What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

has anyone been upgraded yet on the pearl 12/30/17 cruise? I put in a strong bid to upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony.

I think that is WAY early for a bid to come through. Unless the demand for insides is VERY high and they have lots of balcony cabins open. It makes way more sense for them to wait a bit as they can still sell cabins.

I think that is WAY early for a bid to come through. Unless the demand for insides is VERY high and they have lots of balcony cabins open. It makes way more sense for them to wait a bit as they can still sell cabins.

I think it just depends. I thought they’d wait a bit, too, but I was upgraded last week for my Epic 12/30 cruise. Aft balcony to Have aft penthouse.

Just for other people's information. I am on the Dawn 10 day in January. I have a Deluxe Owner's Suite. They offered the Garden Villa for a range of $1250 - $5000 per person. Both GVs show as sold out but that doesn't mean much. Not bidding though since a GV would be a waste for just 2 of us.

Just wondering if anyone travelling on Norweigan Epic Dec 9-16 has been actually upgraded yet? I put in an offer from MidShip Balcony to Aft Haven. No word yet... Good Luck Everyone!

I have a bid in on a minisuite and a balcony from my inside and haven't heard anything. Good luck.

My inside room on the Dawn for 10/27 was just assigned to a midship deck 11 accessibility room. Now I need to decide if I should cancel my bid to balcony. Other than some foot traffic it sounds like an awesome room. We are always on deck 4 or 5. I also wonder though if us being assigned a room means we won't win the bid anyway.

My bid for a family suite (SJ) was just accepted for the Dawn on 10/27. Do I get all of the perks associated with this cabin just like as if I booked it or is it just an upgrade of the room only?

Congratulations! And yes you get all the perks meaning butler and concierge, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mizzori

My bid for a family suite (SJ) was just accepted for the Dawn on 10/27. Do I get all of the perks associated with this cabin just like as if I booked it or is it just an upgrade of the room only?
Glad you got it. Still waiting on mine, same cruise. Room only any perks you get are from your original cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You get the perks for the room, but not any other promotions (like dining/drink package or free internet different than what you got for the original room).

We are on the Breakaway Nov 26 and we haven't heard anything yet. Have seen others getting bids accepted for December dates but I haven't specifically seen the Breakaway mentioned in these posts.

Do you know if there is an order in which room bids are awarded? I assume they start awarding Haven rooms first, then work down the categories. Does anyone know if this is true? It seems sometimes balcony move ups get awarded quickly.

Do you know if there is an order in which room bids are awarded? I assume they start awarding Haven rooms first, then work down the categories. Does anyone know if this is true? It seems sometimes balcony move ups get awarded quickly.

Yeah, it seems like the Haven's are the first to know and then the big upgrade train begins with people moving to ocean views being last. Just my observation.

Today we are 80 days out from our Escape cruise and I just had the opportunity to put in upgrade bids. We are currently booked in an M6 mini suite with large balcony. I'm a little surprised at the minimums for Haven. We had upgraded once before on Getaway before the new system. I plan on tracking bids and availability etc. and will provide an update once process is over.

Today we are 80 days out from our Escape cruise and I just had the opportunity to put in upgrade bids. We are currently booked in an M6 mini suite with large balcony. I'm a little surprised at the minimums for Haven. We had upgraded once before on Getaway before the new system. I plan on tracking bids and availability etc. and will provide an update once process is over.

Good luck. I am just curious by the statement "I'm a little surprised at the minimums for The Haven." Do you think the minimums are high or starting low?

Can I ask what the starting bid was and the Haven Category the bid applies to? I won't ask what you bid, just what the minimum was. I'm on the Escape next year and thinking that I may want to bid on a Haven upgrade. Currently we're in a Spa Balcony. Thanks!

I believe the balcony & mini-suite upgrade prices are exactly the same. Don't quote me on that. Here are the PER PERSON minimum upgrade prices on Escape from a Balcony (BE to be exact):

H2 - Deluxe OS w/ Large Balcony - $1,500

H3 - OS w/ Large Balcony - $1,500

H4 - 2 Bedroom Suite - $1,000

H5 - Courtyard Penthouse - $400

H6 - Aft-Facing Penthouse - $750

H7 - Forward-Facing Penthouse - $400

H8 - Spa Suite - $400

I just got my notification on Monday for the 11/12 sailing on the BA, so I think you still have a plenty of time before they are given out.

SSOOOO......what did you have, what did you bid, and what was accepted? You know, the point of the thread?

I believe the balcony & mini-suite upgrade prices are exactly the same. Don't quote me on that. Here are the PER PERSON minimum upgrade prices on Escape from a Balcony (BE to be exact):

H2 - Deluxe OS w/ Large Balcony - $1,500

H3 - OS w/ Large Balcony - $1,500

H4 - 2 Bedroom Suite - $1,000

H5 - Courtyard Penthouse - $400

H6 - Aft-Facing Penthouse - $750

H7 - Forward-Facing Penthouse - $400

H8 - Spa Suite - $400

Appear to be the same (We are family of 4 so H5 & H8 not available to bid). Minimum bids were higher than I anticipated.

SSOOOO......what did you have, what did you bid, and what was accepted? You know, the point of the thread?

We were in mid-ship Balcony. My bid for a Courtyard Haven was in the upper end of the poor range and was accepted. The good thing I had going for me is there were alot of Haven cabins still available. There were 13 H5 and 6 H8 available, prior. That is something you might want to check.