. Which is why i am asking if i purchase the full price oceanview package from NCL would i get a different bidding option on Balcony and Mini Suites since this would be considered a different reservation, and not just a bidding upgrade.

Do you need 2 cabins? You could certainly do it then.

Call - they should move you to ocean view at no cost if OV is less than what you’ve already paid.

Spoke to my TA and they were able to convince NCL to upgrade from Inside to OV after a bit of back and forth. Huge thanks to Cruise Critic for this one otherwise I wouldn't have known to ask for the upgrade. Thanks!

Edited by Macleod518

You said at the beginning that your bid was accepted. If that’s not the case, then your question makes sense. Otherwise, you are just going to lose money to do what you want.

You can’t purchase something you already have. You have an OV from your accepted bid. You said your bid was accepted.

You would have to cancel that reservation and start over, which would probably lose you most of your money, because I’m assuming if your bid was accepted, you’re pretty close to your sailing date. Also, accepted upgrade bids are charged immediately and non-refundable per the T&Cs.

You can’t say, “Forget the bid, I’ll just pay full price to upgrade.” Your bid was accepted. You’re done.

The lesson here is: Only bid on a room that makes you happy.

He already used Upgrade Advantage or he wouldn’t say “our bid was accepted.”

That’s the part you missed.

You can’t undo an accepted bid. It’s in the T&Cs. Accepted bids are charged immediately and non-refundable.

If the question is “Next time, if I book an OV, will I be able to bid for a balcony?”, then the answer is “probably”.

It sounds like the question is “Can I undo my bid?” That answer is “no”.

I am fully aware that i can no longer make a bid on my inside to OV upgrade. That ship has sailed. I an also aware that i can at any time upgrade by paying full price for a higher room by paying the difference. My question which many of you are not understanding is when i upgrade directly by paying full price for said upgrade, would i get a different option to bid for an upgrade on what should be considered a new reservation?

Edited by TBax

I am fully aware that i can no longer make a bid on my inside to OV upgrade. That ship has sailed. I an also aware that i can at any time upgrade by paying full price for a higher room by paying the difference. My question which seems to have many of you are somehow not understanding is when i upgrade directly by paying full price for said upgrade, would i get a different option to bid for an upgrade on what should be considered a new reservation?

Here’s where I think people are having an issue with the question’s wording: do you mean “hypothetically, on a future trip” or “on my current reservation”?

To upgrade your current reservation, you would have to go to a balcony.

If in the future, you book an inside, then upgrade to an OV, then you might be able to use Upgrade Advantage after the paid upgrade was completed.

Spoke to my TA and they were able to convince NCL to upgrade from Inside to OV after a bit of back and forth. Huge thanks to Cruise Critic for this one otherwise I wouldn't have known to ask for the upgrade. Thanks!

Congrats!

Has anyone received a winning bid on an upgrade for Escape sailing 11-25? I am currently bidding on a H-5 just curious. I am guessing it is still to far out from sailing to have much activity.

The roll call for this sailing is the best place to ask this question.

I am fully aware that i can no longer make a bid on my inside to OV upgrade. That ship has sailed. I an also aware that i can at any time upgrade by paying full price for a higher room by paying the difference. My question which many of you are not understanding is when i upgrade directly by paying full price for said upgrade, would i get a different option to bid for an upgrade on what should be considered a new reservation?
If I'm understanding what you're asking correctly, then the answer is yes.

We were in a mini-suite (M6). We upgraded ourselves to lowest level Haven (H9) after final payment. Our bid opportunities adjusted about 12 hours later. (Our options changed and opening bid amounts changed).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app