What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Dawn Repo Boston=PR Nov 3-12

Oceanview OA >> bid for Balcony and Mini >> both in the low/fair range.

I think I may have f*cked myself with a withering, invective-laced email to NCL customer service regarding lack of communication at three weeks out.

Oh well. There are other lines.

Well, it's not like you were lying or anything on the email so maybe it wont be so bad lol

Dawn Repo Boston=PR Nov 3-12

Oceanview OA >> bid for Balcony and Mini >> both in the low/fair range.

I think I may have f*cked myself with a withering, invective-laced email to NCL customer service regarding lack of communication at three weeks out.

Oh well. There are other lines.

Did you email them about not hearing about your upgrade? If so, I thought it was a pretty well known policy that we may not hear until a couple days out. At least I understood it this way. Of course we are all anxious to hear, We are sailing a week after you and have not heard a word. The cruise lines are not going to let us know if they have a chance to sell a category for more than what we bid unless they need more cabins in the category we are now booked in.

Did you email them about not hearing about your upgrade? .

No no.

I have no problem not hearing about an upgrade until 48 hours before sailaway. Clearly stated in T&Cs.

I have MAJOR issues with ZERO substantive updates regarding ports of call, and particularly port of debarkation>>with only three weeks to go until embarkation from Boston. Unkept promises about when we would be provided new information. Widely varying replies to CC members who phoned in. Even something as simple as "Here's what know now, here's what still needs to be resolved, which will be by (fill in date)". That was the basis for my email diatribe to customer service.

'Bonette thinks venting was a bad move as far as potential upgrade goes. Inadvertent consequence. Happy with my current stateroom.

But I wanted my tiny little voice heard so they understand how I feel. I know they know, but I needed to unload.

F* 'em

No news is good news, for us, at a little 2 weeks out on our "poor" proposal to bid for the upgrade - one of our BIL had been upgraded a week ago, straight from Inside (IB) to Balcony (BB) sleeping 4; and they didn't bid for Oceanview (for 3 seniors.) Others on our sailing had managed to get upgraded to Mini Suites & even Haven, and some from Insides to Balconies.

Our existing OV, which we are happy with, only sleeps 2 whereas - many of the unsold & available one sleep 3 or 4 (not many children/teens expected onboard as it is off-season ... the following week on the BA is different, as it is Jersey Week with days off for school aged).

Our previous sailing's upgrade bid wasn't accepted & processed until about 10 days out this April ... let's see what happend over the next several days. Actually, I just "played" with our poor bids this morning & changes reconfirmed, including the option for the mini-suites, which is basically a slightly bigger balcony ... should be interesting to share later, once the outcome is clear. In fairness to others bidding and we have a "huge" Roll Call roster building up compared to other typical BA sailing dates - I will keep those bids/offers until a later date to avoid "bumping" up the prices for others ... still waiting to hear also, from NCL.

No no.

I have no problem not hearing about an upgrade until 48 hours before sailaway. Clearly stated in T&Cs.

I have MAJOR issues with ZERO substantive updates regarding ports of call, and particularly port of debarkation>>with only three weeks to go until embarkation from Boston. Unkept promises about when we would be provided new information. Widely varying replies to CC members who phoned in. Even something as simple as "Here's what know now, here's what still needs to be resolved, which will be by (fill in date)". That was the basis for my email diatribe to customer service.

'Bonette thinks venting was a bad move as far as potential upgrade goes. Inadvertent consequence. Happy with my current stateroom.

But I wanted my tiny little voice heard so they understand how I feel. I know they know, but I needed to unload.

F* 'em

Frustrated of course, but you still have to remember they have decisions to make. It isn't just as simple as "we will just keep the same itinerary" or lets change regardlsss to how many ships will be in port on what days? My guess is, they are not sure if it is really safe to continue with PR or not? PR is saying we are ready, others are saying, not so fast.

I traveled alone on the Escape last october and had my balcony room upgraded to Haven. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I loved the smaller dining room, the semi private pool (although I didn't get in, I did use the sundeck). The service, the experience, absolutely fabulous!

This is what I'm hoping to do, go from a balcony to H7. What did you bid?

we are booked on the Pearl out of New Orleans for the New Years cruise, I have 3 rooms booked and yesterday, 80 days out I got an email for all three rooms to be upgraded. all 3 rooms are inside cabins on the 9th floor, I only choose to try and bid on one room to upgrade to a balcony, I bid in the strong category, and after reading all of this I think I may have overbid? I think it probably is a high demand cruise date, so now I don't know if I should lower my bid, any thoughts?

we are booked on the Pearl out of New Orleans for the New Years cruise, I have 3 rooms booked and yesterday, 80 days out I got an email for all three rooms to be upgraded. all 3 rooms are inside cabins on the 9th floor, I only choose to try and bid on one room to upgrade to a balcony, I bid in the strong category, and after reading all of this I think I may have overbid? I think it probably is a high demand cruise date, so now I don't know if I should lower my bid, any thoughts?
If it's a popular date, will fill quickly. That would leave fewer rooms to be available. If you need all 3, will be hard. You might get one or two. If you want to bid, bid only the amount you feel comfortable with. You pay only for the 1st 2 in the room. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have 2 sailings on Pearl inside the upgrade window. I have had bids in since first opportunity. 2 are middle of FAIR. 2 are in the GOOD. No upgrades yet and I don't think there will be for the date 9 days out.

Now as for NCL guest relations. I had an issue about sailing I booked Oct 2016. It has been over 2 weeks now with no word from NCL guest relations. I guess they are "overwhelmed" ?

That’s interesting - I hadn’t read that posters who weren’t granted the bid upsell were notified. I still have 9 days - but haven’t heard either way as yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, if you read back through this thread you will see some copies of the rejection letter.... can't tell you where on the 94 pages you would find it though.

No charge I have been stalking the credit card...everything for my date show's sold out/NA so in that sense im not optimistic but who knows....its still pending lol :-)
Your probably getting a room that is being upgraded. So as they sort out the details. They might not hit the CC until it's done. Not out if the woods, but almost there. Good luck. Im 14 days out and lots of balcony and mini suite still available. As my TA thinks my bid is strong. You would of though be done by now. Got a call from Florida this morning, but only TA telling me NCL sees I haven't printed out my luggage tags. Lol, don't want to jinks it by printing out. I bet if I printed them out, would get the upgrade offer as it comes out of printer.

Your probably getting a room that is being upgraded. So as they sort out the details. They might not hit the CC until it's done. Not out if the woods, but almost there. Good luck. Im 14 days out and lots of balcony and mini suite still available. As my TA thinks my bid is strong. You would of though be done by now. Got a call from Florida this morning, but only TA telling me NCL sees I haven't printed out my luggage tags. Lol, don't want to jinks it by printing out. I bet if I printed them out, would get the upgrade offer as it comes out of printer.

Im 23 days out and submitted a poor bid. Im throwing it out to the upgrade fairy.

I think "pending" is generic purgatory. Been there for a month now.

Many have posted that "processing" is the golden ticket status & CC charge follows shortly thereafter.

Yes, "processing" usually means they are in the "process" of getting you upgraded![emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app