What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

There are so many free cabins, at least 15 in each category for Christmas & New Year Getaway, I am surprised but we booked 2 guarantee insides IF, we have been allocated a IF inside on the New Year but yet to be allocated on the Christmas, I have bid in the high "poor" range for Balcony and hoping for upgrades. Anyone else booked for those cruises and had any results on their bidding. We also have 3 Balconies in our party but not bidding on those as they are all together which is important for those 2 cabins.

There are so many free cabins, at least 15 in each category for Christmas & New Year Getaway, I am surprised but we booked 2 guarantee insides IF, we have been allocated a IF inside on the New Year but yet to be allocated on the Christmas, I have bid in the high "poor" range for Balcony and hoping for upgrades. Anyone else booked for those cruises and had any results on their bidding. We also have 3 Balconies in our party but not bidding on those as they are all together which is important for those 2 cabins.

what is high "poor" range?

and why not just bid the min since there's so many available?

I would say yes, bid earlier. Most upgrades, not all, but most are accepted more than a week out. You can modify your bid any time, until it has been accepted/rejected. QUOTE]

This is what I was wondering. For my Alaska cruise we got rejected but only 2 says prior to the cruise. So on my next cruise was hoping to bid again. But you are saying that if they think you have a decent bid based on availability they may accept it much sooner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say yes, bid earlier. Most upgrades, not all, but most are accepted more than a week out. You can modify your bid any time, until it has been accepted/rejected. QUOTE]

This is what I was wondering. For my Alaska cruise we got rejected but only 2 says prior to the cruise. So on my next cruise was hoping to bid again. But you are saying that if they think you have a decent bid based on availability they may accept it much sooner?

Ours was accepted 70 days out. Bid was in the poor range, but I guess they wanted our cabin (B1) and there weren’t a lot of bids on the one we wanted (H6).

It's frustrating when you see that people are leap-frogging insides to balconies when bids for upsell from OX to balconies aren't accepted. I got a porthole by the gangway assignment, which is probably one of the least popular cabins. My bid is still active, though.

It's frustrating when you see that people are leap-frogging insides to balconies when bids for upsell from OX to balconies aren't accepted. I got a porthole by the gangway assignment, which is probably one of the least popular cabins. My bid is still active, though.

If there aren't a lot of inside cabins remaining but many OV, then they will want to move folks from inside to open up additional cabins to sell.

Sometimes is works the opposite - there aren't many OV but a lot of insides, so OV will probably get bids accepted easier in that scenario.

My upgrade was just accepted from inside to balcony. I received an email saying the bidding was open and when I logged on to ncl.com it was one of the banners.

Hello, Are you able to share your bid and category moved from and too?

when are you sailing? We have an OC category right now and our bid for an OV is still active or I guess pending is the word. I so want the upgrade but have a limit to how much we will pay for it. We have just under 2 weeks before sailing.

when are you sailing? We have an OC category right now and our bid for an OV is still active or I guess pending is the word. I so want the upgrade but have a limit to how much we will pay for it. We have just under 2 weeks before sailing.

I'm still 30 days out. There are lots of OV available on the deck 5 above me, but when the TA checked, NCL wouldn't move me to a better (in my opinion) cabin. They wanted triple what I'd originally paid to move from deck 4 to 8 aft with a window vs. current porthole by the gangway door. I still have a bid in for a balcony, but I can't see any available. I didn't bid on a MS. So, it is what it is.

Now that tomorrow's BA sailing upgrade are finalized & done, accepted or not - I can note that we have a good # of last minute Solo booking at near steal prices, without the supplement penalty, more than 1 or 2 in balcony - which could've still came with some "freebies" if not using the Sail Away Rate. Just look at inventory - still unsold Insides, OV and Balconies - thus, pretty obvious ship will be less than full on this special SuperStorm Sandy ver. 2 with a tropical system fast tracking overnight, south to north with gusty wind & rain.

Our strategy was not to "over" bid and offer was within the "poor" range, never close to the edge for "fair" - and, to recap ... Inside (IB) to Balcony (BC) was accepted at T minus 20 days, $75 x 2 @ $150 in total (no bids for OV) and OV (OC) to Balcony (BD) was reduced to $50 x 2 @ $100 in total (was a little higher for weeks) - Mini Suite was $80 x 2 and obviously "expired". Both are pretty good AFT location, near the elevators & stairs - with good access to most public venue ... what's there to not be happy about.

Haven't seen/read any indications of anyone on our Roll Call not getting their bids accepted ... Not everyone chose to submit any offer & a 2nd. email to solicit bidding was send out selectively about 60 days out. Now, I understood that some had their fair to good, thus higher bid amount accepted way out, much ... much further out - they are pleased and happy, paying less than full price, understood that the extra "free" perks are "limited". Still, my feeling is that they probably couldn've offered NCL less and still scored on their GTY offers - a win-win, nevertheless.

I really don't feel that there is a magical formula - more of a game of Calculus.

It was from an inside to midship balcony for $100.

Thats am amazing price for you, we are on the Christmas and New Year Getaway and price of the IF inside was very high at $1099 pp, as I am paying for 5 cabins, 3 balconies which are as high as $1799pp my 2 daughters and their partners are in the IF categories but I hope to upgrade them via the bid system. I have bid for them but in view of the price gone in much higher than you - time will tell and I will post the result when we get a response. Hope you enjoy your cruise & Balcony.

Thats am amazing price for you, we are on the Christmas and New Year Getaway and price of the IF inside was very high at $1099 pp, as I am paying for 5 cabins, 3 balconies which are as high as $1799pp my 2 daughters and their partners are in the IF categories but I hope to upgrade them via the bid system. I have bid for them but in view of the price gone in much higher than you - time will tell and I will post the result when we get a response. Hope you enjoy your cruise & Balcony.

I have heard from others in my roll call that there are several available cabins left for our trip so I’m sure that helped me. Thank you :)

Oct 21 Pearl sailing bid was rejected. I bid GOOD range from OV to Balcony $165. With 2 days left there were 10 balconies in inventory. Got on ship and guest services said ALL OV and above were booked. Of course NCL fine print says they don't have to go by highest bid.

Side note: several cruisers I spoke with said they would not be back.

Oct 21 Pearl sailing bid was rejected. I bid GOOD range from OV to Balcony $165. With 2 days left there were 10 balconies in inventory. Got on ship and guest services said ALL OV and above were booked. Of course NCL fine print says they don't have to go by highest bid.

someone bids for an upgrade, they don't get it for any reason and they say they won't be back: talk about childish, WOW!!

Won’t be back??? like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum for attention. But,,, no one cares.

If you want a specific room class, then book it.

Personally, I would prefer if they gave priority to frequent cruises over the temper tantrum group that have a high probability of not cruising again.

Won’t be back??? like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum for attention. But,,, no one cares.

If you want a specific room class, then book it.

Personally, I would prefer if they gave priority to frequent cruises over the temper tantrum group that have a high probability of not cruising again.

They will be back. They just like to throw a 5 year old temper tantrum.

Book the cabin you want and don’t rely on upgrades. If you don’t get the upgrade at least you get the room you actually likes when you booked.

I wouldn’t gamble on an upgrade when I originally booked. If I bid and get an upgrade I will be happy but otherwise I will still be happy with my original choice.

I made the mistake of starting a separate post.

What is the norm to upgrade from an H9?

Our only options are to bid on an H4, H3, & H2, despite there being a plethora of H7s, H6s, & H5s available on our sailing. And I mean a lot. Like only one H7 is booked, 2 H6s are booked, and there are 12 H5s left. Yet, we have no option to bid on these.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

Our only options are to bid on an H4, H3, & H2, despite there being a plethora of H7s, H6s, & H5s available on our sailing. And I mean a lot. Like only one H7 is booked, 2 H6s are booked, and there are 12 H5s left. Yet, we have no option to bid on these.

I had some questions and called the old upsell number. They were incredibly helpful, and further explained their “new” jobs, instead of taking calls to upgrade, was to answer questions regarding the bidding process, and to help (very neutral, pleasant.) they will not suggest bids, nor did I ask, or go down that path. I would bet money that if you call them, that they will have a good answer or even fix the issue regarding your inability to bid in all haven cabins! Good Luck!!!!

From the T&C:

Upon receipt of an Invitation, you may submit a Bid on up to two categories higher than your current class of service category for the original itinerary booked.

Could that be the issue? Maybe the Haven cabins you want are higher categories than you're allowed to bid.