What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I just got the upgrade email to move from an inside to an ocean view or balcony. This is the first time I have been offered the opportunity to bid in three cruises on NCL. I currently put in a bid for both upgrade options but have one question. If an offer is accepted it is automatically processed, correct? I ask because I would be happy with any balcony upgrade but there are some OV rooms I probably don't want. I prefer higher floors, currently booked on 13 forward. I'm not sure I would want an OV if it is on floor 5 or right below a noisy venue. Should I remove that bid and just keep the bid for the balcony upgrade? Thanks!

When bidding for an upgrade you will have know way of knowing where your room will be. So if I were you I would rescind my bid on the OV rooms because once they process your payment and assign you a cabin it’s yours to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It came up on MyNCL whenever I signed in. I don't think they sent another e-mail.

When bidding for an upgrade you will have know way of knowing where your room will be. So if I were you I would rescind my bid on the OV rooms because once they process your payment and assign you a cabin it’s yours to keep.

Ok great, thanks for the quick reply Mizzori.

I just got the upgrade email to move from an inside to an ocean view or balcony. This is the first time I have been offered the opportunity to bid in three cruises on NCL. I currently put in a bid for both upgrade options but have one question. If an offer is accepted it is automatically processed, correct? I ask because I would be happy with any balcony upgrade but there are some OV rooms I probably don't want. I prefer higher floors, currently booked on 13 forward. I'm not sure I would want an OV if it is on floor 5 or right below a noisy venue. Should I remove that bid and just keep the bid for the balcony upgrade? Thanks!
As you never know where they will put you, recind the OV. Just bid on balcony to be safe. You can change your bid, up or down anytime. But when or if they take your bid. It's final and can't be changed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It came up on MyNCL whenever I signed in. I don't think they sent another e-mail.
Yes, NCL's automated system do SEND additional reminder email to bid, if you did not respond or submit a bid during the first round of offering being made ... at 80 days for most (but not necessary all) or when the pop-up banner message is shown when logged in.

Extended family sailing with us again this month initially didn't make an offer - they got a 2nd. email about 2 weeks later. We waited too but submitted a low bid and once acknowledged, no additional email ... until the bids were modified last week.

Y’ALL!!! We got it! Booked on the Epic and going from a B1 to an H6. Cruising 12/30/17 and already got the upgrade! I am so excited I can’t think straight. The best part is we only bid $600 pp (min bid was $500 pp)!!

Congrats!! Having serious envy right now!!

Y’ALL!!! We got it! Booked on the Epic and going from a B1 to an H6. Cruising 12/30/17 and already got the upgrade! I am so excited I can’t think straight. The best part is we only bid $600 pp (min bid was $500 pp)!!
Great. And you know with time to plan. Leaving in a week and still pending. Only have 5 days to know if it's taken. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for all the valuable info everyone!!

I guess NCL has achieved their purpose of not letting any of us see a pattern. Many with lots of supply close in and not accepting bids while others at the 80 mark immediately being accepted on big ticket cabins.

Don't see much rhyme or reason as to their programming logic. Would have thought our fair bid for late November would have been long ago accepted with the amount of inventory out there/low season, but we are still waiting..... We still can't complain compared to the many people a week out and still waiting.

Thanks again for all the valuable info everyone!!

I guess NCL has achieved their purpose of not letting any of us see a pattern. Many with lots of supply close in and not accepting bids while others at the 80 mark immediately being accepted on big ticket cabins.

Don't see much rhyme or reason as to their programming logic. Would have thought our fair bid for late November would have been long ago accepted with the amount of inventory out there/low season, but we are still waiting..... We still can't complain compared to the many people a week out and still waiting.

So true. It leaves you wondering why they take a fair to poor bid 70 days out and not take a good bid till 3 days out. When I told my TA last week what I bid, she said it was too much. It's half of the cost she quoted me for the paid upgrade. Will know in 5 days. But it's crazy.

Booked an inside on Jade sailing 12/18/2017. On 09/29/2017, received upgrade offer by email. Bid $65/pp for OV and $130/pp for balcony. On 10/03/2017 received email saying my balcony offer was accepted. My bid was in the low fair area. Happy with the result especially since the new itinerary is the Southern Caribbean.

I am 3 days out with no reply to our bid. At this point, I suspect I won’t receive an answer.

Maureen

Well you have one more day left. 5 days left for my bids. Just went and upped them both to mid fair to good. 75 days ago was, if I get it OK.

Now I Want it.

Whether 60 days out of 3, and whether a great bid or a min it apparently depends on what cabin category they feel they need to fill or what they want to have more cabins available in. I bid a little better than min and will be sailing in 3 weeks. NO I haven't heard a word. I am not counting on the upgrade, but sure would be excited if we got one. I look at it this way, I was happy with what got or would not have booked it, so an upgrade would be wonderful but I am not going to lose sleep if we do not get it

Whether 60 days out of 3, and whether a great bid or a min it apparently depends on what cabin category they feel they need to fill or what they want to have more cabins available in. I bid a little better than min and will be sailing in 3 weeks. NO I haven't heard a word. I am not counting on the upgrade, but sure would be excited if we got one. I look at it this way, I was happy with what got or would not have booked it, so an upgrade would be wonderful but I am not going to lose sleep if we do not get it
True. Was very happy were we booked. As it my 1st NCL cruise, was surprised when 80 days out got the upgrade email. Figured the Oct 27th sailing was not a prime date, so they would have some unsold cabins. Then all the storms hit and figured not as much last minute booking. So if its not in the cards, no problem. Plus will be cold coming and going back. Still, would like the extra room as dawn's cabins on the small side. Lol, my wife can care less and would kill me to find out I increased the bids a few times already.

True. Was very happy were we booked. As it my 1st NCL cruise, was surprised when 80 days out got the upgrade email. Figured the Oct 27th sailing was not a prime date, so they would have some unsold cabins. Then all the storms hit and figured not as much last minute booking. So if its not in the cards, no problem. Plus will be cold coming and going back. Still, would like the extra room as dawn's cabins on the small side. Lol, my wife can care less and would kill me to find out I increased the bids a few times already.

For those who booked the October 27th cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn check your accounts the upgrade has begun

For those who booked the October 27th cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn check your accounts the upgrade has begun

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked, still pending. Will have to keep checking during the game. Lol, im from lower Fairfield county. Even as a Mets fan, I root for Yankees. JETS JETS JETS.

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked, still pending. Will have to keep checking during the game. Lol, im from lower Fairfield county. Even as a Mets fan, I root for Yankees. JETS JETS JETS.

I told my sister that I withdrew the bid so I can pay for the next cruise and did not want to tie up that much money on my card so she said hell I want a suite so what do I do we put it on her Credit card she put in a low offer and bam today she got it about an hour ago. Funny thing is I bid higher than what she just did.

I told my sister that I withdrew the bid so I can pay for the next cruise and did not want to tie up that much money on my card so she said hell I want a suite so what do I do we put it on her Credit card she put in a low offer and bam today she got it about an hour ago. Funny thing is I bid higher than what she just did.

Many have found 1st timers to NCL have a better chance. Hope so as it's my 1st NCL cruise. Never got upgraded on any RCCL or CCL

I am 3 days out with no reply to our bid. At this point, I suspect I won’t receive an answer.

Maureen

I am taking back to back cruise starting on October 29. We decided to participate on the upgrade system for the second half of the cruise which is a transatlantic on Nov 5, if we hear anything it will probably be on board since they say they let you know 48 hours ahead of the cruise. Oh well, we are happy with what we chose no matter what. :D

nope, no Jets, and no Yankees. Well Jets maybe but the serious itself has to be the Dodgers and the Astros.