What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Here's a question I hope someone can answer. I booked a solo for March 17, 2018. My friend decided to come and also booked a solo. What are the chances that we can bid for a room together?

You can't combine two rooms into one for upgrade purposes. You could book a cabin you like together now with both of you in it, before final payment, and then bid on an upgrade if they become available. But if you don't get the upgrade, you'd be sharing a cabin. Some of the rooms the main bed splits into two though, so it might work.

Also, I don't think studios get upgrade offers?

You can't combine two rooms into one for upgrade purposes. You could book a cabin you like together now with both of you in it, before final payment, and then bid on an upgrade if they become available. But if you don't get the upgrade, you'd be sharing a cabin. Some of the rooms the main bed splits into two though, so it might work.

Also, I don't think studios get upgrade offers?

Why can't NCL combine two cabins for an upgrade to just one bigger cabin ? They would then have two cabins to resell rather than just the one cabin ?

Why can't NCL combine two cabins for an upgrade to just one bigger cabin ? They would then have two cabins to resell rather than just the one cabin ?

They are not set up to combine cabins - be it two solo, two families, etc.

If you are before final payment, you could call in and cancel one of the rooms and then travel together and probably book a "bigger" cabin for around the same price as bidding.

I suspect you are both paying a 100% single supplement. Since you are well before final payment, you should both consider cancelling your current cabins and book a larger cabin together. This would save you both a great deal of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perfect advice, even if you are not paying the single supplement.

AND - you will 100% get the cabin you want. You must remember, that most people do NOT get their upgrades. So, even if they allowed you to combine, you could easily NOT win the upgrade.

We are booked in a SF Penthouse suite on the Pearl. Bid on an upgrade to an H2 owner's suite at $790 pp. Don't think I have a chance since it's down to the last cabin and I booked my SF a long time ago with great perks at only $1,749 pp. But for that price it would be a major steal.

Booked an inside room on the Jade 10 day cruise on Dec 18. Put in our bid on Friday for less than $150 each, and today I got an email that it has been accepted! I'm really surprised as we weren't expecting much since our bid range was in the "poor" category! I'm also surprised we heard back so soon (only 2 business days after!)

Edited by cbeilman

Booked an inside room on the Jade 10 day cruise on Dec 18. Put in our bid on Friday for less than $150 each, and today I got an email that it has been accepted! I'm really surprised as we weren't expecting much since our bid range was in the "poor" category! I'm also surprised we heard back so soon (only 2 business days after!)

What category cabin did you bid on?

Norwegian Jade December 18-28th

Upgrade 76 days out

3 guests

Inside to Balcony BA

Low/fair $210CDN or $168US PP

I am absolutely thrilled to spend Christmas on a balcony. I'm just wondering where our itinerary will take us. Bring on the magical mystery tour!!

Edited by hotvwchick

Norwegian Jade December 18-28th

Upgrade 76 days out

4 guests

Inside to Balcony BA

Low/fair $210CDN or $168US PP

I am absolutely thrilled to spend Christmas on a balcony. I'm just wondering where our itinerary will take us. Bring on the magical mystery tour!!

We are on the same cruise and also got upgraded! We are anxiously waiting to hear about the new itinerary, although I'll be happy going anywhere in the Caribbean :D

My offer status is 'pending' does that it has not been accepted and is still in the big pile of "we will see if upgrades get down to you offer" bids?

That’s exactly what that means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys. I am getting upgraded to a balcony, but not through the bidding process, i called my TA. from OV to Guarantee balcony for $240/2 people plus $40 more for insurance..

the next day I received an invite from NCL to upgrade to Haven through the bidding process, but I'm not interested. So my bid is cancelled! :) So the fun of waiting for the accepted bid is over..lol.. now i can wonder where oh where will my balcony be!!

Just cancelled my advantage bids for Pearl 9 day out of NO 11/10/17. The priced dropped so much was cheaper to upgrade from my comped SE to an H4 Haven 2 bedroom total cost with bump on OBC was 14 bucks way better than the 1200 I was willing to pay to upgrade. Watch prices sometimes it is cheaper to just move!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just received confirmation of successful upgrade from sail away inside rate to spa balcony room for $100pp for the Getaway transatlantic on Oct 15th. Very excited!

Congrats to a good upgrade, I am on the same cruise and have booked a sail away mini suite (MX) and have a bid in for upgrade to Haven Forward facing Penthouse with Balcony (H7) hoping I will get the upgrade.

Maybe we meet onboard....

Congrats to a good upgrade, I am on the same cruise and have booked a sail away mini suite (MX) and have a bid in for upgrade to Haven Forward facing Penthouse with Balcony (H7) hoping I will get the upgrade.

Maybe we meet onboard....

Looks like there are still these Haven Rooms available. I'll cross my fingers for you...