What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I'd be willing to upgrade, but I heard I'd get the current promos and lose the ones I have now. I got excellent promotions. How true is that? Or does it vary?

The answer is yes and no.

If you called in and did a paid upgrade, you would get the CURRENT promo's and pricing.

If you bid via the upgrade process you keep what promos you already have, but do not gain the promos that might have applied to the higher level cabin.

(perks that actually come with certain cabins still are there - suite stuff, spa, etc)

Bid page now says "processing" for a 2bdrm on a Oct 16 cruise, but no email or change of room assignment on ncl site.. any idea how long it takes to get a confirmation one was upgraded? Fingers crossed...

Processing usually means they are working on changing your cabin. Good luck!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Just got the let's get you upgraded banner on one of the two rooms we have. We are in a hump balcony, noticed that there are no options to bid on other balcony categories. Is this the norm? Was only considering putting in a bid for aft balcony as I am happy with our current room.

I don't think they have that option. It needs to be one or two levels higher then the cabin you are in. I usually book a balcony and the only ones they offered were mini-suites or above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone, I won't give up yet then :) All the replies sound like there is hope remaining... and we are 100% happy with the large balcony we already paid for. So it'd just be a nice little bump if we did get it. If not, more $ in our pockets lol.

Thanks again!

We were on a B2B in Alaska, the first leg in an Aft Suite, the second assigned to a balcony (both thru CAS, one each commensurate with our play) . I tried for weeks before, andalso throughout the first leg of the cruise to upgrade so that we could stay in our cabin. No luck...and I was bidding pretty high. This cruise, we were assigned a balcony and I bid on the forward facing suite...we were notified 3 weeks out that we were in. I was in the low "good" range both times.

It all seems pretty crazy. They were still accepting bids from me on a cruise that the Concierge had already received a list of guests for...and we weren't on it, LOL!

We haven't actually been in the Haven as yet. We've been in several suites, but not on ships that had the Haven, so I decided to upgrade since our itinerary was one that we wouldn't be getting off the ship. I think it's worth it, but only because I'm not paying for cruise itself. I don't think I'd pay that price anymore for the cruise and the upgrade...but I'm retired now, so.....

Just received our upgrade notification today (sept 27) for our Oct 29 Breakaway cruise (32 days out)

We upgraded from BD "bump" balcony 10876 to an H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite for $690 per person. The minimum bid was $400 pp.

My $770 pp bid for an Aft Facing H6 Penthouse was rejected, though my mock bookings showed this as sold out many days ago.

As of the mock booking I did this morning before my upgrade there were 11 H5 cabins available. Currently my mock booking shows 8 available. I suspect a minimum bid on this category may well be successful, but my girlfriend and I had already set aside a decent chunk for the upgrade in case it was required since we realllly wanted Haven.

Just received our upgrade notification today (sept 27) for our Oct 29 Breakaway cruise (32 days out)

We upgraded from BD "bump" balcony 10876 to an H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite for $690 per person. The minimum bid was $400 pp.

My $770 pp bid for an Aft Facing H6 Penthouse was rejected, though my mock bookings showed this as sold out many days ago.

As of the mock booking I did this morning before my upgrade there were 11 H5 cabins available. Currently my mock booking shows 8 available. I suspect a minimum bid on this category may well be successful, but my girlfriend and I had already set aside a decent chunk for the upgrade in case it was required since we realllly wanted Haven.

Wow that is a great price for the Haven

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Congratulations! We are waiting on our similar offer in November. Did you feel that you got one of the better H5 locations in your perspective as one of the first H5s accepted or do you feel they are still holding back better locations hoping for higher offers?

Congratulations! We are waiting on our similar offer in November. Did you feel that you got one of the better H5 locations in your perspective as one of the first H5s accepted or do you feel they are still holding back better locations hoping for higher offers?

Seems to be kind of random - It's down to 7 H5s now - I tend to think of the deck 16 H5s as the premium locations, and 2 of those disappeared since this morning (16110 and 16126). Now you can't say for sure that they weren't booked outright, but it seems unlikely when there have been 11 H5s available every day for the past 80 days (yes, I checked every day), and on the day I'm upgraded it drops to 7 available. Seems more likely they did 4 upgrades.

Maybe NCL considers 16110 and 16126 to be less desirable deck 16 cabins, but I can't really figure why. I think it's more likely just random selection.

I'd also assume that the offers they processed today probably WERE the higher offers - the ones left in their system are probably on the lower end. If they're holding any back, it's with the hope that the people who are paying outright last minute will be able to choose a "premium" cabin.

Great to know with time to enjoy. Kinda like Carly Simon's anticipation song. We're 31 days out and waiting. Lol, not bidding on a Haven. I bet they might have a buyer/bidder ready for your cabin and took the offer without waiting too long. As we can only bid on balcony or mini suites, they might sit longer. I keep twinkling the bid. Up, down and around they go.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Great to know with time to enjoy. Kinda like Carly Simon's anticipation song. We're 31 days out and waiting. Lol, not bidding on a Haven. I bet they might have a buyer/bidder ready for your cabin and took the offer without waiting too long. As we can only bid on balcony or mini suites, they might sit longer. I keep twinkling the bid. Up, down and around they go.....

I started much higher actually. At 80 days we were offering $780 pp. Since the 40 day mark (and all the hurricane news), I've reduced the bid $10 pp each day. We were willing to pay more to have the bid accepted early - with each day that passed, we knew it was less likely they were going to sell those cabins and have to take a bid. We were also less willing to pay for the "early upgrade" privilege as those days slipped away :)

I started much higher actually. At 80 days we were offering $780 pp. Since the 40 day mark (and all the hurricane news), I've reduced the bid $10 pp each day. We were willing to pay more to have the bid accepted early - with each day that passed, we knew it was less likely they were going to sell those cabins and have to take a bid. We were also less willing to pay for the "early upgrade" privilege as those days slipped away :)

I wonder if they can see that and figured they better take your money now. Not hard to program to see a trend both up and Down. Or do they actually use real time alerts. The last 3 weeks have been disaster for the industry and tossed a monkey wrench into the upgrade program. With my luck will get the balcony and end up in Canada instead of Bermuda. Enjoy your Haven cabin. You know what they say "once in the Haven, your never going to book anything less "

Just to let you know... keep an eye on current prices when you bid for upgrades. Yesterday I was able to do my own "upgrade" for almost $200 less than the minimum bid accepted on the H4 cabin I "upgraded" to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Isla's Mom

Just to let you know... keep an eye on current prices when you bid for upgrades. Yesterday I was able to do my own "upgrade" for almost $200 less than the minimum bid accepted on the H4 cabin I "upgraded" to.

Good tip. I was watching that pretty closely. Comparing the all-in with drink pkg tips/taxes, my winning bid plus my original cruise price saved me 30% off the cheapest Haven category and 40% off the H5 (based on current prices).

Of course there's a chance that they'll drop the prices further and my savings will decrease.

Did mock booking and still 1300.00 each with over 20 available. Even the same cruise in 3 weeks has lots still showing. No drop in price. Still thinking not the same demand as in year's past. Most of the usual last minute cruisers are sitting this one out till December.

I wonder if they can see that and figured they better take your money now. Not hard to program to see a trend both up and Down. Or do they actually use real time alerts. The last 3 weeks have been disaster for the industry and tossed a monkey wrench into the upgrade program. With my luck will get the balcony and end up in Canada instead of Bermuda. Enjoy your Haven cabin. You know what they say "once in the Haven, your never going to book anything less "

Thanks! Looking forward to it. As for if they "see" my bidding activity I honestly have no idea haha. Anything is possible, but based on the activity today it seems more likely they just chose to do a batch today. Probably based on the high number of cabins still available, historical sales data, and a solid dose of conservative forecasting last-minute October sales from the hurricanes.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. As for if they "see" my bidding activity I honestly have no idea haha. Anything is possible, but based on the activity today it seems more likely they just chose to do a batch today. Probably based on the high number of cabins still available, historical sales data, and a solid dose of conservative forecasting last-minute October sales from the hurricanes.

Can they do my batch? I’m leaving 1 month from today and I mock book everyday to see if I can just upgrade on my own. I called on a whim and she quoted 1300pp for a family suite (SJ) so I will wait patiently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the past 12 years have been very friendly for the cruislines in weather. I wonder how many of us who booked for the next 4 to 6 weeks, would try a last minute booking now? Im thinking not many. I also wonder if many who can cancel did so if they had any reason insurance purchased?

Nice.

GLTY.

We've bid more than that for the H5 for our cruise to no avail.

So, with our dining package and UBP in hand, we just withdrew from "the process."

Chartered a private 36' boat in the GC for half the difference.

IMO, this "process" is a really a symptom of poor initial pricing. Who would book ahead of time giving the upgrades we've seen?

Love the BA class, and will have a great time on Escape.

But, "this isn't working" should be a 'consideration at this point by NCL.

Proof?

Nobody else is copying.

Say why don't you folks name the ship or port you are getting these upgrades for/from ? I would think the mega ships from Miami will get cheap upgrades. Pearl from NOLA or similar small port/ship likely not.

I will after the fact. Your right as to the lucky ones with accepted bids. 1st time booked on NCL. wonder what the etiquette is when having drinks and going over what everyone paid. Last time at a concert found that we paid half as much as our next seatmate. Lol, my wife books the concerts, I the cruises.

I will after the fact. Your right as to the lucky ones with accepted bids. 1st time booked on NCL. wonder what the etiquette is when having drinks and going over what everyone paid. Last time at a concert found that we paid half as much as our next seatmate. Lol, my wife books the concerts, I the cruises.

Similar pricing with airfare and hotels.

As to concerts, a friend told us what they paid more mediocre seats for a recent concert. I lied about we paid for middle floor seats. Her son got her a "deal" at double our cost.

Hi, when you tweak your bid, do you just change the amount or do you have to enter your credit card info again?

Hi, when you tweak your bid, do you just change the amount or do you have to enter your credit card info again?

As long as you don't cancel. You can go up or down as often as you like. Ncl sends a email every time it changes. Pain in the neck if you had to do that each time.

So confused on this bidding process. Were in one cabin and friends are in the cabin next to us. We all decided to try to bid to get balcony rooms even tho we knew we would be separated. My group bid 250 each....friends bid 200 each. They got upgraded and we wernt. Same style cabin - so confused.